Is This a Lot of Hair Loss for a Rollerset Detangle?

Katt73

I just did my first rollerset :grin: but I'm wondering... is this a lot of hair loss? This is all the hair I lost from detangling and setting. I left the clip in the pic so that you could get a sense of how big the wad of hair is.

Thanks in advance!

Inches411

not sure.. how long is ur hair. I lost a good bit of hair detanglign in the showe r but my friend from forum told me it might just be shedding so check the hairs to determine if its shed hairs or jsut breakage. Also how are u detangling can be a problem... i will not detangling without the assistance of water pressure and a good slip conditioner and i detangle combing my hair down to the side for the hair in the front and back for the hair in the back . i find trying detangling hair combing back causes more breakage/

filthyfresh

I think some of that is just shedding.
Like the poster before me, I say check for breakage.
But it seems like you have a lot of long strands.
Which suggests shedding.
Maybe you could post a length pic so we can compare?

Katt73

It's just past shoulder length. I detangled it dripping wet with Lacio Lacio. The hairs are all long...I didn't look at each one closely to determine whether there was a bulb, but I believe it was primarily shed hair.

filthyfresh

Yeah that doesn't seem too bad.
I'm almost SL and I shed about that much.
I see you're from Chicago, any chance you're attending the meet up in June? :grin:

Katt73

Yeah that doesn't seem too bad.
I'm almost SL and I shed about that much.
I see you're from Chicago, any chance you're attending the meet up in June? :grin:

Thanks! If this set turns out okay (I'm under the dryer now), this might be my new thing!

I didn't know about the meet-up!...I haven't been on the meeting threads in a while. I'll go over there to get details. I'd love to go because I had to miss the last one.

filthyfresh

Thanks! If this set turns out okay (I'm under the dryer now), this might be my new thing!

I didn't know about the meet-up!...I haven't been on the meeting threads in a while. I'll go over there to get details. I'd love to go because I had to miss the last one.

We'd love to have you, girl! Check out the thread and make sure to leave some topic choices and some possible meeting places (we're considering restuarants). =]

SelfStyled

I lose about the same amount of hair w/ a rollerset. It varies, sometimes more or less, can depend on what product combination I've used, or how many weeks post I am. I love your bun! Details please......

Allandra

IMO, that hardly looks like a lot of hair loss.

I just did my first rollerset :grin: but I'm wondering... is this a lot of hair loss? This is all the hair I lost from detangling and setting. I left the clip in the pic so that you could get a sense of how big the wad of hair is.

Thanks in advance!

Katt73

Thanks, ladies! My set came out fantastic!

I'm going to have to do a bun tutorial because there's no way I can explain with words how I did it!

Not at all. I pulled out much more than that last night. I was so scared. I'm still scared. Maybe I miss calculated and it's time for a perm. I'll try that.

cmw45

:look: I definitely loose more hair than that when I detangle. I usually only do so every one or two weeks after a braids and then a braid-out.