Who's Achieved Growth Without Supplements?

Selene

Who\'s Achieved Growth Without Supplements?

I hate taking pills everyday. I am willing to take a multi-vitamin I don't think Supergirl (who has beautiful hair) takes supplements...has anyone else grown their hair long quickly without vitamins?? My hair grows fast naturally, but if a vitamin can help, I am open to it.

Last edited:

brandy

Re: Who\'s Achieved Growth Without Supplements?

I stopped taking supplements about 7 weeks ago and concentrated on improving my diet. I noticed that my hair is still growing very well. You do not have to take supplements to grow your hair, afterall supplements are artificial.

Supergirl

With Love & Silk

[ QUOTE ]
Who's Achieved Growth Without Supplements?

[/ QUOTE ]

Me!

kedra70

Supergirl - what is your regimen? I'm about to throw my vitamins (except the multi) out of the window!!!!!

Kedra

Nonie

Before joining the forum, I only took a multi (Didn't know of the "usual suspects") and I achieved more growth in two years than I ever thought possible (for me), by simply following Brenda's regimen. ( www.blackwomenrejoice.com )

AKAngel904

I dont take supplements, my hair is growing...
Blaxal, I have a book which lists all the types of meds and what to stay away from that would cause adverse reactions. If you want me to look a certain med up for, Ill be happy to.

Ipanema

[ QUOTE ]
nonie said:
Before joining the forum, I only took a multi (Didn't know of the "usual suspects") and I achieved more growth in two years than I ever thought possible (for me), by simply following Brenda's regimen. ( www.blackwomenrejoice.com )

[/ QUOTE ]

I looked at that site, and it practically screams SCAM. You can get regimens for free.

Nonie

At the time I downloaded the report, I had never owned a book on hair and knew nothing of hairboards. I think for someone who was as clueless as me, she really was a ray of light. I had no clue that water was my friend (learned that from her) or that washing often was good. I didn't know or believe afro hair can grow long when you're 100% black (no other bloodline in your family tree). I had no clue that it mattered what scissors one used to trim hair (have to be sharp) or what combs one used (must be seamless). Of course if I had known of LHCF two years ago, I could've learned the same stuff I learned from Brenda for free.

So I don't think Brenda meant to scam pple. Just like Cathy, she sort of learned what she shares by doing her own research. But instead of publishing and selling her findings in a book, she has written a report for you download at a price.

Consider yourself lucky if you found LHCF first though, coz you can get the info they both give for free right here.

(Uhmm...you didn't hear that last line from me.
)

renee_n_3000

Blaxalrose,

I just started taking a multivitamin about 2 months ago. Before that I've maintained my hair at a few inches below bra-stap to waistlength since I was a toddler. (That's not including the short haircuts in hs and college. It always grew back quickly though)

I love reading other people's post about how much growth they've achieved with different supplements and products, but I'm too concerned about unknown health risks to try any of them. I just focus on staying away from scissor happy and poorly educated stylists, and keeping the ends properly dusted myself to maintain a neat appearance.

BTW, I really like your screenname!

ETA that I saw some Flaxseed oil tablets on sale in a drugstore circular this week so I'm thinking of buying them, but I have to do some research first on whether they will be beneficial to my overall health.

sithembile

I don't take supplements, I only take iron for my anemia and I drink high carb with protein shake to gain weight.

Ipanema

Nonie, I understand where you're coming from with being clueless about haircare, and finally finding something that helped you out. (My first reaction was that it was a scam, but I guess not). The tone of that site turned me off a bit, the vagueness about the "report," and the photos.

jrw

I have never taken any supplements. I would like to one day though.

Ayeshia

[ QUOTE ]
brandy said:
I stopped taking supplements about 7 weeks ago and concentrated on improving my diet. I noticed that my hair is still growing very well. You do not have to take supplements to grow your hair, afterall supplements are artificial.

[/ QUOTE ]
artificial vitamins? ?? ive never heard of fake co-enzymes b4 not even in chemistry. i know sum of the fillers they put in capsules are artificial but not the vitamins itself. can you explain please?

Lecaste

I only take a multi and my hair has gone from touching my nape to very nearly shoulder blades since January 03. And I'm 6 FT tall, so that's good, right?

p.s. If I EVER find someone to do my hair in Denver, I will post pics!!!!!!!!!!!

nebula24

[ QUOTE ]
ayeshia said:
[ QUOTE ]
brandy said:

[/ QUOTE ]
artificial vitamins? ?? ive never heard of fake co-enzymes b4 not even in chemistry. i know sum of the fillers they put in capsules are artificial but not the vitamins itself. can you explain please?

[/ QUOTE ]

Almost all vitamins are made in a laboratory. More information is available here but remember they are trying to sell a product: vitamin info

brandy

The Coenzymes (cofactors) you are talking about are the small nonprotein units required by enzymes to carry out their particular reactions. This is Biochemistry, these are found in the body naturally but in Analytical chemistry, the vitamins (supplements) we take in form of capsules,tablets or liquid are synthetic(artificial). I hope your question is answered.

Stormy

So have I. I take a multi vitamin and have been off and on for a year now, but before that my hair grew very nicely!

KM24

I eat a balanced diet and I exercise. If you do that consistently, you don't need to take any supplements.

alma

last year this time I wasn't taking any supplements and my hair still grw fast

jainygirl

i don't take hair supplements i'm barely able to keep up with taking my multivitamin
It just seems pointless when your hair is gonna grow with or without them. This is just me but i'm not shelling out bucks for an extra 1/4 inch a month
I'm kinda lazy in the aspect that i dont want to work at growing it AND retaining it. i rather just work at retaining what i am able to grow
--jainygirl