Who's pushing for CollarBone Length? Let's start a challange!

AvaSpeaks

Okay now if your between Neck Length and Shoulder Length hair, than this thread is for you.

I noticed alot of us are Neck or Chin length but our next goal is to be SL. This thread is for all those ladies who are either stuck around the neck and want their hair to grow longer or for those who maybe desire SL hair, but has had short hair all of their life so SL may seem really far off to them.

It's simple, let's try to get at least 8-10 inches on our heads by end of February. That gives us 3 months to get 1 1/2 inches, if we want to go by the "1/2" a month theory.

We can check in every week for support and give updates every 2 weeks :superbanana:

Now, who's in :grouphug:

TwistNMx

Yeah! Finally a thread just for us. :yep:
Hey gurl,
I'm definitely in.:grouphug:
I guess I should get used to showing my pix. :grin:
Will everyone here be showing a picture of where they are now?
HP
Here's my picture so everyone will know I'm not cheating:

Last edited:

AvaSpeaks

I think that's a good idea! I will have to post my later, I'm at work now and loading up pics and stuff, well let's just say then I will be obvious :lachen:

But yeah, I mean that way, if we get to Collarbone or if you are just leaving Collarbone but it seems like you will never get to SL, then that's what this thread is for, a support group and a more defined target than just Ear Length to BSL in a year...

ok im in on this one, yea i agree its about time theres a thread for us, im about to perm by the end of the week or next week after a long stretch, im looking forward to the progress that we're going to make, here is a pic of me that was taken in october.

Attachments

• grandnme.jpg
    grandnme.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 16

TwistNMx

ok im in on this one, yea i agree its about time theres a thread for us, im about to perm by the end of the week or next week after a long stretch, im looking forward to the progress that we're going to make, here is a pic of me that was taken in october.
Welcome to the fold.
That's a very nice picture of you. :yep:

AvaSpeaks

There you go! Now her hair is Collarbone Length.

I will post a pic later. I'm at work :work: :computer:

thanks high priestess for the compliment, i dont like taking pics, my aunt got that snap in

my regimen

wash with CON and deep condition(at least an hour) with ORS replenishing pak once a week, moisturize with parnevu creme every nite, love this stuff, apply NTM to my ends, use carrot and olive oil

i may wear my hair down for a few days out of the month and the rest is bunning and moisturizing, there a link to my fotki in my profile, i know it needs updating, but there are a list of products i use there. i plan on relaxing by the end of the week and after a few weeks i will wear cornrows for a while or flat twist

my regimen isnt complicated very simple, ive retained a lot of growth this way, and before i forget i take biotin and onesource vitamins, i drink a lot of water cause i love what it does for my skin and hair

HTH

TwistNMx

thanks high priestess for the compliment, i dont like taking pics, my aunt got that snap in

my regimen

wash with CON and deep condition(at least an hour) with ORS replenishing pak once a week, moisturize with parnevu creme every nite, love this stuff, apply NTM to my ends, use carrot and olive oil

i may wear my hair down for a few days out of the month and the rest is bunning and moisturizing, there a link to my fotki in my profile, i know it needs updating, but there are a list of products i use there. i plan on relaxing by the end of the week and after a few weeks i will wear cornrows for a while or flat twist

my regimen isnt complicated very simple, ive retained a lot of growth this way, and before i forget i take biotin and onesource vitamins, i drink a lot of water cause i love what it does for my skin and hair

HTH
I know what you mean. I'm a little bashful about showing my pictures also, but I figure if I get the desired results, maybe it will inspire others in my boat.
Sounds like you are doing well with your regimine. I still haven't mastered twists...and where would I wear them? I think they're cute though.
Do you self-relax? And when you cornrow your hair, do you wear anything over it?
HP

yes i self relax and its one of the smartest things ive done, i try to stretch my perms at least 9-10 weeks, 12 would be pushing it, like i am now, and as far as my cornrows i coat them everynite with protectiv moisturizer and i make sure i coat the ends really well also, when i wore my hair in cornrows my hair grew so much, i took them down every 2 weeks and washed and deep conditioned and back to my braider but she has moved away:sad: and i dont have a braider anymore, so i havent had them. but the twist can be double stranded or "flat twist" that go back into a ball, there is a picture of what im talking about in my fotki, they are more like cornrows themselves they are braided to the scalp, very cute. i would make sure i moisturize those too, i never got the hang of washing while in cornrows, but oh well ive done well in the past with washing every two weeks. in the mean time i need to be on the look out for a braider.:rolleyes:

HTH

mrsbookworm

I will post a picture later. Unfortunately, I just got a haircut from SL to neck-length because my hair was severely damaged in the back. Since reading more on LHCF, I now realize - too late - that I could've done DC and perhaps worked with my hair a little more before chopping it off. :wallbash:

I just had a baby six months ago and had been wearing braids, so I think that did the damage. I'm so glad to see this support group because I've been really down about losing the length on my hair. Now you all can encourage and inspire me.

I'm just starting to work on my regime. My hair is really dry which will be a challenge for the winter. I usually shampoo just once a week. I'm going to start doing oil rinses. I ordered some Amla Oil, Amla Powder, and Shikakai. I also just started on the GNC UltraNourishHair vitamins this week. I'm thinking about ordering BT, but I'm such a PJ and I promised myself that after my BSS shopping spree this weekend that I would not buy another thing for my hair. I own soooo many shampoos and conditioners and moisturizers and have so little time to even use them all - it's crazy. With all the rave reviews for BT though, it seems hard to resist.

AvaSpeaks

so which is the longer length SL or Collarbone? im confused...can some1 post pics of CBL???TIA

Collarbone Length is to your collar. And remember, your collar is above your shoulders.

Most AA women in this country have Neck length to Collarbone length hair. Then next we have women that have shorter SL hair.

You have to get to Collarbone length before you can get your hair to your shoulders. If your hair has always been short, then you know that getting the hair to your collar will be a great acheivement :grin:

AvaSpeaks

Yes, can someone please post pics on the different lengths (Neck length, Shoulder and Collarbone)...because I really have no clue what length my hair is :look::nono::wallbash:

Weety, your hair is almost Collarbone length! It's the hair length when your hair is floating around your collarbone or your clavical bone.

Come on ladies, you guys know where you collarbone is :lachen:Stop playing!

scarcity21

Weety, your hair is almost Collarbone length! It's the hair length when your hair is floating around your collarbone or your clavical bone.

well then if collarbone is almost where the clavicle is, the CBL is longer than SL.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clavicle

it looks like Weety is neck length from her avatar
unless y'all mean collar as in collar of a shirt then thats different

seraphim712

I'm in, though I kinda think some of my hair has reached collarbone. I will see when I go to the salon on Friday.

TwistNMx

Ditto :yep:
I saw a few pictures of people here who already achieved the goal. :rolleyes:

ShiShiPooPoo

I always thought too that your cb is lower than your shoulder. Unless my body is just weird. Anyway, I'm in because I'm nowhere near either one.

KizzieNapps

LOL....Yes, I know where my collarbone is. This is apart of my confusion. My collarbone is about even with the top of my shoulder. I'm not so much confused about where collarbone length is as I'm confused about what is actually considered shoulder length. Is shoulder length at the top of the shoulder or should it be a little past it?

poookie

the front of my hair is a little longer than chin length... so i'm in just for the front of my hair! (is that allowed?) :look: