Valentines Day Challenge!

chickory_bee

Valentines Day Challenge

I love challenges, and I love it even more when the reward at the end makes it worthwhile…So I'm starting a VALENTINES DAY CHALLENGE!:bouncy:

• You MUST wear your hair in a protective style until the reveal date.
  • You are STRONGLY ENCOURAGED to consistently use a growth aid during the challenge (eg. Vitamins, MTG, BT, LR, MN etc…)
    [*]You MUST NOT REVEAL your ‘crowning glory’ until the second week of February, 2008.

[*]You must refrain from heat until the reveal date (With the exception of heat used to condition/treat).

[*]You MUST drink sufficient amounts of fluids.

[*]You are STRONGLY ENCOURAGED to stay away from fried foods, and sweets.

[*]You are to look in the mirror EVERY DAY and pick one good quality about yourself and focus on the GOOD, NOT THE BAD :gorgeous:

[*]Remembering that your stomach is your shape, you are encouraged to do crunches or any alternate stomach exercises daily, do facials, mani/pedi’s etc. (No, this is not related to your hair growth, but we need to look good ALL OVER!)

[*]February 9-14 is the reveal period, for you to reveal your hair and your overall self to your SO :dinner:
The goal is to PAMPER your hair (and yourself) until February. Even if you don’t have a SO, Valentines day can be a good day to work towards as its close enough to not be a lengthy challenge, yet far enough to make a difference.

Anybody wanna join me?

Post a reply, indicating your current length, and the desired outcome of this challenge. Post progress pictures (if you have any):needpics: , and even if you don’t have any current pics, be sure to post some of you on Valentines Day!

Participants
  1. Kem Dee
  2. Sunshinelady
  3. Brownsugarbaby
  4. MtAiryHoney
  5. Bluediamond0829
  6. Chickory_bee
  7. Awesomely Nappy
  8. Ncarter72
  9. Special K
  10. Determined22
  11. Gymfreak 336
  12. Girlyprincess23
  13. Skyborn09
  14. Sweetpuff
  15. Amara11
  16. Onmshn
  17. Zuhus
  18. Naiema1
  19. Lissa0821
  20. Dany06
  21. Fabiennd
  22. SexySin985
  23. Blueabyss333
  24. Caramela
  25. PanamasOwn
  26. Missi
  27. Tenjoy
  28. Lexi84
  29. AprilSunShyne
  30. Napbella
  31. Tyte Curlz
  32. PrettyfaceANB
  33. TT8
  34. Aziza
  35. The Dreamer
  36. Cici22
  37. Chauncee
  38. SeatownSista
  39. Zeal
  40. Choklatekiss79
  41. Carribean Dream
  42. 26inchhair
  43. Hautia
  44. Prettypuff1
  45. Frustrated
  46. Princessdi
  47. Wantlonghair 1988
  48. Caramel Diva
  49. CurliDiva
  50. Tiffers
  51. Guyaneek
  52. Hondahoney007
  53. Eiano
  54. Reyna21
  55. Tatje
  56. Naphy
  57. Shortee
  58. StunningEssence
  59. Nyrican1
  60. Hair 1am
  61. Newflowers
  62. NappyParadise
  63. Wishin4BSL
  64. Jluvztweety
  65. Brockstar
  66. ILuvsmuhgrass
  67. Arr1216
  68. Long2short2 ?
  69. Msbrown76
  70. Jamila 75
  71. Yougrowgirl
  72. Atweety82
  73. Femalegold
  74. Sweetg
  75. Summa Bliss
  76. Krissyprissy
  77. Sade'
  78. Vandidix
  79. Xavier

Last edited:

AwesomelyNappy

I'm in!!!!!!

What should be our reward (besides beautiful hair)?

Chocolates?

A big stuffed teddy bear?

Flowers?

i'm currently about 1-2 inches from APL. My goal by Valentines Day is to have healthy and full (maybe an inch past) APL... almost blunt cut.

I'll post pics when I reveal my hair in Feb.

D

donewit-it

I'm in also. I will do my protective style this weekend. I am just coming out of braids so I need my hair to breathe at least this week. Tonight I'm gonna try posting a picture in my siggy as a starting point.

I'm having trouble getting my picture up

Last edited by a moderator:

*KP*

I'm definitely in. I was a bit late in joining the HYH til Christmas challenge but I'm all for this.

With my relaxed hair I can't do NO heat whatsoever but I will use only indirect heat with my rollersets.

I'm a little past shoulder length and hoping to be at least an inch past APL by Valentine's day.

I also plan to get massages, facials and manicures :grin:

My starting point --> http://public.fotki.com/special83/progress-pictures/17october2007.html

ETA- image not working so I've replaced with the link

Last edited:

girlyprincess23

Do we have to wear a specific type of protective style is an everyday bun okay. Because I left the other challenge because when I took out my weave to do it over saw that these braids are NOT good for my hairline at all!!! So is just a bun under a headwrp okay?

sweetpuff

Valentines Day Challenge
I'm in but I will need a LOOOOOT of support.

• Hair type : 4a/b relaxed
  • current length : Shoulder. check out my fotki. I took out about 1 inch of thinning ends.
  • Protective style: half wig with or without baggy, bun, high ponytail, french twist, bun with a clip
  • Growth aids: MSM (3000mcg) Biotin (5000 mcg) MN about 2 weeks per month every other day.
  • No heat except rollersetting. and deep conditition
  • TONS of water. Good food. Bellydance classes
This is going to be hard guys... I'll have to buy another half wig... ugh...

Last edited:

amara11

How Awesome is this challenge?! I'm down. I'll be back to post some "before" pictures within the next week!

gymfreak336

My protective style will be a bun
growth aids-mn cream, maybe bt or sulu max grow
vitamins- back on my full monty everyday
Exercise- more workouts in the pool, need to work on my flexibility again

amara11

Main Goals:
~APL

~Gym 4-5x/week

~Water (I drink 0 oz. a day now,so ANYthing would be an improvement)-- i know, i know!:ohwell:

~vitamins- iron, b-complex, biotin, multivitamin, MSM

~diet- just sensible. Fad diets don't work for me- not b/c of them, but b/c I always end up cheating/quiting.:blush:

Lissa0821

I'm in
Hair type: Fine, 4b
Current lenght: shoulder
Protective style: Bun or french roll
Growth Aid: Nature's Sunshine HSN vitamins
Rollersets and deep conditioning

I am really going to give it my best effort. Here's a picture of my starting point

Attachments

• 10232007a.JPG
    10232007a.JPG
    12.1 KB · Views: 9

Naiema1

I'm in this challenge! I'm still in my TWA stage. I have about 3 inches stretched, but at the end of this challenge, I hope to have obtained strength and growth. I'm just getting aboard with the growth aids. I just purchased my first bottle of BT and I bought some MN to experiment with. I won't be able to actually start the challenge until I get home next week, because I'm in Iraq right now, but best believe I'm on it when I get home!

Zuhus

Wow..I'm so game with this one and I'm not even smiling :pulpdance:. My first challenge..and I'm loving the overall looking good thing! Let's do it;

Hair length goal;Shoulder length :look:
Protective styling: crown and glory
Use heat only for DC
Gym; 3X/week
Water; I HATE drinking water but guess coz I want to start taking some Biotin, 2litres per day will have to go down my throat.:wallbash:
Growth aids; Vitamins:B-complex and biotin (2500mcg), MN, BTand De Louise Ayurveda Growth Tonic
Diet: I part-time in KFC..need I say more?:flush: I just have to start cooking my own meals now :grin:
Overall; I'd better be look smoking HAUTE by Valentine's :look:

Last edited:

chickory_bee

Just in response to an earlier question, there are no specifics on the protective styles. Anything that works for your hair is fine!

blueabyss333

I'm in! I need good challenges to keep me in check.:yep:

Here are my stats: 4b
Goal #2 Collarbone by Feb.
Stretch at least four months by Feb.
NO heat!
Protective styling

HHG to everyone!

Woohoo!.JPG

Caramela

I normally don't participate in challenges, but I think I could do this. I will have my husband take a hairpic this weekend... :yep:

girlyprincess23

Just in response to an earlier question, there are no specifics on the protective styles. Anything that works for your hair is fine!

Okay in that case I'm in
My hair is shoulder length now, i've gone back to cowashing and moisturizing daily then just putting it up in a bun and either leaving it like that or putting a headwrap on it, only heat for D/C, except every 4 months when get relaxer, and wearing a silk cap at night. I use a mixture of doo gro, WGO, BT, and MN on my scalp nightly. I also take Biotin, Flaxseed, Fishoil, MSM, Vitamin C, and Centrum daily. Next week im resuming my daily 4 mi. walk (home video by leslie sansome) and weight lifting 2x a week. Im going to attempt to drink 4 of those 20 oz bottled waters daily. Gonna post some b4 pics too tomorrow, see where we get!!

PanamasOwn

oh my.... I really want to do this challenge but not sure if I can hang that long.. it's what, 4 months; 1 inch per month (hopefully) 4 inches..WHY NOT...COUNT ME IN! :yay::yay::yay::yay:

I cant lie...Im a SUCKER for sweets...so I will try. Doing this along with the seaweed challenge, I better have 4 inches :weird: