Short Haired Ladies Support...Nape Length and Shorter!!

back2relaxed

I know this is LHCF, but I know there are some of us who are striving to be long and healthy haired(is that a word?)...so I thought it would be interesting to see where you are in your journey to grow your hair longer, and what goals do you have for your hair? Also what is the regimen you are using to gain and retain your length.

My regimen is to prepoo(protein cond) for about 30 mins, shampoo w/a moisturizing shampoo(keracare hydrating detangling), dc w/a moisturizing conditioner(humecto), condition w/humectress, and then I set my hair w/BBD butter foam to dry under the hooded dryer. Then I flat iron using Redken Smooth Down Heat Glide...I do my hair every other week at home and I go to the stylist the opposite weeks...I am getting a Phyto 2 relaxer as well. My goal is to have hair that is healthy, its naturally thick, but to maintain my length, whatever that may be.

So far so good, I have not gotten a trim in the 3 mos that I have been getting a relaxer, no splits!! :)

So what about you guys?

crvlngrhair

HELLO!:) I usually pre-poo for at least an hour, poo with ORS creamy aloe or ION clarifying poo, dc with a con mix, airdry or dry with the dryer setting on cool, then apply NTM leave in and BT, seal with proclaim 7 oil and baggy. I use phyto 2 relaxer as well and I'm in love with it. :D

trulyurangel82

I had to have my hair cut a few days ago. went from shoulder length to ear length because my hair was so broken off from being underprocessed for months.

Anyways right now my regime is Saturdays I wash with suave humectant shampoo and deep condition with aubreys organics gpb conditioner for 15 minutes. I then put in giovanni direct leave in and use magnetic rollers. I then sometimes when its dry put a little bit of leave in and wrap my hair, put a saran wrap on it and go under the dryer for 10 minutes so it straightens out.

I use boundless tresses (growth aide)-Saturday, Monday and wednesdays.
Wednesdays I do a condition wash when Im in the shower. I just put on a cap and let it condition while im taking a shower.

The hardest part about having my hair shorter is putting it up. I was struggiling today after I condition washed it. My hair is too short to put in a pony tail...so what I had to do is bobby pin it on the sides and put a clip on the pony tail in the back so it can stay.

If anyone knows of any tips to to put your hair in apony tail when its real short I would appreciate it :)

I plan on staying away from heat for a few months until my hair grows back out and thickens.

and yeah no more self relaxing lol.

Good luck everyone.

back2relaxed

I don't know about putting your hair up in a ponytail either...I have tried to do a french twist as a protective style a couple of weeks ago, but I'm sure it looked more like a bunch of bobby pins than it did an actual twist!! Its so hard to do protective styles right now! Trulyuranangel, I'm sorry you had to cut ur hair, but I know using less heat you will grow it back in no time.

One thing I wanted to know is do you see a lot of growth with the BT?? I am currently only taking Biotin as a supplement...please tell me how you like the BT...

Also what do you guys think about microbraids as a protective style? I've never had them, but have always wanted, I'm just afraid of losing my edges...:ohwell:

BlkOnyx488

Hey there I am a shorty. my bangs are just a little past my eye. my sides are level with my ears and the back is to the end of of my neck.

Currently I am over 8 weeks out from my last relaxer. I am not going to put another relaxer in my hair for at least a year if not longer.

I baggie day and night
I notice my hair is a moisture whore it dries up really fast. I keep in moisturized
I keep my hair cornrolled under a wig
I use a bunch of different products. it might be to many

my goal is to grow 6 inches in a year.

back2relaxed

:look:
BlkOnyx488 said:
Hey there I am a shorty. my bangs are just a little past my eye. my sides are level with my ears and the back is to the end of of my neck.

Currently I am over 8 weeks out from my last relaxer. I am not going to put another relaxer in my hair for at least a year if not longer.

I baggie day and night
I notice my hair is a moisture whore it dries up really fast. I keep in moisturized
I keep my hair cornrolled under a wig
I use a bunch of different products. it might be to many

my goal is to grow 6 inches in a year.

Yeah that's my goal to...hopefully we'll both make it so we can have shoulder length or longer hair by this time next year!

Cayenne0622

I"m not nape length anymore but I just wanted to show my support and tell you ladies that I was at nape length in July 06 and this forum has taught me alot. For those who are new...do not let the wealth of information make you go over the top with products, fad like trends, and regimens that may be good for someone else but not for you. I'm speaking from experience and I have learned a hard lesson.
KISS...keep it simple stupid.:lachen: I survived 8 months of massive shedding and a few months of breakage. I did some trims and some dusting and the health of my hair has been preserved but I did sacrifice some length.

GOOD LUCK LADIES. The OP has a good regimen and it seems to be working well.

tapioca_pudding

Here I am!!! :D

Short haired lady checking in. Just joined LHCF a couple weeks ago (or was it one week ago?!?), just started w/ a haircare regimen. Actually I havent even done it yet, Im that new. :)

My hair used to grow very quickly.. but I think all the "relaxing @ the sight of newgrowth" slowed it down.. I may be wrong tho. I dusted my ends last week (or I think I dusted them... Im not real sure what dusting is. But I just used the edge of my scissors to nip off the split boys.. no real length lost.) so Im starting kinda fresh. Im 3 weeks post relaxer, tryin to stretch to 6 (thats including my back and sides...!). My hair needs moisture but not while its wet.. does that make sense?? I.e., when I do alot of moisturizing conditioners and deep conditioners, etc, my hair gets mushy and lifeless and doesnt hold curls, etc. It just falls straight again and has no texture to it. Ugh. So Im trying to make sure that I balance my moisture stuff w/ my protein stuff so I dont overdo either. Heres my regimen so far - like I said, I havent really tested it so far cuz Im just starting out. All thoughts are welcome!!!! :D

Goals:
-Increase overall health/thickness
-Learn type/growth rate
-Healthier hair/Mid Earlength by July
-Jawlength Bob by December??
-Stretch relaxer to 6+ weeks - begin texlaxing
-Minimal Heat Styling
-Experiment w/ protective styling - roller sets/braid outs/etc

Regimen:
--Daily--
Treat scalp w/ BoundlessTresses @ nite (growth aid)
Lightly moisturize ends w/ ORS Carrot Oil morning & nite (moisture)
Seal w/ JoJoba
--Weekly--
Prepoo w/ Nexxus Phyto Organics Humectant (Will alternate w/ NTM Mask) + Jojoba on dry hair under a baggie for 30 min to 1 hr
Poo w/ Nexxus Phyto Organics Hydruss or Pantene Anti Breakage Shampoo
Deep Condition w/ ORS Hair Mayo for 20 min under dryer
NeutrogenaTripleMoisture LeaveIn + Jojoba, set style (wrap under dryer or try roller set or something)
Cowash once weekly w/ Aphogee 2Min Keratin Reconstructor or Pantene Anti Breakage Conditioner depending on what my hair seems to need
Workout 4x a week
--Once A Month--
Clarify
--Every 3 weeks--
Emergencee Treatment under dryer for 20 min followed by
NTM Mask + Honey + Olive Oil 15 mins

Thanks so much for starting this thread!! :)

back2relaxed

Kels823...your hair is very healthy looking, so it looks like you are off to a good start....

Keep it going I think we may all have our hair goals really quickly with all the info we are getting from LHCF.;)

TeeKay21

Checking in! I had hoped to be past neck length by now, but my recent setback/cut has me right back at the beginning again. But I'm not sad, my hair is doing great (especially with the help of BT and a great regimine).

Soon we'll all be out of the club, but for now....HAPPY GROWING YALL!!

trulyurangel82

back2relaxed said:
I don't know about putting your hair up in a ponytail either...I have tried to do a french twist as a protective style a couple of weeks ago, but I'm sure it looked more like a bunch of bobby pins than it did an actual twist!! Its so hard to do protective styles right now! Trulyuranangel, I'm sorry you had to cut ur hair, but I know using less heat you will grow it back in no time.

One thing I wanted to know is do you see a lot of growth with the BT?? I am currently only taking Biotin as a supplement...please tell me how you like the BT...

Also what do you guys think about microbraids as a protective style? I've never had them, but have always wanted, I'm just afraid of losing my edges...:ohwell:

I started using BT I think 4 weeks ago. I had like hair taken out in one spot from wearing braids years ago and its filling in so yeah it works.

I like the BT. I have the scented one and it smells good :). Its not too greasy either if you dont use too much. A little goes a long way. I use it every otherday.

Personally if your hair is sensitive like mine I wouldnt wear micros. From my experience braid extenstions took my hair out. I used to have real thick hair and now its fine. But then again I Was wearing braids for years in middle school-high school.

TeeKay21

I love BT as well. It's great if you put it in at night, when you wake up it's all absorbed, doesn't leave your hair all greasy. I only apply to the scalp and I use it pretty much every day.

My edges and the right side of my head were overprocessed and we very thin. They had broken to d@mn near the scalp. Now they are all okay and almost the same length as the undamaged left side. It's not noticable by looks at all.

ChocalateDiva

Im here,Im here!! Checking in. I dont really have a regimen yet, just mostly reading posts, stalking foylkti's and tryna find my own vibe. My hairs is just a lil bit past the nape of my neck (pic in my siggy.) I wash 1 time weekly and deep condition with Keracare Humecto in the tub. I sit unda the hood dry to dry my hair and flat iron after dry. I moisturize 1 time a day with Mizani Rose H2O and seal with Wild Grow and wrap at night with a silk scarf.

Goal- Bra strap, silky,sexy,thick,etc,etc,etc.

Happy Hair Growing Ladies.

L

Last edited:

TeeKay21

That sounds like a pretty decent regine to me Diva. It's actually pretty similar to what I do, just diff. products

ETA: Your hair is beautiful. And so is yours kels. We could be hair twins! Especially since the cut and my other twin is now longer than me (go carribeandiva!)

Last edited:

newflowers

Count me in too! I am still doing the C&G thing. Right now, my hair is unbraided - rebraiding tomorrow. All of the old relaxed parts are all gone - I have all natural for the first time since I was a kid - we're talking like 30 years here. I don't know how you natural ladies do it - it's a lot of work to just comb it out gently.

While on C&G, I am in braids (two layers of corn rows) for two - three weeks and then a few days (2 or 3) unbraided while I have the joy of really washing and deep conditioning before being rebraided again.

I wash every other day because I am deep into sweaty exercise and I get so itchy when I don't. I use a diluted Phytojoba shampoo or Shikaiki tea, and the condition with Phytosesame. Once a week, I do a detox wash, use Ojon Restorative, wash again with Phytojoba shampoo, and then deep condition with Phytojoba Mask under a bag for a couple of hours. Then I rinse, rinse, tinse to make sure it's all out, use the leave-in, and then spray the oil.

Daily, I spray with ApHogee Green Tea and Keratin Spray and then apply emu, rice, bran, or camellia oil.

So far so, good. I've been doing this Since December and I have about four inches of new growth - I just cut the last of the relaxed ends this past weekend. No breakage and very little shedding, so I am very happy so far.

I will finish the C&G Challenge in July/August and then I will relax again and leave the braids the behind. I am looking forward to having my own hair to take care of again.

Last edited:

SignatureBeauty

Okay I am in But I have no set Regimen just yet but I do know that my Twa is growing out so fast but I won't take a Picture until like June or July so I can see my growth Difference.

carribslc

Checking in!! I’ve just recently just started really taking care of my hair. Past attempts have ended horribly. But, it's going well so far.

Current Length: A little below the ears
Problem Areas: Front Temples and Nape (Still waiting on my BT!!)

New Regimen:
Wash 2x Weekly with Crème of Nature Shampoo and Conditioner
Deep Condition 1x Weekly with ORS Hair Mayo under Hood Dryer
NO HEAT (except for hood dryer), Oh yeah, roller setting maniac!

Goals:
My first goal is to have healthy hair. Secondly, shoulder length would be nice.

Last edited:

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
I'm in! I just celebrated my 1 month nappiversary in Vegas!:D I don't have a regimen yet. I just daily CW and poo 1X a week. I am researching good products for my hair. This time I am working on going back to basics. I will be reincorporating the stinky challenge back in my routine. ;)

bluediamond0829

thank you for this thread....

i really dont have a regimen as of yet...

so i sometimes do wash and condition at home...but majority of the time right now im at the salon almost every week....I just want a simple regimen to start myself and if i could just learn how to wrap and curl my hair i will be the bomb..lol

backtorelaxed your regimen sounds great..

i havent had a trim in about 2 1/2 months....i want to not be in the salon every week either...once every two weeks would be wonderful(especially with saving me some money)...

deola

Count me in too!!!
Right now my regimen is cornrows, bun with phony pony and more corn rows!:grin:
When I'm not corn rowing, I co-wash once a week and depending on the state of my hair do a deep conditioner. I'm not sure what a pre-poo is but I know I don't do that. What are the benefits of a pre-poo? I also use a growth potion I mixed up almost every night till further notice. I don't baggy as it does not agree with my hair but I tie it up in a silk/satin scarf which always without fail ends up somewhere on my bed the next morning!:wallbash:
I also take biotin, msm, a b complex supplement and drink lots of water and exercise almost every day. Oh, I also use castor oil for my scalp 3-4 times a week.
My goals? To have very healthy thick hair first and grow my hair as long as it will grow- but I'm liking bra strap length though:grin:

JerriBlank

i hope it's no too late for me to join! my hair is currently sitting just a little past the back of my head. im trying to gro it back out from two drastic cuts done within a 3 month period! I was basically bald as of january of this year. it is growing slowly,but surely. I am currently in braids as i am doing the c& g method. I have been co-wshing my hair every other day,as my hair really needs the moisture. I spray african royale braid spray and a mixture of infusium 23 w/rosemary oil on my hair everyday. i mousturize w/ aveda shampure conditioner and leave it inmy hair everyday. that's pretty much it for now!

Shell4624

I'm in ladies. Front of hair (bangs) just below eyes on one side other side right around brows. Sides one side at ear length other side below ear length, back, back of neck/nape?? None of this intent ally, its just the way my hair broke.

Not sure of my texture, I still need to post a pic so some of the pro's can help me figure that out.

My current regimen
Co-wash/DC - Thursday
poo/DC - Sundays

Styling.. Just took out full head weave prior to the start of my journey.. so far, I've just been wearing 1/2 wigs with my ends baggied underneath. I have been still using heat to straighten my hair in the front :wallbash: I am thinking of getting another weave soon, as I would like to leave my hair alone!!

My goal is to get my hair back healthy, thick and I'd say just growing. I'll be 30 2/3/08, my goal is to gain at least 3.5inches by then.

Shardonay11

I recently cut my hair to a health length, it to tha nape in the back and ear length everywhere else. Everyone seem to like it, but I desire long beauiful hair. This growth process can get so hard sometimes.:ohwell:

carolb21

I recently had my hair cut because of severe breakage from over and under processing...:wallbash: I went to two different stylist thinking that they knew what they were doing....:lachen: Yeah right, neither one was very interested in my knowledge. So here I go again. I am currently 1/4 to 1/2 inch in the back with a short bob on the sides and top. I hate my cut but everyone tells me how good it looks and how young it makes me look...:ohwell:

I have been using BT, Lenzi's request and Aveda Dr in an attempt to stop this incredible breakage problem and regrow my hair. My hair is growing, but it seems so very slow. I also started drinking the seven ingredient hair cocktail to help with the breakage. I noticed today that my hair seems healthier and the breakage has slowed down greatly. My hair was cut a little below the top of my ears and now it is right at the bottom, approximately a 1/2 inch...YEAH:grin::grin: My only concern is keeping my new stylist from trimming my hair when I relax in three weeks. He feels that in order to grow my hair out with some sort of styles he needs to keep the back/nape short and let the bob grow out. What do you guys think?

Thanks again to all of you for the love and support. I have learned so much from you ladies. I'm trying to get to a healthy head of hair, not really worried about length, but shoulder length would be nice...:grin:

back2relaxed

Thanks for bumping my thread...so far so good for me..I know I need to update my album, I'll try to get to it this week! But I just had a relaxer on Friday, July 27...so now my back is to the very bottom of my nape, maybe a little bit longer. The sides are definitely hitting the bottom of the chin, and the front is finally in the brows!! I also had my first trim since May or late April so that is 3 mos w/no trim, I consider that a success b/c my stylist really just dusts the necessary ends. So all of this hardwork is definitely paying off. I have started to see a little shedding, but its minute...so I will be doing protein treatments with every wash until this subsides. I will check back in to let you know how its going!

Oh I've been wearing a phony pony when I don't feel like manipulating my hair, I seem to like those a lot. I've also been stretching(for me anyway) to 8 weeks! My hair grows like a weed so at 8 weeks, there is at least an inch of new growth if not a little bit more...