I think bantu knots are it short haired ladies

Knedgers

I am just beginning my hair journey and i am at a an akwward length is is neck length in the back and chin length in other spots and I am trying to thicken it back up. I have been struggling to find a lo mani protective style. Because I cant wear a bun and twist out are not it right now because of my thinning crown. Well bantu knots on dry hair or 80% dry hair seem to be the best bet for me. the curls are cute and it is easy. I just wanted to share this for any short haired ladies that might be at an awkward length like me. They also are easy to refresh.

Knedgers

lol same here girl but I just cant seem to quite get a bun yet! My hair is kinda uneven all over my ponytail is sad:sad:

kittie43

How many buns did you have? What did you put in your hair to maintain the look? I tried it once and it looked horrible, so any tips would be appreciated.

Knedgers

How many buns did you have? What did you put in your hair to maintain the look? I tried it once and it looked horrible, so any tips would be appreciated.

Ok girl here goes:
On dry hair....I put a little mango butter or ntm leave in and seal with castro oil ( i have bad ends that have not been cut yet) I like for my hair you feel very very slightly damp. I finger part my hair and twist I make sure I run my finger over the twist to make sure the hair is smooth and then wrap it around its self. An put a cloth covered srunchie around it.
Oh and please make sure your ends ar good and tucked

I think, for me, being a short haired lady I have to make moreknots than the longer haired girls. not so much in the front but definately in the back.

I have eight knots total

Leslie_C

Im glad u found a style that works for you! It will get u thru the stage you are going thru right now! My only suggestion is to use ouchless bands or cut up pantyhose dipped in oil instead of the cotton hair elastics, just bc they can suck the moisture out of your hair and cause breakage. Also, how about some pics of the style?! Id love to see it! :)

Knedgers

Im glad u found a style that works for you! It will get u thru the stage you are going thru right now! My only suggestion is to use ouchless bands or cut up pantyhose dipped in oil instead of the cotton hair elastics, just bc they can suck the moisture out of your hair and cause breakage. Also, how about some pics of the style?! Id love to see it! :)

I think these are ouchless I got them from walgreens they are black....should i still dip them in oil, and sure I will post pics asap!!

Attachments

• scrunchi.jpg
    scrunchi.jpg
    4.7 KB · Views: 148

Leslie_C

I think these are ouchless I got them from walgreens they are black....should i still dip them in oil, and sure I will post pics asap!!

those are great...u may want to dip them in oil or spray them with oil sheen just as some extra insurance tho! ;)

Dposh167

I AGREE..bantu knots are a really good alternative style for short haired ladies such as myself:grin:. I also bantu knot my human hair tracks and use them as a phoney poney. they come out like little ringlet curls and stays all day. a nice change from bone straight phoney poneys

kittie43

Ok girl here goes:
On dry hair....I put a little mango butter or ntm leave in and seal with castro oil ( i have bad ends that have not been cut yet) I like for my hair you feel very very slightly damp. I finger part my hair and twist I make sure I run my finger over the twist to make sure the hair is smooth and then wrap it around its self. An put a cloth covered srunchie around it.
Oh and please make sure your ends ar good and tucked

I think, for me, being a short haired lady I have to make moreknots than the longer haired girls. not so much in the front but definately in the back.

I have eight knots total

Thanx alot! I am so excited now, I will try it tonight.