Where do you buy your Indian Oils from?

crlsweetie912

Hi ladies. I am ready to stock up on my indian oils again. I have ordered from Indian Blend and I haven't seen any stores in Baltimore that sell the Amla and other indian hair products. Do you ladies have recommendations for products and/or vendors? Thanks!:D

JLove74

crlsweetie912 said:
Hi ladies. I am ready to stock up on my indian oils again. I have ordered from Indian Blend and I haven't seen any stores in Baltimore that sell the Amla and other indian hair products. Do you ladies have recommendations for products and/or vendors? Thanks!:D

Not sure how close you are to Catonsville, but there is a Patel Brothers grocery store there. I've gone to the locations in VA & Rockville - they have a very large selection of oils and other hair stuff...

Also here is a listing for other stores: http://www.thokalath.com/maryland/grocery_stores.php

HTH

tenderheaded

PryncessLana said:
Thanks for that link (even though I changed the state to CT)!! I just found one about 10 minutes away from my house, called and made sure they had what I want. It's on now!:D

Local is the way to go! I got 20.9oz Dabur amla oil for $3.99, 6.76oz jasmine oil for $1.99 and 6.76oz Vatika oil for $1.99. Less than $8 for a litre of oil:eek:
They also sell prepared items and give me free samples, that's how good a customer I am:)

dlewis

I would recommend AMLA OIL and AMLA OIL LITE. Oh and Parachute Coconut Oil. I've never ordered online, normally get them from the local Indian lady that was charging me to much. But the husband surprised me with a trip to the Indian Grocery Store while on vacation. When you order let me know where and how the customer service was.:)

crlsweetie912

I ended up ordering from East West Bazaar. Their prices were the best and they take pay pal. They also have a great selection. I already got confirmation and I got the following items:

DABUR Anmol Pure Coconut Oil (500 ml/P.Bot) = US $3.41
1 x DABUR Brahmi Amla Hair Oil (200 ml) = US $1.97
1 x DABUR Jasmine Hair Oil (200 ml) = US $1.97
1 x KEO KARPIN Hair Oil (300ml) = US $5.84
1 x Himani Gold Turmeric Cream (25 gm) = US $1.61

Shipping was kind of high 11.00 but, I figure that I would have spent that much on gas, time and energy trying to find an Indian store in the area. I will let you ladies know when I receive the items. I AM A HAPPY PJ!

*Frisky*

crlsweetie912 said:
I ended up ordering from East West Bazaar. Their prices were the best and they take pay pal. They also have a great selection. I already got confirmation and I got the following items:

DABUR Anmol Pure Coconut Oil (500 ml/P.Bot) = US $3.41
1 x DABUR Brahmi Amla Hair Oil (200 ml) = US $1.97
1 x DABUR Jasmine Hair Oil (200 ml) = US $1.97
1 x KEO KARPIN Hair Oil (300ml) = US $5.84
1 x Himani Gold Turmeric Cream (25 gm) = US $1.61

Shipping was kind of high 11.00 but, I figure that I would have spent that much on gas, time and energy trying to find an Indian store in the area. I will let you ladies know when I receive the items. I AM A HAPPY PJ!

what are these good for?

crlsweetie912

marie170 said:
what are these good for?

Heck if I know, I am a PJ!:lachen: :lachen: :lachen: :lachen: :lachen: :lachen: :lachen: :lachen:

j/k NOT!

But, the Keo Karpin is for growth stimulation as stated on the website. I will use them for pre-poo's and try to start doing pre-poos at least once a week.

dlewis

marie170 said:
what are these good for?

My husband uses Jasmine oil on his hair and it's helps with dandruf as well as oils his coal black beautiful hair, I use it sometimes but i don't like the smell of Jasmine that much. The KARPIN Hair Oil, I donno.

dlewis

crlsweetie912 said:
Heck if I know, I am a PJ!:lachen: :lachen: :lachen: :lachen: :lachen: :lachen: :lachen: :lachen:

j/k NOT!

But, the Keo Karpin is for growth stimulation as stated on the website. I will use them for pre-poo's and try to start doing pre-poos at least once a week.

:lachen: :lachen: :lachen: .............................

*Frisky*

crlsweetie912 said:

j/k NOT!

oh lawd!!! girl you could have ordered something you cook with for all you know:lol:

crlsweetie912

no, it was in the hair section!

ETA:

KEO KARPIN Hair Oil
With Natural Vitamin E and Olive Oil.
Provides strong roots and healthy hair
Keeps hair soft and silky
Pleasantly perfumed

DABUR Jasmine Hair Oil
It nourishes and strengthens hair, while providing a rich silky feel and delightful fragrances of jasmine flavors.

Last edited:

Forbidden

tenderheaded said:
Local is the way to go! I got 20.9oz Dabur amla oil for $3.99, 6.76oz jasmine oil for $1.99 and 6.76oz Vatika oil for $1.99. Less than $8 for a litre of oil:eek:
They also sell prepared items and give me free samples, that's how good a customer I am:)

I have all of that on my list lol. Along with the Parachute Coconut Oil that Dlewis recommended.

You guys are the best!

dlewis

Let me know how to like the KEO KARPIN Hair Oil. I might want to get this.

There was a long thread on this long long time along, about how it cleared the skin very well.

dlewis

PryncessLana said:
I have all of that on my list lol. Along with the Parachute Coconut Oil that Dlewis recommended.

You guys are the best!

Let me know how you like the coconut oil.

JLove74

That parachute coconut oil is wonderful, it smells great and it's light. I even started mixing a little w/my nivea lotion after showering :lol: .
Oh, I got a bottle for cooking - this stuff is multipurpose:)

crlsweetie912

Oh yeah. I got my order from eastwestbazaar in record time. I have only used the coconut oil so far. But it's the best. It's dabur coconut oil and I hope to prepoo with the amla, jasmin and karpin oils tonight. I will post results!

pistachio

asianfoodcompany.com. you get 3 bottles of vatika hair oil for $20.00(shipping is already included in the price!)

CarefreeinChicago

Quan. Description Price
1. DABUR Amla Hair Oil (4 sizes)
Item No. HB-30 $2.99
2. DABUR Vatika Coconut Hair Oil (150 mL)
Item No. HB-31 $4.99
4. Henna for Hair (100 grams)
Item No. HB-33 $3.99

I just ordered this stuff from www.indianblend.com i am such a pj i can't wait to try henna

LovelyLionessa

I buy my oils locally. I love my Dabur Amla, Vatika & Jasmine oils. Once I get thru my humongous tub of Lou Ann Coconut oil, I'm gonna have to try that Parachute brand.

crlsweetie912

UPDATE:
That Kao Karpin oil is really nice! I love to use it to seal and I can use it on wet and dry hair. I would say it's similar to coconut oil. It gives great shine and smoothness to my hair! I have been using it every day. It's really light! It doesn't smell bad like the amla oil. It has a light floral scent. I will definitely repurchase!

navsegda

I bought mine from eastwestbazaar.com. I got the Dabur Vatika and Amla Lite oils. I hate the way the Vatika smells (it smells like spices used in Indian food). I like Indian food, but I don't want my hair smelling like it, so I'm gonna restrict the Vatika to the scalp only. I actually really like the way the Amla smells (maybe it's because I got the Lite and not the regular kind?)