OFFICIAL Half-Wig Thread (Gallery & Info)

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.
wow those pics of the half wigs really do look great on you ladies that wear them. i could never find a half wig to match my type hair. they mostly cater to straight haired ladies.

Smiley79

Hello Smiley,

Ya rockin' it girl, ya rockin' ittttt!!!!!! Think I need to start a HW List with the names/numbers of the ones I am liking (er a most of 'em) to purchase when $$$ comes available.

Just what I need a new product to be a junkie foe, :spinning:. Heeeey, LL is in half-wig heaven.

LOL! Thanks girl. I hear you on that. THat's why this thread is so awesome...you get a sneek peak at some great looks. I have a few more on my wish list but I too have to watch the $$$, lol. Oh well, a few at a time will do.:grin:

InNeedofHairapy

\/ my siggy is Tammy by Outre...do any Tammy wearers thin her out, or cut her int he back? I love the front layers, b/c they're about how long my hair is when it's straight..but the back seems wayy to long for me...

Bluetopia

\/ my siggy is Tammy by Outre...do any Tammy wearers thin her out, or cut her int he back? I love the front layers, b/c they're about how long my hair is when it's straight..but the back seems wayy to long for me...

i'm a die hard Tammy girl and plan to rock her as my signature look for 2010 :cloud9:. i considered thinning her out at first but if i wet her a bit, spray on some oil free sheen spray and put on a scarf, she flattens down nicely so there's no need.

as some have mentioned her nape gets tangled so im going to go out and buy some fabric softener to soak her in tomorrow to take care of that.

InNeedofHairapy

i'm a die hard Tammy girl and plan to rock her as my signature look for 2010 :cloud9:. i considered thinning her out at first but if i wet her a bit, spray on some oil free sheen spray and put on a scarf, she flattens down nicely so there's no need.

as some have mentioned her nape gets tangled so im going to go out and buy some fabric softener to soak her in tomorrow to take care of that.

She very well could be my signature as well...if I could get over the length..I'll try the scarf thing and see how she looks. Thanks

Bluetopia

Here's a pic of me and my Tammy lol

She looks like a thicker braidout version of my real hair. Call it vanity but I only like HWs that mimick what I already got going on underneath. :lachen:

With all this cold weather I haven't tried blending her yet because moisture is my 1st priority. When the weather gets warmer I'll start braiding up the front of my hair so I can blend her without the headband.

She very well could be my signature as well...if I could get over the length..I'll try the scarf thing and see how she looks. Thanks

InNeedofHairapy

Here's a pic of me and my Tammy lol

She looks like a thicker braidout version of my real hair. Call it vanity but I only like HWs that mimick what I already got going on underneath. :lachen:

With all this cold weather I haven't tried blending her yet because moisture is my 1st priority. When the weather gets warmer I'll start braiding up the front of my hair so I can blend her without the headband.

Oh wow, she really looks good on you. I feel you on wearing HWs w/ texture similar to your own. That's the path I'm trying to take. I don't straighten my hair at all in the summer, but I do a few times in the winter...that will be the only time I'd wear a straight HW, I think..unless I do the headband thing

LovinLocks

wow those pics of the half wigs really do look great on you ladies that wear them. i could never find a half wig to match my type hair. they mostly cater to straight haired ladies.

:nono: Sis. My hair is anything but straight. Simply roll, wet, whatever the part you want to show and I'll bet you can blend 'til your heart's content.

LovinLocks

NAPE OF WIG(s)

Whoa, whoa, whoa was JUST going to post an ask about that. Just took off my 2nd hw, just now, and the nape is 'bout to be a hot mess. Now, though I didn't pay much ($24, I think) I ain't trying to have this be a disposable wig. Shoot, I want it to last. Soo,

What's the 4-1-1 on soaking, dealing with the nappy nape situation, ladies?

Thanks in advance.

LL

LovinLocks

LL's 2nd half wig

Awww sookie, sookie nah ladies. Wore my second half wig for Sunday go ta meetin' and when I got home my dude was spyed eyeing it (as she held her breath in anticipation, "Does he like it, does he not!")

It's a hit, ladies! After asking several questions he positively complimented me.

Check out the gallery in my Fotki and please feel free to comment (she lovesssszzz commentzz). That way I'll know the real deal on what future styles to try.

Thanks gals. :wave:

http://public.fotki.com/lovinlocks/2010/half-wigs-protectiv/

Last edited:

Smiley79

I tried another half-wig called "Oprah" but it's from a company I never heard of called R&B Collection(?). I really like it a lot. You can click here for photos. Another great choice for my fellow transitioners.:grin:

OT: *Can someone please PM me how to add pics without them coming out teh size of a monitor?

Smiley79

Ok I managed to attach the photos!!! Hooray. :grin: HTH, if any problems, just click here to see more pics.

Attachments

• DSC02351.JPG
    DSC02351.JPG
    39.1 KB · Views: 78
  • DSC02343.JPG
    DSC02343.JPG
    35.9 KB · Views: 87
  • DSC02347.JPG
    DSC02347.JPG
    24 KB · Views: 66

Smiley79

Yea Ateya is famous around this parts..

I took a picture wearing SanteFe Girl but I didn't realize how blurry it was...camera phone:ohwell:

I bought Tammy too!! I can't wait to try her out...you ladies are rocking it.

I think I'm gonna have to give that Tammy wig a try!

Neek-a-Nator

^^^^Oh wow Smiley, it looks great, if you didn't say so I would think it was real. Also can you tell me how to post pics in the thread don't know how. I have the pics of Tammy in my album but want to put them here so everyone can see. TIA

Dannibear86

Smiley, I love those last pics that you posted it looks SO natural.

I have a few picks of "Kendis", I got her a couple of weeks ago. I took more pics than this, but my camera is on crack and these are the only one's that transferred.... but anyway here she is.

I am supposed to be getting 4 more in the mail by Wednesday so when I get them I will take pics.

Attachments

• kendis 1.jpg
    kendis 1.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 68
  • Kendis 2.jpg
    Kendis 2.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 62

LaToya28

Smiley, I love those last pics that you posted it looks SO natural.

I have a few picks of "Kendis", I got her a couple of weeks ago. I took more pics than this, but my camera is on crack and these are the only one's that transferred.... but anyway here she is.

I am supposed to be getting 4 more in the mail by Wednesday so when I get them I will take pics.

That is so cute! I've been eyeing that one.

I just ordered this one from blackhairspray in 1B/33. Can't wait to get it!

Dannibear86

That is so cute! I've been eyeing that one.

I just ordered this one from blackhairspray in 1B/33. Can't wait to get it!

Thank You !!...

I saw one similar to the one you want at the bss and it is really cute. I think I'm too "plain Jane" to pull one like that off though lol

Smiley79

Thanks ladies! Yea, I love how natural this one looks.

*Neekanator, I clicked on the attachment button below the posting box and uploaded my pics. HTH! :)

lwilliams1922

I just put on Outre's Ciara for the first time. I LOVE her. Cute style and has enough length but not where it's rubbing on my back getting poofy.
I received 2 pieces in this order one was a $70 wig and this one was a $20 will. (sale 39 and 16). so far I like this one better. I'll have to review both again after 2 weeks of wear.

Last edited:

Lady Esquire

SelfStyled, thank you for the tip!

I ordered my first half wig today on sale for $14.97!!!!!!! I guess I'm gifting it to myself for Xmas.
:grin:

https://www.hairsisters.com/ver2/Vi...ortName=product_sort&sortValue=desc&type=cate

HZ 7010 in color 1B. I'll be back with a follow-up on how I like it.

It came yesterday. I cut some of the length and volume, so it could look beleiveable, and dulled it out with baking powder (could not find the cornstarch in the pantry).

I am extrememly self-conscious because it is too silky for my hair type, even after I flat-ironed the first 2 inches of my hairline, for blending. I am wearing a linen headband, and so that covers my hair, but me no likey right now. :nono: I would need freshly relaxed hair to pull this one off confidently.

If I am gonna do this half-wig regimen all year, I need the more textured wigs like MizzBrit.

InNeedofHairapy

tammy by outre.purchased on ebay

DO you wear Tammy often? She looks really good on you. I haven't worn her since New Year's. Maybe I need to put her on more to get used to the look..cuz I love her, but feel TOO diva in her...

*I like how we refer to wigs as 'she' and 'her' :lachen:

Smiley79

The Tammy wig is a must on my wish list now. "She" would be perfect especially now that my new growth is grown out like weeds!