***Komaza Hair Products***

adw425

I tried the coconut hair milk and I liked it very much. It has some good ingredients and the four ounce bottle lasted several months. You only need to use a little. If you use too much -- tacky hair. If you use a little it is a very nice detangler on wet hair and hair stays moisturized throughout the next day. I co-wash daily.

adw425

I bought that when I was on a coconut hair milk kick. I tried several hair milks a few months ago and this was about the only one that worked. For example, the Palmers coconut replenishing hair milk worked for a few uses and then stopped working well on my hair. The myhoneychild coconut hair milk made my hair hard. I have since moved on. I am on a kelp and horsetail kick at the moment (smile).

eshille

I just ordered several samples from their site. adw...glad to know about the hair milk product..I'm really excited.:yep:

Thx for the heads up about the tacky hair...:grin:

bravenewgirl87

There were some very strong contenders--but then some products that fell really short. Here's my review of the line. I used these products on my roommate, as well as myself. I wanted to be sure that this review is reflective of the truth. My hair is so picky, that not all products compliment it's health or style.

Herbal Shampoo and Herbal Conditioner

This was VERY rich. Perfect for everyday washing. I actually got it confused with the conditioner because it was so THICK and moisturizing. Here is where the problem comes into play: This shampoo can leave a lot of residue unto the hair and make it a bit heavy. I didn't get the feeling of "clean", as much as I got moisture. I think it might need to be toned down a little, because relaxed hair needs movement, bounce and flow. Superb for naturals, especially those with dry scalp.
I love the conditioner for co-washing. I wish it came in a bigger bottle.I wondered if I could use this all over my body as a head-to-toe wash, because it would really help with my dry skin! If you intend to buy this product, just remember to wash your hair once a week. It can really clog the pores of your hair if you co-wash daily with this. Or, you can conditioner wash bi-weekly. A definite repurchase (once they make a 32oz bottle).

Intense Moisture Therapy

It was definitely intense. I loved the smell of this deep conditioner. It was very thick and lush, which I loved a lot. It didn't leave my roommate's hair heavy or coated. The straightening iron ran through her hair with relative ease, and we didn't need to use a moisturizer after (she had oily scalp and hair). I also liked it. For someone whose hair need a little less product, I felt that this will contribute to their hair's health amazingly. I don't think it will replace my Mizani because my hair is very, VERY dry and course. My hair didn't feel coated at all, which was a plus. I would use this again.

Hair Nourishment
The description of this oil is highlt accurate; It will
replace your regular moisturizer. The baby-powder-fresh scent was what I first noticed. Also, I think all scalp oils should have Sulfur powder in them: if I am going to put something directly unto my scalp then, I think it should encourage growth. I liked this one. Great sealant on ends, too!

Coconut Hair Milk
Umm... I lost a lot of hair with this one. Not for relaxed hair AT ALL! I used it as a leave-in for my roller set. Unfortunately, this product does not mix well with heat, and completely tangled my new growth and relaxed ends. Worse part was that the product was so thick, that I had to wash back to back for two days straight. In my opinion, this will work wonders for the most course or curly of natural hair textures, but is a complete disaster on someone with relaxed hair. If your hair is completely textured and you need a soft hold for your curls (Wash 'n Go, twistouts, braidouts), then I would recommend this moisturizer to you. the tropical aroma is heavenly. But, please! Don't use this with heat.

Shea Butter Hair Lotion
My favorite product from the line. A little of this goes a very long way. I loved how they were able to cover up the smell of Shea butter, which can remind me of lard or grease. Perfect for holding Up Dos, Twists, Braidouts . It can even be used as a nightly Baggy Cream. Makes a great leave-in, too, but be sure to use a little or mix with water for roller sets.

eshille

There were some very strong contenders--but then some products that fell really short. Here's my review of the line. I used these products on my roommate, as well as myself. I wanted to be sure that this review is reflective of the truth. My hair is so picky, that not all products compliment it's health or style.

This was VERY rich. Perfect for everyday washing. I actually got it confused with the conditioner because it was so THICK and moisturizing. Here is where the problem comes into play: This shampoo can leave a lot of residue unto the hair and make it a bit heavy. I didn't get the feeling of "clean", as much as I got moisture. I think it might need to be toned down a little, because relaxed hair needs movement, bounce and flow. Superb for naturals, especially those with dry scalp.
I love the conditioner for co-washing. I wish it came in a bigger bottle.I wondered if I could use this all over my body as a head-to-toe wash, because it would really help with my dry skin! If you intend to buy this product, just remember to wash your hair once a week. It can really clog the pores of your hair if you co-wash daily with this. Or, you can conditioner wash bi-weekly. A definite repurchase (once they make a 32oz bottle).

Intense Moisture Therapy

It was definitely intense. I loved the smell of this deep conditioner. It was very thick and lush, which I loved a lot. It didn't leave my roommate's hair heavy or coated. The straightening iron ran through her hair with relative ease, and we didn't need to use a moisturizer after (she had oily scalp and hair). I also liked it. For someone whose hair need a little less product, I felt that this will contribute to their hair's health amazingly. I don't think it will replace my Mizani because my hair is very, VERY dry and course. My hair didn't feel coated at all, which was a plus. I would use this again.

Hair Nourishment
replace your regular moisturizer. The baby-powder-fresh scent was what I first noticed. Also, I think all scalp oils should have Sulfur powder in them: if I am going to put something directly unto my scalp then, I think it should encourage growth. I liked this one. Great sealant on ends, too!

Coconut Hair Milk

Umm... I lost a lot of hair with this one. Not for relaxed hair AT ALL! I used it as a leave-in for my roller set. Unfortunately, this product does not mix well with heat, and completely tangled my new growth and relaxed ends. Worse part was that the product was so thick, that I had to wash back to back for two days straight. In my opinion, this will work wonders for the most course or curly of natural hair textures, but is a complete disaster on someone with relaxed hair. If your hair is completely textured and you need a soft hold for your curls (Wash 'n Go, twistouts, braidouts), then I would recommend this moisturizer to you. the tropical aroma is heavenly. But, please! Don't use this with heat.

Shea Butter Hair Lotion
My favorite product from the line. A little of this goes a very long way. I loved how they were able to cover up the smell of Shea butter, which can remind me of lard or grease. Perfect for holding Up Dos, Twists, Braidouts . It can even be used as a nightly Baggy Cream. Makes a great leave-in, too, but be sure to use a little or mix with water for roller sets.

THANK YOU SO MUCH.....:cup:

michaela

Natural 4b

Intense Moisture Therapy

Hair Nourishment

Coconut Hair Milk

Shea Butter Hair Lotion

I Cant WAIT to try these products now!
thanks for letting me know your experince with them!

eshille

I may be asleep here, so humor me...:lachen:

I don't think I saw your review of the Hair Strengthener???? Do you think it fell short?

TIA

DivaD04

:wallbash:gosh i'm a sucker for products...i'd just knew i could resist...d@mn it! i'm about to try the Restoration Kit. I'm all natural so I'll give it a try and see what benefits it'll have for my mane.

michaela

Natural 4b
:wallbash:gosh i'm a sucker for products...i'd just knew i could resist...d@mn it! i'm about to try the Restoration Kit. I'm all natural so I'll give it a try and see what benefits it'll have for my mane.

Its okay!
I gave in too:look:
i think its all about what products will work best for you so u want have to keep on trying different things:yep:

Have you had anyother luck with other Natural products?
if so please do tell

DivaD04

Its okay!
I gave in too:look:
i think its all about what products will work best for you so u want have to keep on trying different things:yep:

Have you had anyother luck with other Natural products?
if so please do tell

curls, milkshake...love it!

other than that i'm always whipping together home ingredients like: really riped avocados an bananas...my dd love it
silk peptide powder, coconut milk powder, glycerin, water(filter), babassu butter, avocado butter, herbs, avg, and avm. stuf like that.

i'm a newbie to natural products but I'm always reading and looking to see what is benefitial to hair. It's so bad that i take notes, bookmark, and save the info.

i've tried cd's and my scalp did not like it.

mikosbelle

I have almost every product in the entire Komaza Care line and I am very pleased with the results. My hair is natural 3c/4a combo coily-curly hair. I love the Komaza line and it will continue to be a staple in my hair regimen. I love the shea butter hair lotion. I apply it to damp hair prior to bunning and I love it. It has great detangling propertie and is highly moisturizing. I also love the hair nourishment oil and the protein strengthener!! The hair nourishment oil is best applied to the scalp and works wonders for hair growth. My mother uses it religously and it is helping to grow her hair back in after several chemotherapy treatments. The protein strengthener is an all-natural version of aphogee (they both are very similar to me). I have color treated hair that is easily prone to breakage and this product is a life-saver for me. Intense moisture therapy is one of the best DTs out there in my opinion. I enjoy using it all year round and especially now that I am swimming more often. I prefer the aloe moisturizing shampoo and conditioner because they do not strip the hair and smell yummy!! If you have any questions prior to ordering I highly recommend that you call Renee the owner of the company. She is a highly energetic Christian young woman who has a passion for the health of your hair and helping it to grow. She is a pleasure to talk with and give you the best product recommendations after getting some information on your hair. Any other information you would like to know feel free to ask me. She did come out with some new products like the lemongrass hemp balm, H20 plus, and the cocunut hair pudding but I have not tried them yet. I will give some reviews on them when I get a chance to use them. But seriously this product line is fabulous. It is all natural and ranks right up there with the quality of Qhemet, Blended Beauty, Karen's, Oyin, Asha, and Curls. Give her samples a try, you won't be disappointed.

HTH!!:grin:

michaela

Natural 4b
I have almost every product in the entire Komaza Care line and I am very pleased with the results. My hair is natural 3c/4a combo coily-curly hair. I love the Komaza line and it will continue to be a staple in my hair regimen. I love the shea butter hair lotion. I apply it to damp hair prior to bunning and I love it. It has great detangling propertie and is highly moisturizing. I also love the hair nourishment oil and the protein strengthener!! The hair nourishment oil is best applied to the scalp and works wonders for hair growth. My mother uses it religously and it is helping to grow her hair back in after several chemotherapy treatments. The protein strengthener is an all-natural version of aphogee (they both are very similar to me). I have color treated hair that is easily prone to breakage and this product is a life-saver for me. Intense moisture therapy is one of the best DTs out there in my opinion. I enjoy using it all year round and especially now that I am swimming more often. I prefer the aloe moisturizing shampoo and conditioner because they do not strip the hair and smell yummy!! If you have any questions prior to ordering I highly recommend that you call Renee the owner of the company. She is a highly energetic Christian young woman who has a passion for the health of your hair and helping it to grow. She is a pleasure to talk with and give you the best product recommendations after getting some information on your hair. Any other information you would like to know feel free to ask me. She did come out with some new products like the lemongrass hemp balm, H20 plus, and the cocunut hair pudding but I have not tried them yet. I will give some reviews on them when I get a chance to use them. But seriously this product line is fabulous. It is all natural and ranks right up there with the quality of Qhemet, Blended Beauty, Karen's, Oyin, Asha, and Curls. Give her samples a try, you won't be disappointed.

HTH!!:grin:

Thanks for the info ^^^
I love swimming now that it is Summer Everyday and i stuggle to Find the Right Shampoo/Conditoners.

DivaD04

i have the restoration kit.....Herbal Tea & Henna Poo n CO, Almond Milk Cleansing:love:, HoneyComb Hair Rejuv. Spray, Shea Butter Hair Lotion, & Scalp Nourishment........I LOVE IT! Smells...ahhh :yep:will knock your socks off! If you like the scents of smooth citrus, almond milk, herbal n herbal fruit teas, and w/ one of the p's...which smells like ur stuck in the woods...then u'll like the scent alone.
The Poo and Co both have visual herbal remnants, so don't be alarmed.

YESTERDAY EVENING AFTER RECEIVING MY K. PACKAGE: B/c I just found out I'm pregnant I'm scared to use the products at one time...ya know the whole poo n' co, etc...(it has stuff in it pregnent women should avoid like horsetail, rosemary and I don't know what's the concentration of it) so since I already cow'd earlier that day w/ my cheapie co, i only used the honeycomb spray and the shea butter hair lotion and my hair n scalp loved it! through each parted section i only used about 1/4 of a pea size amount on my scalp and worked it on my hair...it's wet n oily that's why...through out the entire head, it really doesn't take much product. it really does moisturizes, it dries quickly but it doesn't leave your hair dry.
I have Almond Milk Cleansing Co...This product reminds me of being on the beach of a Tropical Island, where the water smells of refreshing glass of sweet almond milk. It smells so light and airy...but if your knocked up like me...it'll make you hungry...:grin:. when i try the others I'll let you ladies know...u should try it. especially if ur not pregnant.

DivaD04

BTW: If u get ur product(s) and if the oil is seperated from the cream, i just put mine in a cup n stirred it back together and put it in the fridge, especiall the scalp nourishent mine was watery and that sucka was the first to be put in the fridge.....plus w/ my co...i smell egg nog...maybe it's b/c i want some.

michaela

Natural 4b
Okay
Finally i can give a Review...
Aloe Moisturizing Shampoo Those are Pretty Good!
They are Keepers!
Herbal Shampoo and Conditoner:nono: Causes My hair To tangle Up Like Crazy! Never AGAIN gave Those Away!
Intense Moisture Therapy Was Okay.Only use it Once.Probably Never Again.
Shea Butter Hair Lotion Felt Good on The Hair While Wet Does Not Smell To Good :perplexed Gave That Away too.
It Smells Like VaseLine????
Left my hair Feeling Good For a Minute but as Soon As it Dried Up uh no
Scalp Nourishment Doesnt Smell Good Either....
if anything i would come back for the Aloe Shampoo and Conditoner.
But the Other Products.....

Last edited:

michaela

Natural 4b
Ladies Please Be Aware that The Deep Conditoner and The Regular Conditioners have Keratin in them!!!!!
If your hair Loves Protein Go for it But if Not I would Suggest To BACK AWAY SLOWLY!!!
Please i dont want anyone to Suffer From Protein Over load!
Besides the Fact that These Products or loaded With great Ingredients i was to hard headed to look and realize that the Conditioners (ALL OF THEM) contain Keratin!
I Stopped using the Conditioners Right away! I think i had a Small case of Protein Overload After using The Herbal Shampoo and Conditoner and intense moisture therapy:nono::nono:
But the Aloe Shampoo is GREAT!!! Its Very Moisturizing
They have a new Coconut hair line!
I may try it in the feauture (shampoo) since the Aloe Poo is Great!
I guess they ran out of the Herbal Shampoo??

mikosbelle

FYI,

Komaza has a new Coconut Curl hair line. As soon as I try it out, I will post reviews. You can get them in sample sizes or order the full size 16 oz. shampoo and conditioner. The company discontinued their Herbal Henna Shampoo. The Aloe Shampoo and Conditioner are my favorite, so we shall see how the Cococut one compares to it.

I must say that I am loving her products right now. My current favorites are:

Coconut Hair milk
Lemongrass Balm
Coconut Hair Pudding (excellent creamy styler that has a nice hold and provides excellent curl definition).

I also saw a great review on youtube by a member on this forum. I love the products, and you really can't do wrong with any of them. I will post more reviews as I recieve and try out the new product line.

:)

michaela

Natural 4b
Im going to order Some more Komaza Products.

I will give another Review once i get them.
I Forgot to add the Honey Comb spray is pretty good !
I really dont like the smell though:ohwell:
Only if they Came in Scents...
Anymore Reviews on Komaza line?
I know some more of you ladies are using this line...
The Shea Butter Mixed with water and Glycerin is my Daily Moisturizer.

mikosbelle

I finally got in the new products. I can't wait to try them. I have the coconut hair milk, the coconut curl shampoo and conditioner, the coconut hair lotion, and the coconut curl spray. I will let you all know this weekend how I like the new products.

The lemongrass hair balm is heavenly!!

The Princess

Products I have used:

Aloe Vera Conditioner-Its great I used it for Co washing, afterwards my hair is very strong and soft, and clean as if I wash my hair. I love it. (Please note this product has Keratain (sp) in it)

Shea butter lotion-Light but very effective and moisturizing, I love it, a little goes a long way.

Coconut Hair Pudding-Over here in 100+ degrees weather. This stuff lay my edges and nape area like nothing other and the great thing about it, its all natural. I used it while my hair is wet and the next day is lay straight, and being outside, sweating my hair is still intact. Sometimes I don't have to use it everyday, cause its still laying my hair down. A little goes a long way. I love this stuff.

H20 Plus- I used it after I wet my hair from Co Washing, washing or DC and before I put my leave in conditioner in it. It has Honeyquat in it, which will alow moisture to stay in the hair. It say it can be used as a daily spray :ohwell: but I don't know, I used it everyday and it made my hair to soft by day 3. It do what it say, but I don't need my hair that soft. I love it, its great too. Smells really good to. So now I just use if after wetting my hair.

I also ordered the Hair Strengther and the Intense Moisturizing Therapy

Overall I love the products thus far, and are now apart of my reggie. They have some real good ingredients in it.

Last edited: