Paging Spagirl: JC Penny's Salon visit #4?

Brooke007

Member, Dumbledore's Army
Paging Spagirl: JC Penny\'s Salon visit #4?

Inquiring minds wanna know how was your 4th steamer treatment.
I soooo want a steamer.

[ QUOTE ]
Allandra said:
I want that steamer NOW.

Who else wants a steamer?

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Spagirl said:
I haven't decided yet. I want make sure that I clarify first. Others on LHCF have testified about having softer hair but my 1st 2 visits to JC's consisted of having Dudley's hair rebuilder put on my hair. One of the ingredients on that rebuilder is emulsified wax and I want to make sure that isn't still on my hair thus giving me a false result.

I'll post again after my 4th visit next week.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's next week already girl.
Where you at?

Spagirl

Re: Paging Spagirl: JC Penny\'s Salon visit #4?

Oops! Here is what happened I was out of town on Wednesday doing some research on the steamer and other things. Part of research was to find a steamer that was less expensive than the one I had been exposed to at Penny's (state of the art machine $1,300 - $1,800 price range). I came across a salon/spa that had one that resembled the one purchased by the ladies on the "Hair steamer" thread. Things were done there a little differently:

1. I was shampooed w/keracare 1st shampoo(?) a clarifier.
2. An non-named oil was applied to my hair (stlyist wasn't telling).
3. 2 or 3 different conditioners was applied (another trade secret).
4. Placed under the steamer for 20 mins (setting on 150 degrees...I peeped).
5.Post steamer I sat for about 5 mins (for cuticles to close some I guess in gentle manor).
6. Shampooed again.
7. My product used leave-in concoction (see other posts), this time kemi-oyl and Dream Curls.
8. Hair combed back and dried under hood dryer,left loose until I returned home that night.

My hair turned out alright but I would have rather used the Keracare foam. Also I won't have shampooed again after the process. I was rained on (didn't have an umbrella in my vehicle). By the time I returned home I was like this is going to be a problem (slightly bushy). As I smoothed my hair back with my hand I could feel the softness that I experienced at Penny's very much to my surprise. I asked my husband and he felt that it was just about as soft as it was last week. So yes it's a keeper!

Lessons learned:

1. Penny's steamer regulated the mist better. I really didn't notice the heat, cylced on and off. 2nd steamer I noticed the heat but not bad (I'm heat sensitive...I could live with it) didn't cycle on and off.

2. Don't go to a spa and pay $40.00 just for conditioner which doesn't include the shampoo and style.

HTH!

Will post other things I learned on that day concerning other things as time and my cold will permit.

Spagirl

Oh, this applies to the steamer as well, I went by Sally's Wednesday as well and they have a catalog with 2 different type steamers (expensive though). They will have it delivered to your house with a 90 trial period. I don't remember if the delivery is free but they will have it picked up if your not satisfied.

Spagirl

My favorite steamer is the one at Penny's. So don't try theirs out it will spoil you. The less expensive one will get the job done

Also, on outing day I stopped by one of Dudley's Beauty Schools/College. I was advised not to use it more that once every 2 weeks so not to make my hair mushy soft which is not a good thing. She assessed by hair and said it was fine. 1x a week for these past weeks hasn't been a negative thing but I will be careful. HTH!

Spagirl

Your welcome ladies. Here's a picture of the "Real McCoy " used at some newer Penny's. I called Penny's and confirmed the brand, manufacturer (spoke with them as well) only has 1 model.

Edited to add:
The price on this site is almost double what I have found it sell for else where...still a very expensive piece of equipment.

Brooke007

Member, Dumbledore's Army

Thank you for sharing your experience Spa Girl. That was extremely helpful...**now where is my credit card?**