Daily Washing Challenge Let's start!!!!

cheri_flava74

I am in. I already wash (poo) my hair daily. My hair don't like alot of buildup and is softer and easier to manage when it is clean. I learned this about my hair when I was fully natural.... if I have product (no matter how little) on my hair the conditioner just doesn't work but as soon as I wash and condition my hair it is happy and back to normal. I never had a problem with dryness from shampooing and I am black and 3 months post relaxer.

cheri_flava74

Safina87 said:
Why would washing the hair daily lead to faster growth?

I would guess because you are stimulating your scalp by massaging as wash and also by keeping your scalp pores free from being clogged by dirt, product, etc which creates a good environment for hair to grow. But as I said I am only a guessing.

Victorian

old head
cheri_flava74 said:
I would guess because you are stimulating your scalp by massaging as wash and also by keeping your scalp pores free from being clogged by dirt, product, etc which creates a good environment for hair to grow. But as I said I am only a guessing.

That's my guess as well. I think the moisture and stimulation and cleanliness = healthier scalp and that's what's making the difference. All I know for sure is that it worked for me and I'll be con washing for life :lol:

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
Re: Daily Washing Challenge Let\'s start!!!!

LOL! I can't believe I said daily washing causes severe dryness 2 years ago! :blush: That was when I first join... how ignorant of me! I have learned so much here.

I have just started back with daily co-washing for the beginning of April after seeing BlackCardinal's lovely progress with this method. I can't wait to see growth results from this challenge. :)

MiWay

I'm in! I just started co-washing every other day. Not sure if I'm ready for every day just yet, but it's a lot easier than I thought...I just bun it up and put a scarf on til I'm ready to go.

Healthb4Length

Dayum! It's still cold ass Hell in NJ! I'll have to wait till it gets warmer...it had the nerve to be snowing a few days ago...ARG!

Zakina

Whenever i scratch my head my I get some brown "stuff" under my nails...I have always had this and althought it does go away when I wash my hair it comes back soon after that...does anyone else have this?
I never use any produtcs on my scalp or my hair...only olive oil but not on my scalp..

I guess 'll try shampoo washing..How will I know if there are cones in my shampoo?

MeechUK

MeechUK
Safina87 said:
Whenever i scratch my head my I get some brown "stuff" under my nails...I have always had this and althought it does go away when I wash my hair it comes back soon after that...does anyone else have this?
I never use any produtcs on my scalp or my hair...only olive oil but not on my scalp..

I guess 'll try shampoo washing..How will I know if there are cones in my shampoo?

Safina87.
it's a combination of dry scalp, sweat and product build-up. Daily condition washing and regular clarifying should really help. CWs, cutting down or eliminating products containing parabens, sls, cones (anything product ingredient ending in cone) and using natural products like water and shea butter really helped my hair.

MeechUK

mermaid

The only time I don't shampoo my hair is if it's pressed since it's waaaaay to much work to press it just to wash it back out right away!!
My hair and scalp loves to be washed and clean and fresh, I am all about daily washing!!
Here is a year and a half of daily washing-

(of course we've been seeing this last pic for several months, my hair is longer now- obviously, since the curly pic hair is as long as the pressed one! I'll take another pic when I get around to pressing my hair for better comparison)
WASH YOUR HAIR, lol!!!

poetist

:clap: Great progress, Mermaid!!! I just started doing daily washing yesterday. My scalp is lovin it!!!!

Last edited:

Lovelylocs

mermaid said:
The only time I don't shampoo my hair is if it's pressed since it's waaaaay to much work to press it just to wash it back out right away!!
My hair and scalp loves to be washed and clean and fresh, I am all about daily washing!!
Here is a year and a half of daily washing-

(of course we've been seeing this last pic for several months, my hair is longer now- obviously, since the curly pic hair is as long as the pressed one! I'll take another pic when I get around to pressing my hair for better comparison)
WASH YOUR HAIR, lol!!!
Mermaid, u do make some good points. :lol: What shampoo do u use? My shampoo isn't drying, but I am afraid that my ends will feel dry if I wash everyday.

mermaid

Lovelylocs said:
Mermaid, u do make some good points. :lol: What shampoo do u use? My shampoo isn't drying, but I am afraid that my ends will feel dry if I wash everyday.
I was using Dove shampoo and conditioner, then switched to Herbal Essence with blackberry avacodo and mango shamp and cond, and then last week I was Dollar Tree and bought- get this- Loreal Kids wild blackberry smoothie 2 in 1 and suddenly my curls seperated and didn't shrink as much (except for that frusterating part at the crown that has the "z" strands that you can see in the recent curly pic shrink to a matted puff), and that last pic has no product in it at all, so it really allowed my hair to fall nicely! Sooo, I am heading back to Dollar Tree today, lol!!
ETA: I wanted to add that that recent curly pic was taken around 10:30-11:00pm and I had washed my hair with the kid shampoo at 4pm- that's how long my hair stayed with that much definition- with no product and I left it out like that with no scarf or anything.

Last edited: