tHE 2011 "4A pLATooN"....... 4A soLDieRs-oF-hAiR, wHeRe Ya'LL at?

Evolving78

Last edited:

tHENATuRALhAiRpRoJEcT

WOW!! dub (lol)

your hair looks very dense at the least

I can tell about your strand size.... but you hair (overall) looks a little think to me (as far as density goes)

do you have strand breakage easily???? or kinda resistant?

tHENATuRALhAiRpRoJEcT

i mean that first pic is dayuuuum thick! lol

wish mine was as well.... WERE U RELAXED B4??? DID YOUR HAIR HOLD IT'S DENSITY BACK THEN?

YOU COULD SEE MY SCALP FROM A MILE AWAY WHEN RELAXED... (during its curly state)

Evolving78

i mean that first pic is dayuuuum thick! lol

wish mine was as well.... WERE U RELAXED B4??? DID YOUR HAIR HOLD IT'S DENSITY BACK THEN?

YOU COULD SEE MY SCALP FROM A MILE AWAY WHEN RELAXED... (during its curly state)

yes and it could take a lot. it would appear to be thick, but it was very fine. my stylist would use Nioxin products on my hair for it to appear fuller.

but in it's curly state, i know it is going to be a long time before i can get it in a ponytail or for it show length. it can shrink down to 1 inch.

Shay72

Natural, 4A
yes and it could take a lot. it would appear to be thick, but it was very fine. my stylist would use Nioxin products on my hair for it to appear fuller.

but in it's curly state, i know it is going to be a long time before i can get it in a ponytail or for it show length. it can shrink down to 1 inch.

This is me too. I can get it into two pony tails when wet but not one. I'm not even sure that at 1 year post I will be able to pull my hair into a ponytail. Now that I'm plopping (wrapping my hair in a t-shirt when wet) I get more shrinkage but more definition of my coils. My shrinkage amazes me.

Evolving78

FIRST OF ALLLLLLLLLLL--->>> your curls/coils look like a perfect 4a

I LOVE LOVE LOVE YOUR COLOR!!! IS THAT HENNA??? OR A PERMANENT??

ALSO..... I FEEL LIKE I'M TALKING TO THE CUTIE IN YOUR AVATAR.... THE LITTLE BEAUTIFUL FACE KEEPS STARRING AT ME!!! ROFLMAO

.... I SEE HOW FINE YOUR STRANDS ARE NOW... I'M SITTING HERE IN HENNA NOW.... TRYING TO GET A FULL LOOK 1 YEAR FROM NOW

MUST GET THICKER HAIR (APPEARANCE OR OTHERWISE)

Aww thank you! it's a perm color used HI Rez and Clairol, so a mixture of two (the lightest blonde and golden brown in neutral/gold)

that little one is mini me! she was a monkey for Halloween in 09! i gotta change it for 10'! she was Tinker Bell!

tHENATuRALhAiRpRoJEcT

This is me too. I can get it into two pony tails when wet but not one. I'm not even sure that at 1 year post I will be able to pull my hair into a ponytail. Now that I'm plopping (wrapping my hair in a t-shirt when wet) I get more shrinkage but more definition of my coils. My shrinkage amazes me.

SHAY... do u have a texture or strand shot??

tHENATuRALhAiRpRoJEcT

I believe I'm a 4a to the fullest.

Regimen I cowash everyother day when I'm wearing my hair loose. Currently I have my hair plaited and I'm rocking a wig. I DC once a week, henna monthly, Shampoo every 2 weeks. I mostly wear wash n go puffs but I'm taking a break from that due to issues.

Issues SSK's and split ends. I'm working on sealing my ends consistenly and giving the wash n go's a break.

Products that work Tresemme conditioner, KBB hair milk and, Ecostyler gel, Gel mixed with shea butter and olive oil, sunflower oil, coconut oil, Aussie moist, IC Fantasia Serum heat protectant,Henna, Sulfur 8, Bronner Bros. super gro hair grease, Nature's blessing hair pomade, Lustrasilk cholesterol Kinky Curly and Knot Today.

Products that don't work raw shea butter, noodle head (what was I thinking with this one) :perplexed

Questions What is everyone doing to combat SSK's?

Struggles Styling which is why I'm under a wig right now. I'm Full SL and really trying to reach APL this year. _ could use some tips.
I have breakage and I'm not sure if its from heat or the SSK's.

Needs I need a really good deep conditioner. I've tried Shea moisture and Aubrey organics Honey-Suckle Rose but I need something more moisturizing.

WOW!! YES I SEE PERFECT 4A COILS!!!!

i don' have those.... roflmao

umma need another texture shot later when I was this henna out
b/c I'm laugh at my damn self here..... I don't see the coils or curls you guys have:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::look:

and i started the dayuuum thread:look:

prettyeyes tried to tell me:look::look::ohwell:

i think my hair is so fine... frizzy... cloud like soft that whatever curl pattern there is not visible in the mirror.... so i don't know

too darn thin to curl i guess

LuvlyRain3

I believe that I'm mostly 4a if not all.

Regimen: wash once a week. Dc once a week overnight. Light protein every two weeks. Moisturize once or twice a week. Baggy 5 night a week. Cowash when needed.

Issues: single stands knots and lack of patience. The knots don't seem to be hindering my growth but I do get a little pissed every time I find one.

Favorite products: elasta qp creme conditioning shampoo, CON argan oil intensive treatment, silk elements megasilk moisture treatment (original and olive oil), s-curl, devacurl set it free, ors twist n lock gel, con argan oil sheen spray, hot six oil, aphogee 2 minute keratin treatment, coconut oil, what germ oil, evoo, bentonite clay, hhhe

Products that don't work: my hair hates shea butter with a passion

I need more styles to try. I get bored doing twist outs and braid outs all the time. Even my frohawk gets the side eye sometimes.

I think the last pic in my siggy is a good texture shot. Only the banded posts have product on them and my hair was about 85% dry.

tHENATuRALhAiRpRoJEcT

^^^^luvly... I'm trying to get a close up... cut I can't see your texture or curl pattern in the pic

I should stop saying texture... that's two different animals

I can't see the curl pattern in the pic.... kinda far away (on my screen)

but you look a lot more dense than me

LuvlyRain3

Really?? I'll see if I have some others. Have thin hair but I have alot of strands I guess. I shed alot in my opinion but my hair never feels any thinner.

Napp

Ms. Nobody
i would say my strands are medium to fine with low density on the sides and medium density in the back..

Regimen's
regular regimen
wash blowdry,press,flat iron every 3 weeks.
deep condition and rest one week with a no heat style.
summer regimen: wash every 2-3 weeks wearing no/low heat styles. i still press 1x a month it just doesnt last 3 weeks like usual.i also airdry instead.
weave regimen
wash and apply grease and let air dry in braids.. then i cornrow hair and sew on a net. i do not bother the hair after that.maybe a light oiling here or therre. i am trying to wear weaves 2-3 months at a time.
Issues
extreme puffiness especially at the root. regular heat usage and grease alleviated this:look:
******Products that work******
creamy conditioners with aloe high in the base
high quality grease and oils(not necessarily natural)
black soap
ultra sheen duo tex

products that don't
most hair products. my hair is very picky and fickle.
questions
no not really.
struggles
curl definition. but i fixed that issue.
needs
lots and lots of protein!

texture shot. raw hair.

here is after a demi permanet. my hair was little more porous so the curl is very defined. it was temporary though. i dunno what is going on wiht the top of my hair:look: it has always been like that. it all looks the same when dry though.

dry with vo5 conditioner

no product

Last edited:

tHENATuRALhAiRpRoJEcT

^^^ so you're fry laxing??? i would love to see your texture i a year.... I love all the variation on the boards

your texture in the front definitely is more relaxed than the back

i don't know what's going on in my head either.... between the pics and the mirror

somebody's lying to me

Napp

Ms. Nobody
^^^ so you're fry laxing??? i would love to see your texture i a year.... I love all the variation on the boards

your texture in the front definitely is more relaxed than the back

i don't know what's going on in my head either.... between the pics and the mirror

somebody's lying to me

these pics are of my 100% unadultarated hair from over a year ago. i did nothing to my hair at all except in the second one where i did a demi permanent rinse.

if you look in the heat training threads ive posted pics of my hair a year later.(most current pics) i dont want to be a pic whore because ive already posted it several times.:lol: you can also check my fotki album which as all of my current pictures.

tHENATuRALhAiRpRoJEcT

these pics are of my 100% unadultarated hair from over a year ago. i did nothing to my hair at all except in the second one where i did a demi permanent rinse.

if you look in the heat training threads ive posted pics of my hair a year later.(most current pics) i dont want to be a pic whore because ive already posted it several times.:lol: you can also check my fotki album which as all of my current pictures.

pic whore.:lachen::lachen::lachen: oh ok... is see

i was just reading your siggy

i think your first pic is what mine looks like generally... but i only have the macbook for pics

they are never clear .....regardless I will try to take a few more this week

eta: well... b/c i have henna in now
i may need to wait on the pics... henna relaxes the curl for a minute... then it seems to revert back...so I guess I'm currently HENNA-LAXED

Last edited:

lovenharmony

ET / OT Bonafide Member
My hair is mostly 4A (according to my definition), so I'll post :yep:

Regimen: I've been keeping it pretty simple and shampooing my hair 1x a week with a sulfate based shampoo (Frizz Ease or Suave Clarifying Shampoo), Deep Conditioning with heat (Joyce Williams Leave In Miracle Treatment), and Conditioning with Suave Essentials Sleek). I moisturize with my leave in mixture of 100% pure Aloe Vera Gel, Glycerin, and raw East African Shea Butter. Braid up the front and place the rest in a bun. I take down my bun every other day to moisturize and place it back up again untill wash day.

Issues: SSKs and tangles. I used to get more SSKs when I didn't dust the ends, but since I've started dusting more often, I haven't been getting them as much. as for tangles, my hair is very coily, has medium strands, and is densely packed together. Even when I detangle, it will clump and coil back on itself within a few minutes, so I try to limit the amount of combing and/or manipulation for the least amount of breakage possible.

Products that work:
Pure Aloe Vera Gel (for some reason the juice does nothing for my hair!), raw East African Shea Butter (any other type of Shea Butter will leave my hair dull, waxy and hard feeling), Glycerin based products (I.e. SCurl, Right On, Care Free curl...the juice!), lactic Based Products, (Milk, Yogurt, butters) water based products and collagen based products.

Products that don't work:

Any type of oil!!! No matter what type of oil, it does nothing but sit on top of my hair. I can't even use it as a sealant because it will suck out any moisture that is already in my hair!

Heavy, creamy based products also weigh my hair down and make it look greasy.

Napp

Ms. Nobody
NAPP... do u think the front of your hair is 3c????

or is your entire head a 4a?

i think all of my hair is 4a.they just vary in size. i will add a dry pic in a minute. when dry it all looks pretty much the same. with no product my hair looks 4b-ish

and :lachen: at henna-laxed!

Last edited:

glamazon386

I'm mostly 4a. My hair is thin/fine. Here is a texture shot from May 2010.

Regimen - I wash and DC once a week. If I'm lazy once every two weeks. I may rinse or wet my hair in the middle of the week to get it into a bun or something.

Issues - I don't have any major issues. I don't have issues with dryness or tangling. I did find out a few months ago that I need to trim at least twice a year or else I'll get SSKS on the ends of my hair. Since I trimmed I haven't had an issue.

Products that work - I try to stick to sulfate free shampoos and stay away from mineral oil, petrolatum, cones, parabens, etc. My hair also prefers thick creamy conditioners over watery ones.

Staple Products- Trader Joes Tea Tree Shampoo, EQP Creme Conditioning Shampoo, EcoStyler Gel, Shea Moisture Leave In, ECVO. I'm currently looking for a new DC since EQP changed the DPR 11 formula and added mineral oil and petrolatum high in the list.

Products that don't - Some things I've tryed that I didn't like or didn't work - Miss Jessie's Pudding and Meringue, Kinky Curly Curling Custard, Mineral Oil and Petrolatum laden products, sulfate shampoos give me white patches all over the scalp so I can't use them. Cheapie conditioners like VO5, Suave, etc. My hair also doesn't like glyerin based products.

Struggles - Because my hair is fine (the individual strands) it's prone to breakage. I find broken off pieces mixed in all over the place. I have a patch below my ear on the left side that's been broken off for YEARS (since I was relaxed) and it will not grow back in. It's better than it used to be. The space is smaller and at one point I had a clean bald spot about the size of a quarter there from stress. I've also noticed that this one patch gets SSKS which I think causes it to break off. Maybe it's a different texture?

tHENATuRALhAiRpRoJEcT

ok..... maybe i'm in the right place

in the mirrow...^^^^ that's exactly what my hair looks like loose

glamazon I think you are my hair twin

I haven't seen her in a while... but prettyeyes was another twin of mine/ours

Last edited:

tHENATuRALhAiRpRoJEcT

i think all of my hair is 4a.they just vary in size. i will add a dry pic in a minute. when dry it all looks pretty much the same. with no product my hair looks 4b-ish

and :lachen: at henna-laxed!

thanks for saying that... when dry my hair looks 4b allllllll day

that's the only thing that's been a bit confusing for me

i actually have ZERO curl pattern when dry, my hair is more like cotton
i guess that's why i've always liked & followed the 4B divas

LongLeggedLife

Ok, this is my first time attempting to get a texture shot---I got as close as possible:

Dripping wet, no product---to me it looks looser than it actually is because its so wet..
I do believe my stands are considered fine to medium...

The main products I use are listed in sig...with the additions of the occasional Jamila henna, & Amla+Shikaki Oils. I try to keep the reggie as minimal as possible, and have found that less is more-mot at all a product junkie.

I HATED all the Kinky Curly products, they feel really nasty/product-y in the hair, and I gave them away.

I dont have any real struggles...maybe that I can't do air-dried styles b/c it takes too long for my hair to dry, but I dont like the shrinkage/tightness of wet styles anyway.

My signature/staple style is the 2-strand bantu knot out(on blowdried hair):

glamazon386

thanks for saying that... when dry my hair looks 4b allllllll day

that's the only thing that's been a bit confusing for me

i actually have ZERO curl pattern when dry, my hair is more like cotton
i guess that's why i've always liked & followed the 4B divas

I think that's the difference between 4A and 4B. Mine still has it's curl pattern when dry and the curls clump together.

tHENATuRALhAiRpRoJEcT

Ok, this is my first time attempting to get a texture shot---I got as close as possible:

Dripping wet, no product---to me it looks looser than it actually is because its so wet..
I do believe my stands are considered fine to medium...

The main products I use are listed in sig...with the additions of the occasional Jamila henna, & Amla+Shikaki Oils. I try to keep the reggie as minimal as possible, and have found that less is more-mot at all a product junkie.

I HATED all the Kinky Curly products, they feel really nasty/product-y in the hair, and I gave them away.

I dont have any real struggles...maybe that I can't do air-dried styles b/c it takes too long for my hair to dry, but I dont like the shrinkage/tightness of wet styles anyway.

My signature/staple style is the 2-strand bantu knot out(on blowdried hair):

skkrrrrrrrrrrrrr.... you hated kinky curly knot today????

what? as a 4a???:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:

bout to vote chu' off LHCF right now:look: