London members: Salon recommendations?

serendipity

can anyone recommend any good salons in london for relaxer touch ups? I normally go to Vanessa Andar in Hackney but it's too expensive for me right now. I've been to a couple of cheap salons and they pressed my hair to death and trimmed too much:( I'd be grateful if anyone has any other suggestions.
thanks

ToyToy

Hi Serendipity!
I used to go to Hairlounge http://www.hairlounge.co.uk/home.htm for about 6 years when I was still relaxed. The owner's name is Charlotte Mensah, and she's very nice. She did my hair cut back then, and I stayed with her because she's great at cutting and styling. She's also great at weaves!! I've never been into weaves, but I've watched her do them many times, and she does them really, really well. Her relaxers are £60 (if the price hasn't changed since January). She mainly uses Affirm Lye relaxers. I don't know whether she uses any other. Other products she uses (if they haven't changed since January) are Kereacare, Paul Mitchell, Joico, Mizani (I think).

Gosh, I sound like an advert! Hope this helped you though!

Ladyhenri

£60??
Wow..
I pay 25 to my hairdresser...It is more expensive at the salon where she works so i usually go to her house to get any thing at a proper Knock off price.
I'm also really happy with her because i could swear she only touches the new growth with relaxer.:lol:
Plus, though always full of advice, she always listens to what i want done to my hair. She is great at weaves as well but i've sworn off em!
She also does treatments but i never do them with her...cheaper to buy the treatment and do it on myself...
I could give more info if you are intrested..

betty-boo

Splinters is really good (98 Crawford Street, London , W1H 2HL). My friend's mum works there - she's excellent and takes very good care of hair. Tony & Guy also do black hair. I used to go a lot before and they gave me good cuts! A treatment was only £10! Unlike £25-35 that I had to pay in the black salons. But now I will not be depending on salons ever again. I will be doing my own hair.