"You can transition, cuz you got good hair...I can't..." RANT!!!

If I ever transition, thanks to this board and the redundancy of the same types of comments, looks, experiences, absolutely nothing will surprise me. I already know to keep it quiet and keep it movin and won't even feel excited to tell LHCF. I feel like I've experienced it all X 20 already.

I've actually gotten the opposite and lately by my mom. She said that out of me and my brothers my texture ranks last (in so many words), the oldest has the best and my youngest brother comes second. She's natural now, she's a 3b and I told her I was going natural too, she just asked if I remembered what my natural hair looked like, and if I remembered how thick it was and how tender headed I was. She kept shaking her head no saying I should keep relaxing, that the only reason why she's natural is because of how thin her hair is. I didn't take offense, I love my mom but she just don't know what she's talking about, lol... I just told her "in due time mommy"...

Girl that is some "good hair" in that pic!:grin::grin::grin::grin: Your hair is beautiful. OP, pay them no mind. A lady recently asked me if I was natural and I'm not. I told her that I stretch my relaxers so of course she quoted that you have that "good hair". I promise you, I have never been in that catergory.:nono:

LOL Thank you!! Hope it gets as long as urs soon. :grin:

Such a shame...ignorance is bliss.

am a west african girl, dark skinned, have NO mixes in my family; at least not in the past 350 yrs. And one of my college dorm mates, who is light skinned, told me I can go natural because I have that "soft" hair! wtf? this girl looks like maybe her grandma or great grandma could be white or indian. Shouldnt I be the one playing the "you got good hair" card? LOL pple jes looking for EXCUSES to justify their bad hair care practices. wow!

Anyone transition and have people tell you it's easy for you? Are these people crazy...this is a real commitment to keep my hair healthy, not get frustrated with 2 textures and practice DIY healthy hair habits.

Thanks for letting me vent. :ohwell:

Yes, chile. Been there done that. I just used that opportunity to explain my view (all HEALTHY hair is good hair) and how AA hair comes in all sorts of BEAUTIFUL textures. But yeah, when I was natural, I had a lot of people tell me that I can go without a relaxer because I have good hair. And HECK, I'm 4a!!! :lachen:But they just saw coils, and to them curl equals good hair. :nono:

A couple weeks ago, one of my students told me that his mom thinks he's gonna marry a white woman because he likes long pretty hair. I said, "tell your mom not to worry, there are plenty of black women with long pretty hair THAT'S THEIRS." Why he say, "where? I ain't ran into none." So I threw some names out of some girls and his next response was, "but they don't have good hair like such & such." :wallbash: I bout lost my mind on him!! :lachen:

We're slowly getting there. When I joined this board 3 years ago, (Dang it's been that long!!) curl = good hair to me too. When I started growing my relaxer out, I was hoping and wish for hair like so1913 and Bublnbrnsuga. But, with the help of a lot of ladies here, I learn to love and appreciate what was on MY head. So, just educate the people that make comments like that to you. They really are speaking out of ignorance.

I get the same crap and it is ANNOYING. I keep trying to explain but I think I am talking to myself....cause they never here me.

GL on your journey.....your hair is beautiful and I can not wait to see the natural.

Back