Yo!!! Remember me talking about visualizing my growth last year?

NJoy

Here I grow again!
NJoy, thank you, someone actually pm'd me last night and clarified things in response to my question :); thanks for further explanation. I could see how that is inspirational. The hair just looks so real its hard to believe its a wig.

Lol. I just spread and pinned a phonytail to the back of my head and blurred the pic at that point. I wish someone would volunteer to do me a nice photoshopped pic. I feel so low tech. Ah well. Good enough.

BlkOnyx488

Oh....And let me just add one thing for the folks are are saying things like, but you have to have a plan to get there.

Regarding our hair, we're on this board because we're taking care of our hair anyway. IN ADDITION to doing things that are in line with the vision you have of longer, stronger and/or healthier hair, why not see as God sees. He sees the end from the beginning. That's all I'm doing. Seeing where it is I intend to go and give thanks for it now.

If you can't see it being a reality for yourself ("well, maybe for her but not me.") then, how can you expect to get there? If you can't believe it could be true for you, then why hope without faith?

I'm just sayin. This has been working for me according to my faith. Not so much in faith in my own abilities but my faith in the promises of God, who said I can have whatever I say; As I think in my heart, so am I; and whatever I ask in prayer, believing that I have received when I asked, it shall be given. But, don't get me preachin. I'm making it happen. Anybody else in?

Amen Sista!! I have faith the size of a mustard seed. I am moving mountains

ETA: it's 2am and I could not sleep until I found this
1 Corinthians 11:15 KJV

But if a woman have long hair, it is a glory to her: for her hair is given her for a covering.

I pray for our Glory on LHCF!!!

Last edited:

NJoy

Here I grow again!
One more tip for visualizing. When looking at your pic for a bit, sort of project yourself into the picture so that you're not looking at it but see yourself as the one in the pic being viewed. Hmmm. I don't know how that's coming across so, let me give an example.

So, you see my goal length pic in my siggy? Say I'm relaxing and looking at that pic, enjoying the length of the hair and feeling thankful, knowing that it's me with that length. I then close my eyes and feel myself in that same pose. I straighten my back and feel the hair flowing down to my goal length. I feel good and proud taking my pic with my hand on my hip. I feel GREAT! And when I open my eyes and see the pic again, the pic is a mirror image of me! I feel every aspect of the pic because it's what I'm projecting. It feels GREAT to have long, strong, thick, healthy hair and I stand proudly and feel joy.

Feeling the moment is key to manifesting. You feel it and are it (for a lack of better phrase). Does this make sense? I hope so. This works and is what they described in The Secret. For that time, you actually have what you are hoping to manifest and can then feel joy and express gratitude. Boom!!!

BBritdenise

Wow this is inspiring. And it can be applied to every aspect of life. I'm thinking about getting a poster board and posting pics of myself in various situations that I want to be in by the end of the year. I think I'll do that ASAP. Thanks for this post. It gives me hope of having a better life with hair being the least of my concerns.

hillytmj

I agree with the OP. You'll only reach your hair goals if you believe you can. And since we're all putting so much effort into our hair care journeys, it doesn't make sense to do all of that work and not believe it will work. Best wishes to everyone.

Mjon912

I remember readung an interview you did on some hair blog...I love your positively and your hair...keep up your amazing growth doll!!

havilland

Magical Mythical Princess
I def subscribe to visualizing. Every time I get a weave it is my next goal length. When I take the weave out, almost always, my hair is the length of the hair I had installed. :)

You go Njoy! Thanks for being an inspiration!