Yaya's (ANTM) Hair Regimen - Anyone know it?

jada1111

I'm watching ANTM marathon and I'm so diggin' Yaya's hair.

My hair is almost her length now when I stretch it and I'm trying to figure out her routine.

So far, I've seen them straighten it. It also looks like she may do rollersets to get a curly fro.

Does anyone know what products she uses or what her routine might be?

She's a very pretty girl.

Last edited:

lina

Sort of OT: If you don't find her regimen on the internet, try finding a fan club page or her myspace page and ask her directly!!

I have a feeling her regimen is probably pretty simple.

ShaniKeys

I added a pic of Yaya. I really love her hair, but she does not divulge her regimen:nono: Even in an interview with SBH magazine she was all secretive :s I hope someone is able to find more about how she takes care of her hair though, I'm very interested.

Attachments

• 6jus7t3.jpg
    6jus7t3.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 126

jada1111

I added a pic of Yaya. I really love her hair, but she does not divulge her regimen:nono: Even in an interview with SBH magazine she was all secretive :s I hope someone is able to find more about how she takes care of her hair though, I'm very interested.

She STILL hasn't said anything after all this time?

Wow. Tracie Ross went into great deal about her regimen and though I'm not a 3c, I'm grateful for the info.

Thanks Shanikeys! :-D

jada1111

I dont know about her regimen but I do believe I remember seeing that she is texturized.

She must have got it done much later, because I'm looking at her hair now and it doesn't appear to look that way.

Doesn't most texturized hair have a bit of "hang" and lose it's "bulk" somewhat?

ShaniKeys

She STILL hasn't said anything after all this time?

Wow. Tracie Ross went into great deal about her regimen and though I'm not a 3c, I'm grateful for the info.

Thanks Shanikeys! :-D

Yeah I know, Tracie even said she uses Mixed Chicks products I think, Yaya on the other hand...not a word. Bre Scullark was also featured in SBH, same thing:rolleyes:.

The Princess

She probally get her hair professionally done, even though she didn't win, I know she played in a couple movies and done a few modeling overseas. That might be a reason she don't say much. Just thinkin...

OT, yes her skin looks good now, I remember Janice Dickerson, was mocking her skin, and she replied its menstrual pimples. She went to the Dermo and the next espisode her skin was perfect...Im pretty sure as well, she use make up, for the few that do make it to surface.

song_of_serenity

Yeah I know, Tracie even said she uses Mixed Chicks products I think, Yaya on the other hand...not a word. Bre Scullark was also featured in SBH, same thing:rolleyes:.

I wonder why so secretive? :( If I had amazing hair, NATURAL hair at that, I'd try to help others out as much as possible. Even if all you said was "I use the *insert name* product line."
~*Janelle~*

discobiscuits

I wonder why so secretive? :( If I had amazing hair, NATURAL hair at that, I'd try to help others out as much as possible. Even if all you said was "I use the *insert name* product line."
~*Janelle~*

i wouldn't, esp if i get paid for pushing products, i'm not gonna give free advertising to anyone.

jada1111

~*Janelle~*

Me too!

The reason why many women don't want to go natural is because they don't know how to go about it or maintaining a nice, sheeny healthy look.

Yaya's hair always looked slamming, but to be honest I've seen plenty of natural hair fotki's that have looked just as good or better.

As my hair gets longer, it's not doing what I want it too. I'm going to need a cut that will make it fall better.

jada1111

I heard that Yaya doesn't want it to be known that she has a texturizer... :look:

Why? It's no big deal if she has one. The info she can give to those who are texturized would be good too.

I obviously wouldn't follow anything she would say, because chemically straightened (no matter how slight) hair is very different from non-chemically straightened.

song_of_serenity

i wouldn't, esp if i get paid for pushing products, i'm not gonna give free advertising to anyone.
This makes sense as well. But if she's as secret as stated, why the fuss? Just say "While I'm NOT at liberty to say what products I use due to advertising contracts or lack there of" I usually wash once a week, blah blah blah, oils, no oils, tie up at night" and so and so.
~*Janelle~*