Yay My French Braid is APL Pic!!!!!

Kellum

I love french braids. I always thought they were pretty and have always wanted a really long one down my back. I did my texlax touch up late last night into the early morning. Since I am not getting my trim until Thursday I just blew dry my hair and did 2 french braids. I took them down and did one french braid later on in the evening. I was really surprised at how long it has gotten. It is a little past APL and has gotten thicker:dance7: If only it was thick all the way down to the ends. Darn these layers:wallbash: My goal is t have a thick french braid that is MBL.

goodmorningruby

Will there be a tutorial for this? :grin::grin: I LOVE french braids, but can't achieve them to save my life. Your hair looks beautiful. Thanks for sharing!

LovinLocks

:dance7: If only it was thick all the way down to the ends. Darn these layers:wallbash: My goal is t have a thick french braid that is MBL.

Sissss, I feel ya! You just answered a question for me too. I kinda wondered why mine tapers down to nothing like yours . . . NOW I know . . . it's THE LAYERSSSS!!!!!

Okay, I am thinking the answer is either a) Do a blunt cut where the layers start . . . H E C K Nada; or b) What . . . wait until the shortest layer is MBL then cut the hairs that would then be pert near WL!!!!! :rolleyes:

Lady Esquire

NICE! I've always envisioned myself as that old woman, with a long braid down my back, wearing a large straw hat, chilling in my garden (not necessarily gardening) but maybe sipping spiked lemonade in the shade.

Kellum

Sissss, I feel ya! You just answered a question for me too. I kinda wondered why mine tapers down to nothing like yours . . . NOW I know . . . it's THE LAYERSSSS!!!!!

Okay, I am thinking the answer is either a) Do a blunt cut where the layers start . . . H E C K Nada; or b) What . . . wait until the shortest layer is MBL then cut the hairs that would then be pert near WL!!!!! :rolleyes:

Thanks, yeah my shortest layer is almost SL and my longest is BSB. That's a big difference in length. I am not doing a blunt cut and losing all of my length. I will trim little by little as it grows.

Will there be a tutorial for this? :grin::grin: I LOVE french braids, but can't achieve them to save my life. Your hair looks beautiful. Thanks for sharing!

If I had a video cam I would. I already knew how to french braid and cornrow because of watching my mom. You can find anything on You Tube. I french braid with my knuckles facing up wards (under handed).

I am still learning the over handed technique (knuckles) down. I can do it but it is not neat and looks a mess.
Video: Over handed french braid

Video: Under handed french braid
This video shows pretty much how I french braid except I don't twist my hair. I just pull hair from the sides and integrate it in as I go. I think I will try it with twist.

Congratz Kellum....

congrats on your milestone...ahhhh I cant wait 4 the day
Thanks, I really didn't think of it a milestone. I've been wearing french braids every now and then, but it hit me last night that it was actually getting some length. I will now do french braid length checks to check its progress on length and thickness.

It looks really nice, I wish I could braid.
Thanks, I posted some vidoes that could help you learn.

beautiful!
Aw, thanks :)

Congratulations on the growth!
I know how good it feels to reach those milestones :D
Thanks, it does feel really good and shows that my hard work is not in vain.

cute, nice progress

That is a beautiful braid! :yep:
Wow, thanks :).

wow-i love it!!

That's awesome! Congratulations!

Looks great! Mine always turn out a H.A.M. Good job!
LOL, mine did at first when I was learning. I used to have to watch myself in the mirror. Now I can just do it without watching and it will look good. I can just feel my way through now.
Congrats!!! :yay:
Thanks DLewis. I'm trying to grow up and be like you. :)

NICE! I've always envisioned myself as that old woman, with a long braid down my back, wearing a large straw hat, chilling in my garden (not necessarily gardening) but maybe sipping spiked lemonade in the shade.
Thanks, me too. I've always that that was so pretty.

Gorgeous french braid!!

It's very pretty. I can't wait until my hair is long enough for thick braids down my back.
It will get there in time. Just keep taking care of your hair. :)

That is beautiful. Love your braid. Congratulations.

Looks great.....thick and long :)

Last edited: