Yay!!! Grew 2 inches in 4 months *PICS*

Etherealsmile

i think if you stretch the back, a large majority of it will be APL or longer...but congrats on the progress!

I'm looking at the pics like WTH??:lol::lol: OP i'm pretty sure the back is largely at APL, unless the back of your hair grows very slow? If your front is that long then chances are your back is already at APL.

Your retention is simply stunning, especially since you don't protective style:yep:

Whimsy

Congrats on retaining your growth girl!!! I'm going to need you to be happier in your pics tho!! :)

iamtan

Congrats! Sounds like you have a very simple regimen. How often do you shampoo and DC? And I agree, that looks like more than 2in which awesome retention!

Once a month I clarify my hair with mud shampoo. I co-wash my hair with suave conditioner 2 times a week. I rarely D/C because it a little time consuming.

Hi you have retained all you have grown which is excellent.

Your 2 inches broken down comes out to be 1/2 inch a month. I grow the same amount in 4 months as well.

Do you normally grown slower than that?

In a year barring any setbacks you will have grown 6 inches which is about average. To retain all you have grown is fantastic.

I'm not sure about my growth rate lol. I guess I grow at normal rate :lol:

I'm looking at the pics like WTH??:lol::lol: OP i'm pretty sure the back is largely at APL, unless the back of your hair grows very slow? If your front is that long then chances are your back is already at APL.

Your retention is simply stunning, especially since you don't protective style:yep:

On the contrary, I am not APL. In February, I cut the back of my hair super short to match the length of the front of my hair. I have about 3" to go for full APL in the back. The back and front and sides of my hair is at collarbone length.

Garner

Congratulations on your progress!!! ITA...it looks like more than 2 inches.

What is "kandeelovesya water and oil mix"? What oil is used in this mix?

Shananyganz

Great retention!!

Kinda OT:: Although I am a PS junkie, it is so good to see there are folk who can grow and retain without them.

~S~

SN: I kow there are other women on the board who do the same, but this is seriously my first time seeing it illustrated so clearly.

Sonye93

Daaaaaaaaammmmmmmnnnnn................I really can't find any more words to say. You and your hair look fab!

Forever in Bloom

Wowzers!! Your hair looks great. That growth is off the chiz-ain

Is that Taeyang in your avatar? On my phone, so it's hard to tell.

havilland

Magical Mythical Princess
Wow!!! Nice progress:). Very beautiful hair.

Sent from my iPhone while out living my best life!

DragonPearl

iamtan, your growth is very inspiring and I am very happy for you.

Do you mind telling us how you wear your hair during the day, and how you wear it at night? I am trying to get a visual on how you're NOT doing protective styles. Thanks a lot!

Last edited:

ScorpioBeauty09

You certainly retained what you grew! Congrats and thanks for sharing! I'm trying to grow at least 2 inches between now and the end of the year and this just gave me new inspiration!:grin:

DesignerCurls

Congrats! Nice progress! Even though I am PSing right now, I like wearing my hair out so thanks for showing that you can retain growth without PS.

naturalTAN

Great progress and beautiful hair!

iamtan

Is your name actually Tan? That would be so cool because I've never met anyone with my name before!

Krystle~Hime

On the contrary, I am not APL. In February, I cut the back of my hair super short to match the length of the front of my hair. I have about 3" to go for full APL in the back. The back and front and sides of my hair is at collarbone length.
iamtan something is telling me you will do it for SURE !!!
and by the way, you inspire me !! I've just started a challenge 2 inches in 4 months because your hair progress is a good inspiration ! it remains me NJoy awesome hair progress :lick:
You certainly retained what you grew! Congrats and thanks for sharing! I'm trying to grow at least 2 inches between now and the end of the year and this just gave me new inspiration!:grin:
ScorpioBeauty09 you should join us !!! :drunk:
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=562979