Wow... this lady got hair down her back!!!!!!!!!

Hidden_Angel

:perplexedsitting ONCE again in the computer lab and i see this lady with almost WSL and I want to ask her if she is from here...

should I?

Why is this a problem?:look: Just ask her if she's Niko's cousin...if she says no, just say oh you remind me of her, I met her last year. In any case, compliment her hair and ask her how she gets it to look so....whatever, whatever...and pay attention...

Ummm helllooooo... hurry up and talk to her before she leaves or something- definitely get some regimen deets as well as products *patiently waiting*

Ummm helllooooo... hurry up and talk to her before she leaves or something- definitely get some regimen deets as well as products *patiently waiting*

yeah what she said quick
*not patiently waiting, tapping foot*

Okay, you asked? What happened? What did she say?

I came up to her and said.."Your hair is very pretty and I dont see many black women with your length if hair"....

She kind of smiled and just looked at me crazy.. I cann't even ask her about if she was Niko's cousin....:sad:

I came up to her and said.."Your hair is very pretty and I dont see many black women with your length if hair"....

She kind of smiled and just looked at me crazy.. I cann't even ask her about if she was Niko's cousin....:sad:

oh no that's were you turned her off, maybe where she's from black women do have hair that length, so she doesn't think it's a big deal. did you get anything else you could as her what kind of shampoo and conditioner she uses.

Did you actually ask her anything or did you just pay a compliment? It sounds as if you paid her a compliment and she took it somewhat gracefully....sooooo...you still aren't any wiser re: if she's from here or not and what her regimen is...well never mind...next time just stick to the script:yep:

Did you actually ask her anything or did you just pay a compliment? It sounds as if you paid her a compliment and she took it somewhat gracefully....sooooo...you still aren't any wiser re: if she's from here or not and what her regimen is...well never mind...next time just stick to the script:yep:

OK I think we need to give her a short script.

just walk up to her and say, I hope you don't mind me asking you what kind of hair products you use, like shampoo, conditioner and stuff?

*and if she's pausing too much (like more than 3 seconds) add this, with a nice shy natural smile*

you're hair's just so pretty

then let her talk, so you/we can get all the info

Last edited:
:rolleyes:So you bungled it huh? Ok next time say- hey your hair's pretty where do you get it done? Oh really what products do you use? You know you remind me of someone, are you Niko's cousin?:yep:

:rolleyes:So you bungled it huh? Ok next time say- hey your hair's pretty where do you get it done? Oh really what products do you use? You know you remind me of someone, are you Niko's cousin?:yep:

:lachen: oh noooo,
she can turn it around just stick to the script

Yup, it's really just simple conversation starters so she doesn't feel like you are some strange random person trying to be up in her biz. Also,flattery will get you everywhere and be very very friendly, smile...
Oh just wanted to add, I wouldn't approach her again about this unless you two happen to be in the same conversation or are introduced or something ...

Last edited:

I would have looked at you like you were crazy too :perplexed

I mean, as long as you have been on this board, you should know that can be seen as offensive.

:lol: Next time just take a pic instead. Then, u can post it on this board. :)

Is her hair really shiny, too?

I just decided today after watching a clip from Disney's Pocahontas that I REALLY want waist length hair too! :)

That reminds me of how this guy told me that he never seen a darker sista that had hair this straight being natural.

I told him that all the Afros were taken up at Wal-Mart so I had to settle for this :lachen:

:lachen:Yall are funny!! Got the poor girl a script to read!! I would have just asked the girl what's up with her reggie, sat down next to her and :pop:.

We have to remember some of us are not as confident as others :look: But, you could have gotten us a lil sumthin sumthin....

:lachen: oh noooo,
she can turn it around just stick to the script
:look:Well, she could. I wanna know!

Yup, it's really just simple conversation starters so she doesn't feel like you are some strange random person trying to be up in her biz. Also,flattery will get you everywhere and be very very friendly, smile...
Oh just wanted to add, I wouldn't approach her again about this unless you two happen to be in the same conversation or are introduced or something ...
:yep: Co-sign you don't want her to think :dizzy: but you've got to be smooth with it y'know?

:lachen:Yall are funny!! Got the poor girl a script to read!! I would have just asked the girl what's up with her reggie, sat down next to her and :pop:.

We have to remember some of us are not as confident as others :look: But, you could have gotten us a lil sumthin sumthin....
See its because you and Lucia have lush hair already so u don't get the itch to know..ok maybe you do:lachen:

lol:lachen::lachen:

Man, I really wanted to know what she did with her hair. It took a lot of bravery for you to ask her that. There's always next time!

:lachen::lachen::lachen:

Back