WOW....DID YA'LL HEAR ABOUT THIS?

bride91501

And this happened in Alexandria? That's just 5 minutes over the bridge from DC! Smdh.....this is why I rarely step into Virginia for anything. In some ways, parts of it haven't changed since legal segregation ended....

Nice & Wavy

And this happened in Alexandria? That's just 5 minutes over the bridge from DC! Smdh.....this is why I rarely step into Virginia for anything. In some ways, parts of it haven't changed since legal segregation ended....
Isn't that something else? Apparently, it is happening to more than just this black owned business:nono::nono::nono:

I'm going to order her Juicy Hair Leave In Conditioner....lots of good reviews.

naturalmanenyc

Northern Virginia Hair Care Business Overrun By Racist Posts on Its Facebook PageUpdated: Monday, 09 May 2011, 10:46 PM EDT
Published : Monday, 09 May 2011, 10:46 PM EDT

By WILL THOMAS/myfoxdc

ALEXANDRIA, Va. - Racist rants, images and videos are starting to overtake a Facebook page created by a Northern Virginia hair care business with an African American customer base.

One of the owners, Padrica Norfleet of NaturalistaCosmetics.com, told FOX 5's Will Thomas new hate-filled messages appear just as quickly as she deletes the old ones.

The Facebook page is a forum for her customers to discuss hairstyles and offer each other product tips. A video of a KKK cross burning was also posted on her page.

"That cuts deep because that's a part of my history. My grandparents and great-grandparents were part of the slave movement and this is what they had to endure. So having to see this up close and personal in 2011 is just mind blowing," Norfleet said.

Fairfax County Police took a report Sunday, and right now, the case is being investigated as a computer harassment case, which comes with a possible penalty of up to 12 months in jail and a $2,500 fine.

Facebook provided FOX 5 with the following statement:

“We want Facebook to be a place where people can openly discuss issues and express their views, while respecting the rights and feelings of others. That's why we provide robust tools for Facebook Page and Group administrators to manage these forums themselves. These tools allow administrators to delete comments and pieces of content they feel aren't adding to the discussion as well as ban individual people from joining a Facebook Page or Group. When acted upon, those settings should take effect immediately.”

naturalmanenyc

I had not heard about this until reading this thread. I find it interesting that someone would "Like" her page only to post hateful comments about African Americans being ugly with nappy hair.

None of their nonsense will:

-get anyone a job
-get anyone a man/woman
-help them lose weight
-erase all their problems
-get President Obama out of office

Softerlove

I loveeeee etsy. you can pay with paypal, on another note this is a dirty side to the internet, you can get your ignorance out faster.

Last edited:

Nice & Wavy

I had not heard about this until reading this thread. I find it interesting that someone would "Like" her page only to post hateful comments about African Americans being ugly with nappy hair.

-get anyone a job
-get anyone a man/woman
-help them lose weight
Exactly.:nono:

Demi27

Totally ridiculous. I just moved from the DMV area a few years ago. I wish I could say I ws surprised. Alexandria has always been IFFY to me, though. I tried to steer clear of that area.

CurlsBazillion

SMH really hard on this one. Even though I live in Georgia I can't say I'm used to it. As AlliCat said, a hobby is much needed! It also doesn't really move me one way or another because all that hate in their heart is their personal problem. Sounds like the one who ran that facebook page didn't know how to block ppl.

beana

I think this is disgusting and this NEEDs to be elevated to a HATE CRIME immediately in addition to e-harrasment... it is clearly motivated by "hate" and "racism"

Nice & Wavy

SMH really hard on this one. Even though I live in Georgia I can't say I'm used to it. As AlliCat said, a hobby is much needed! It also doesn't really move me one way or another because all that hate in their heart is their personal problem. Sounds like the one who ran that facebook page didn't know how to block ppl.
I think that the person(s) who were doing this, would come up with a new FB name/page and then do the same thing. Since she sells hair products, she has an open page for newcomers. I don't think she could know WHO it would be, you know.

I think this is disgusting and this NEEDs to be elevated to a HATE CRIME immediately in addition to e-harrasment... it is clearly motivated by "hate" and "racism"
Apparently, the FBI is on it now and they have elevated it to a hate crime, thank the Lord.

carameldelight87

I'm not sure why folks are associating this with Alexandria or VA at all. The company's based there but these attacks are comin from all over the world...so how exactly does that reflect on Va?

Uniqzoe

Funny thing is, as they were trying to tear this lady and business down they have only created the opposite effect as more people now know of her business and will now support her because of their ignorance.

iri9109

SMH.

but thanks for the link! i bookmarked her etsy store and plan to order the aloe flaxseed gel after i use up some of the gels i have...her pHd pH balanced products look good too, but i wish i knew the ingredients.

ETA: nvm, i found the ingredients at the bottom under materials.

Last edited:

wavezncurlz

LHCF addict
Funny thing is, as they were trying to tear this lady and business down they have only created the opposite effect as more people now know of her business and will now support her because of their ignorance.

Zactly! I'm planning to cross the Woodrow Wilson bridge just to check her business out! And I know I'm not alone.

Coffee

You're right; I just placed an order :yep:.

aquajoyice

The people harassing just brought them even more business and support. LOL Stupid is as stupid does. Her products look like really good stuff. :) I'll be buying!

Hello Beautiful Ladies!

Thank you so very much for your support. We extend out deepest gratitude.This type of thing will never be tolerated on my watch! Just wanted to give you an update on the KKK hate crime issue. After tons of blocking and deleting the derogatory comments, videos and pictures, we have been instructed by the FBI to keep everything up for the case. We are pressing charges. It is our goal to expose this to make a difference because we count and we matter. Blocking is not enough anymore. They need to be made examples of and do the jail time. They are facing up to 1 year in jail and additional penalties.

Our struggle and our journey is important to me. As a natural who did the big chop, I know how hard it is for our natural beauty to be accepted.

It is my mission to uplift our natural beauty as often as I can. I am a firm believer in the Word of God that says what the devil meant for evil, God will turn around for those who love him.

Please keep us in your prayers--We thank you!!

Padrica
Naturalsta Cosmetics

http://www.myfoxdc.com/dpp/news/virginia/northern-virginia-hair-care-business-overrun-by-racist-posts-on-its-facebook-page-050911

Last edited:

prettypithy

-get anyone a job
-get anyone a man/woman
-help them lose weight

:lachen::lachen::lachen:That's really all they want.