Wonderful Experience @ JC Penney Salon

tess1913

I went to the JC Penney Salon and they use all Mizani products. I really needed a relaxer, I tried to wait 8 weeks. I went 7 weeks which is okay I guess. She looked at my new growth and said it looked like 2 inches to her. But I am not sure about that. She based my scalp with Mizani conditioners and vaseline. Which was pretty new to me. She applied the Mizani sensitive scalp relaxer. (I know there was some discussion on this board about this relaxer. If it was lye or no-lye) But she insisted that it was lye. I loved it, it did not burn at all. Next she washed it twice with Mizani neutralizing shampoo She then put a Mizani treatment on my hair which is mixture of their protein and moisturizing conditioner together. I sat under the dryer 10 minutes. The relaxer turned out very well, she set it on large rollers and I went home put some hollywood carrot cream and keracare essential oils on it, and wrapped it. I unwrapped it the next day and it felt sooo good. I will be returning to JC Penney every time I need a relaxer. She also informed me that Mizani has a new night treatment that comes with a satin pillowcase. I started to buy it, but I have way too many products now that I don't use. I am a pj in rehab right now.
Oh I forgat to mention she cut about 1/2 an inch off, a badly needed trim.
Just wanted to share ladies!!!
Happy Growing.

oh wow that is so good to hear. it is good to hear good salon news. i wish i could find a good salon to go to. i want to use affirm. i have heard good things about jcpenny but i dont know if there is one near me or how much it cost for a touchup. i am happy you have had success with your touchup. /images/graemlins/smile.gif God bless you all.

I'm glad you liked it. I like them, though the last stylist did'nt do what I said, I think she just did'nt pay attention.

But one thing about JCP they have a 100% guarantee if your not happy, they will compensate you. I found out later that I could have got my relaxer FREE.

Hi Tess,

I'm happy to hear about your experience at JC Penney. I want to try Mizani also. I'm hearing a lot of postive things about that relaxer. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I am excited for you. Sounds like you've found what others of us are still searching for!

Okay, now PJSupergirl says tell us more about this night time treatment!

Congrats tess1319, sounds like you found a winner!! /images/graemlins/grin.gif
? for you. I was under the impression that "sensitive scalp" relaxers were no-lye. How did she explain that? TIA /images/graemlins/smile.gif

oh wow! /images/graemlins/shocked.gif that is reasonable. if i have to go to jersey i guess it would be worth it because i have heard so many good things about jcpenney salons. i have heard good things about mizani and affirm and would love to try them out since motions oil didnt really work for me. plus i was looking for a place where i didnt have to bring the whole system with me. i mean with all the piece of the system it would come up to close to how much i normally pay for a touchup. i am interested in finding a spot like jcpenney because i dont want to have to travel out of state. God bless you all.

Now why can't we have a service like that over here? /images/graemlins/mad.gif

Tess congratulations on your successful salon visit. You make sure you keep the same stylist that did a good job with you on your next visit. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Congratulations on your Salon experience, There is a JC Penny's near me it's like a 2 minute drive, I might give them a try... and yes Mizani does rock. I used it for the first time 3 weeks ago to see how it worked for me and it is a keeper. What's up with the night treatment that comes with the satin pillow case... I would love to puchase that... Do you know the name? (Maybe I can see if the Salon over here has it)

When I couldn't reach my (ex)stylist for a touch-up I scheduled with JC Penney for a mizani relaxer. They charge about $75 where I am, though. I ended up cancelling the day before because my stylist got in touch with me, I went with her because it is much cheaper. She did a bad job which is actually good because now I do it myself...
uh oh I am rambling...
Anyway congratulations. I almost wished I had never cancelled. I wanted that wonderful salon experience..sigh...

Thanks everybody,
I wil definitely be going back to her for relaxers. I may also go back to get a few red streaks put in the front. She said they usually charge 60 for the whole head and 30 for half. But she will charge me 25. I really appreciate her.
I do live in a country town so maybe the prices are cheaper. I know that some of their stores have full service salons and this isn't one of them.

I also forgot to mention that, I purchased one of those curly human hair scrunchies. So that I could put my hair in a protective style. I got complements on it all day. It was 9 dollars. Plus it looks like I curled my hair and put it up. It matches pefectly. The plus side to this no hairpins!!! /images/graemlins/drunk.gif <font color="brown"> </font> <font color="brown"> </font>

Congrats on your experience /images/graemlins/smile.gif. It's nice when things go well /images/graemlins/wink.gif. Happy Hair Growing! /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Tess, thanks for the review! I used to go to JC Penny's salon (I think it was called Black Hair Is) back in the 70's and they always did a good job. I don't know why I haven't thought of going back!

The curly hair scrunchie, is it one of the Revlon ones? I saw them at Sallys but never saw anyone wearing one. I'll have to check those out too. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

/images/graemlins/laugh.gif I am so happy for you, Tess1913!!!! I went to JCPennys about 5 weeks ago and had an Affirm Mild lye relaxer put in my hair. My experience w/ them was great! /images/graemlins/drunk.gif I'm still loving my hair. I was told by the hair dresser that a sensitive scalp relaxer is similiar to a no-lye relaxer. She didn't say that it was a no-lye relaxer. There are still some good hairdressers out there. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Pandora,
is Lithium Hydroxide considered no-lye. I usually use motions relaxers.

And the scrunchie looks like a curly bun, and it is human hair so I think that is a whole lot safer on the hair than the synthetic ones.

One more question ladies, Where can I purchase the Sebastion Colorshines???

You guys know I've been on the look out for a new stylist so I scheduled a consultation at JC Penney, My question is, My last 3 or 4 relaxers have been Design Essentials, and they only have Mizani or Affirm to choose from, IS it a big deal to make that switch? All three of them are great relaxers but I've always heard about and EXPERIENCED breakage when switching relaxers. So let me know, I really want to give these guys a chance, but don't want to take a chance. Ya know? Or could I even bring in my own relaxer?

Camille /images/graemlins/drunk.gif

Aiight while I'm glad some are having a good experience w/JC Penney, I had the worst hair experience there 5 yrs ago &amp; will never set foot in another. They over-processed my baby-fine hair so bad it all fell out, I was nearly bald &amp; had to wear a wig then a weave for a couple of years. I could've easily sued them but the potential damages I could've gotten in a court suit was minimal in comparison to the potential hassle it would've been for me to file suit. Never again. This is just me &amp; maybe it was just the particular salon in my area...

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
tess1913 said:
Pandora,

[/ QUOTE ]

i read in a book that lithium is classed as nolye but does not have the problem associated with nolye (dryness and lack of shine) plus it is very gentle. i will double check for ya. if i 4get pls PM to remind me!

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
tess1913 said:
Pandora,

[/ QUOTE ]

'lithium hydroxide is no-lye BUT it is less drying, kinder to the scalp and produces similar results to lye relaxers'

i got this info from sandra gittens' african american hairdressing.

Back