Will Mud Wash Remove Benefits of Protein Deep Conditioner

virtuenow

Do Terresentials and other mud washes remove the benefits of protein deep conditioner? Some of us require weekly protein-- and just generally weekly deep conditioners. Some people describe mud washes like they are clarifying treatments. Will this remove all the goodness that our protein conditioners have imparted? Please do share your experience with using mud washes along with other products.

Do Terresentials and other mud washes remove the benefits of protein deep conditioner? Some of us require weekly protein-- and just generally weekly deep conditioners. Some people describe mud washes like they are clarifying treatments. Will this remove all the goodness that our protein conditioners have imparted? Please do share your experience with using mud washes along with other products.

I don't use protein so I am going to give my feedback based on what I think. I do think the mudwash is like a clarifier. I also think for most people it doesn't need to be used weekly.

As far as my understanding protein treatments really are trying to repair the core of the hair, and helping the hair to bind together better. Using the mudwash once a month or every other month should not get in the way of that.

Also using the mudwash first should help whatever products you use after it work much better because they don't have to contend with build up on your hair.

Even if you used the mudwash weekly and followed it up with your treatments, I would think you treatments would work better. I do think using the mudwash every week though can be too harsh for most hair.

Great question! I swear, some of you lovelies read my mind! I was just reading about the TE's detox, and I was wondering if that would mess up my protein flow, because I need the protein for my highly porous hair. I was thinking the was might work better for people with low porosity hair.

I don't use protein so I am going to give my feedback based on what I think. I do think the mudwash is like a clarifier. I also think for most people it doesn't need to be used weekly.

As far as my understanding protein treatments really are trying to repair the core of the hair, and helping the hair to bind together better. Using the mudwash once a month or every other month should not get in the way of that.

Also using the mudwash first should help whatever products you use after it work much better because they don't have to contend with build up on your hair.

Even if you used the mudwash weekly and followed it up with your treatments, I would think you treatments would work better. I do think using the mudwash every week though can be too harsh for most hair.

OMGsh faithVA excellent answer. If I will only use once a month, do I still need to go through the detox process. Also, since you only use it once a month, do you use regular shampoo the other weeks; or what do you use for your other washes? AtlantaJJ yes, I was just reading through that thread, ordered my terresentials, and said-- hey let me get these last questions out before I actually use it!

[USER=10150 said:
virtuenow[/USER];17317949]OMGsh @faithVA excellent answer. If I will only use once a month, do I still need to go through the detox process. Also, since you only use it once a month, do you use regular shampoo the other weeks; or what do you use for your other washes? @AtlantaJJ yes, I was just reading through that thread, ordered my terresentials, and said-- hey let me get these last questions out before I actually use it!

Most that did the detox wanted a fresh start. Others felt they didn't need it. It's possible without the detox you may not realize the full benefit of the product. But at the same time, you need to decide whether you have the time and commitment to really do the detox. You will receive some benefit even if you just use it to wash monthly. It's like going to the spa to get a facial vs. washing your face every day.

I have been changing up shampoos but I have finally settled in with As I Am Cleansing Conditioner. Eventually I will switch up to Hair One or Wen.

You really need to cater the use to what works best for your hair. It does clarify but to me it does it in a very gentle way.

Back