Will be relaxing and doing a corrective after 20 some weeks. Your option?

IntoMyhair

Sorry it's opinion not option lol.

I'm doing the corrective lol. I am almost totally sure anyway.

I plan to do it with 2 relaxer strengths. I always use Optimum Anti Breakage. When i relax i sometimes forget which strength and end up with the new growth 2 straight in areas.

So my thought on how to do the corrective is use to relaxers of differant strengths. The weaker on my new growth allowing a slower process and to get it all on. The stronger on my length which will process faster.

I'm thinking mild and regular. What do you think? Super burns me really fast almost on contact. It would be on my length though.

Any thoughts?

crlsweetie912

I wouldn't do that. Are you texlaxed? That would be too difficult to keep track of if you ask me. If anything, I would put the mild on the part that you want to process the most, then work that into the part that you only need a little processing on. JMO.

loveable37

I never been to a salon but if i had tha problem
i would go just ta get my hair on track,
then my next relaxer
i have it down pack.

shmmr

Seems like using the strong relaxer on the hair that has already been relaxed (even if only mildly) may lead to overprocessing if you're not super careful (coming from a natural head at that). I personally would not risk it and would use mild on that part if I were going to do it myself. Have you considered doing it in 2 parts instead of all at once? For instance, do the old hair separately from the new growth? that way you wouldn't have to juggle different relaxer strengths and timing and all that...have you considered a professional to do the corrective (I saw someone else suggest this, might be a good idea)?

IntoMyhair

Seems like using the strong relaxer on the hair that has already been relaxed (even if only mildly) may lead to overprocessing if you're not super careful (coming from a natural head at that). I personally would not risk it and would use mild on that part if I were going to do it myself. Have you considered doing it in 2 parts instead of all at once? For instance, do the old hair separately from the new growth? that way you wouldn't have to juggle different relaxer strengths and timing and all that...have you considered a professional to do the corrective (I saw someone else suggest this, might be a good idea)?

You guys are right. I did 'nt think about over processing the length. I'm texlexled about 90% of the length. Maybe i should get a pro to do it. Or jususe 1 perm strength.

Thanks