corrective relaxing

paishens

Hello Ladies I'm kind of new I've been lurking on the board for weeks anyho I'm torn, I have 12 inches of no lye relaxed hair yes it was very dry before I started using advice from the board, but I want to go back to a lye perm. This corrective process has you applying the relaxer to your new growth then to the rest of your hair when your time is almost up. Has anyone done this if so what where your results? I did call a beautician and she said to add a dime size of Porosity Control to the perm before applying it to help the hair from overprocessing she does this process everytime a client choses to switch perms (types and brands) so the full hair shaft can adjust to the new chemicals.
I do want to switch because my hair looked and felt better when I used lye.

Donda

Yes I have heard of the process before, it is done because the calcium in no-lye can build up in the hair. However, I would suggest you save up money and go to her
. If she has done it before I'm sure she also has a transition routine she can put you on.

Hope everything goes well..................

lshevonne

The old Porocity Control bottle used to say put on hair already permed. I did this but not for correcting just to protect the hair already relaxed. I've never had corrective relaxing done.