Wig/weave with crochet leave out??

MsCarmenP

I want to make a u-part wig and do some crochet braids in the front. I don't want to have to try to blend my real hair with the wig because I workout in the mornings and when I do, my hair gets wet so the leave out is frizzy and not curled anymore. I know how to make a u-part and I know how to do crochet braids, but for some reason I'm having a hard time making it come together. :lol: Has anyone done crochets in the front and weave or a wig in the back? Any advice/opinions/video recommendations?

FollicleFanatic

I'm actually in the process of making a crochet wig and plan on crocheting the leave out, which sounds similar to what you're going for. I plan on flat twisting (can't cornrow) the leave out with the twists that will define my part being really close together. That way I can use smaller pieces of hair which will result in less obvious knots.

Using curly hair might make the blending much easier and you want to try and match the density of the crochet leave out with the wig.

I'll post pics of the final look later this week when I'm finished so you can get an idea.