WIG CHALLENGE 2012

Took a break from wearing wigs but I'm back in full force in order to gain the last inch or two needed to claim APL.

what are you ladies wearing under your wig?
plastic cap crinkles and make noise and i noticed that all of a sudden im gettin splits since i switched to nylon caps

ScorpioLove

I'm wearing a nylon wig cap. I just spray my hair with a mixture of leave-in conditioner and water and seal with an oil mixture and let it set while I get dressed then put the nylon cap on.

I want in, if it isn't too late:look:
I'll upload starting pics tomorrow. I've been wearing wigs since january anyways so I'm in the groove of things. My Onyc hair should arrive no later then the 20th of april. I brought two packs of each( one 16 / one 18 for all three orders) the mongolian kinky curly(3b-3c), tight curly(3a-3c), and relax perm to make three different U-part wigs for the duration of the year.:lick:

I just spent 200 bucks on wigs and came away with a few jewels :)

A pixie cut, the mommy, a side cropped one with a asymmetrical side swoop, a curled mid length short wig, and freya

this one is my baby though! the mod mohawk. it came with the middle curled but I combed it out when I was playing with it. its human so i can always recurl it :)

540421_10150611103261916_504086915_9437799_136599_n.jpg

seen it done by April:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRU6DnUFHGk

I done messed up and got a sew in and now my poor edges are barely there! Back to wigs, I will never stray (for a while at least).

I'm a work on making a U-part wig...

Oooh great ! Thanks a lot Ann0804! On my way to lurk them....How did you like them ? Do they tangle a lot ?

I ordered the jerry curl 14", so I am waiting for it to arrive. I haven't tried the yaki one yet, but I will once I see how I like the jerry curl one. I didn't think human hair tangled.:ohwell:

Ann0804

and you spray it daily right? i've been spritzing with aloe vera but i think i might add some leave in and a little jojoba oil to it so it can stay moisturized longer

i have reached my goal of APL this month when I straightened my hair a few weeks ago so I am very happy. I do need to up my moisture though so I am really taking the time to do that and really baby my ends. here is my starting pic that was taken 2 months ago:

IMG_9556-3.jpg

here are some units that i have worn over the past few months:

facebook_-871413435jpg-1.jpg

P7240004-1-1-1.jpg

decwig-vi-1.jpg

right now i am venturing off to upart wigs and i recently purchased one from a cv however my hair is not blending with it the way that i want so i have decided to sell it. i have posted it downstairs in the exchange forum so if anyone is interested pls contact me.

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=615343

Still rocking the same wig from November, It's holding up pretty well, but I'll be switching up in July.I can only wear it in a bun becasue i it's loose It matts up like nobody's business. After this I will be making a U-part wig.

I'm looking to buy a wig from ruth's beauty shop but I'm afraid of getting another bad quality wig like I got from platimum wigs. Anybody familiar with them?

I just spent 200 bucks on wigs and came away with a few jewels :)

A pixie cut, the mommy, a side cropped one with a asymmetrical side swoop, a curled mid length short wig, and freya

this one is my baby though! the mod mohawk. it came with the middle curled but I combed it out when I was playing with it. its human so i can always recurl it :)

540421_10150611103261916_504086915_9437799_136599_n.jpg

seen it done by April:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRU6DnUFHGk

This picture made me buy this wig. I bought it in a 2. What color is this?

I really want a glueless full lace human hair wig so badly! I have been looking at the wigs at bestlacewigs.com and watching lots of YouTube videos but I still can't decide yet.

I need someone who isnt a YT guru to review a few RPGshow wigs. I keep hearing conflicting info

I don't know why I keep attempting to stretch wash days to once a month. I only made it to a week which is regular to me. Can't stand having a dirty scalp. Anyway, I just bought a few wigs from blackhairspray.com and hope to receive them by mid-week. Will be wearing wigs till the end of the year and following my weekly routine. I bought all synthetic lace fronts, not ready to invest in a full lace human hair wig just yet.

Hey, I have a unit from RPGShow that I reviewed last month in another thread. Here is what I posted.

Back with the deets, scarcity21!

Yes, it's a full lace wig from rpgshow. It's 16 inches, in a color 1B, yaki textured. I cut it a tiny bit to shape / layer it. Here's the link to the specific unit (els119-s) that I purchased: http://sales.rpgshow.com/glueless-cap-human-hair-wig-straight-16-els119s-p-4349.html

It's my favorite unit right now. I've been wearing it regularly since the end of February and haven't had problems with tangling or shedding. I will probably get another from them at some point when I have the funds :lol:

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?p=15769463#post15769463

I also attached a pic. Right now it has started to tangle / frizz a little, but nothing crazy. It still looks good. I think I might have used too much heat on it, because this didn't start happening until the last time I curled it (I skipped the heat protectant :blush:). Still I plan on purchasing a second unit from them, because it's my fav unit thus far.

Attachments

• red&aqua.jpg
    red&aqua.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 82
Back