WIG CHALLENGE 2012

lamaria211

justicefighter1913 said:
Me too!!! Honestly, I think I'm already Apl, but not an even Apl. So I'll be digging till the end of the year and longer f necessary.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

I say apl but once I make it there im going to want to ps til bsl:)

pre_medicalrulz

It Always Been About Hair!
HEY HEY HEEEYYY! It's a little quiet in here!
Well it's June; half way mark!

Here is my progress so far under wigs since December.

Attachments

• May 2012 wl.jpg
    May 2012 wl.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 89

CarefreeinChicago

I have been wearing the bump chic bob and I love it! I am in catch 22 it looks really cute and I get a lot of compliments on it but I don't want to wear it to the gym but at the gym I want to look cute cause their are a lot of hot bodies. So I don't know what to do. Also one thing I noticed is my gray is coming out faster since I have been wearing wigs.

JJamiah

Right now I am under a phony Pony. I am getting my hair braided back up tomorrow so I can wig it out for the next 2-3 weeks. I am just going to go by how my hair feels. Last time it lasted 3 weeks. I cut my hair a few months ago about 4-5 inches. I am due for a small trim now. It would help to cut back on the large cuts, might do that after I remove the new set of braids tomorrow. Time is cut so short right now to worry about going to the Beauty parlor for a wash and trim :nono:

ThatJerseyGirl

For the ladies in the Greenville area, Im currently on vacation here so my cousin took me to Beauty World and let me tell you they have a HUGE selection of wigs here! We were in there for at least an hour trying on wigs!

I purchased two wigs and a half wig for her. It was the only one left and she really liked it so I got it for her:) i never seen a place that had rows and shelves of wigs.

I wish I could take a pic of it and post, but I need to learn how to do that. I went to the Beauty World in Kinston but their selection was Ok. Not as large as the one in Greenville.

yodie

I'm gonna have great progress pics one day and that day will be Dec 2013. I'm wiggin' it 'til then. I've always been a slow grower, so I decided two years would be a good, long rest for my tresses. I'll post progress pics in Dec 2012 and every six months thereafter until I reach my goal.

I'm wearing Sensationnel HZ 7048. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this wig. I brought six of them. I wear it for like six weeks at a time. My stylist trims it to my face and it looks great.

IMFOCSD

Made my new wig and its super cute..cant wait to wear it today. My hair is pinned down and i just took my baggy off. I baggy overnight every single night.

MzSwift

yodie
That's a good plan! You'll be encouraged by your growth by checking in those intervals. I can't wait to see your progress! :)

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
I'm in! Been wiggin' it for a few weeks with my precious baby La Jay. I lubs her. :love3:

I've fooled my mother in law, two aunts in law (one is a hairdresser) my mama, my stepdad and sisters, the cashier at Sally's. :lol: Everyone thinks it's mine and I love it! I love knowing that people think it's mine because I'd be embarrassed if folks could just look at me and say "that's a wig"

I'm doing low mani, keeping my hair in flat twists until wash day. I keep two twists out in the front and keep the rest under my silk beanie.

I'm attaching a pitcha instead of putting the URL in here

ForumRunner_20120602_151607.jpg

cuz I don't want just anyone (lurkers :look: ) all up in my bidniss and knowing what I look like :look: :lol:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
@tiffers

Girl, You Look HOT!:lol: Gone & Werk It!

I bet they did think that was Your Hair! It looks Fierce!

Nice Choice!

I'm still Wigged Up too. I like it cause I can still get to my Hair everyday

And I can Spritz underneath when it gets too hot out etc.....and keep things super Moisturized.

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
IDareT'sHair Thanks Miss T! :spinning: I love it too. It's so quick and easy to throw a wig on and go. Imma be wiggin it for a long time. I'm hooked :D

Belle Du Jour

Any synthetic with 3" or more of parting space? I know the A Plus Ozone collection has a nice amount of parting space. Any other brands or styles?

lamaria211

Checkin in im now in minis underneath my wig ;) today I baggy'd with shea and vatika oil while I shopped at target

QueenAmaka

Live, Love, Laugh :)
I couldn't find my beloved "Emily" in the wig shop today so I bought "Goldie" by Outre and I think I'm in love:

Here the pic from the package:

yaya24

♥Naija°Texan • Realtor • SPX Options #RichAunty●♡•
iWANT in!!!!
I am planning on wigging until June 2014.

2 whole years.

tallnomad

yodie--hey girl! excited for you!!

i've been wigging for a couple of months. LOVE it.

What do you ladies do about oils seeping through the satin cap or does that happen to anyone else besides me? :look:

I alternate between wearing a baggy (found some black plastic baggies) and silk caps. I like giving my hair a rest from the baggy since I usually sleep in one, but I feel like my wig gets oily when I just wear the satin cap underneath due to the oil seeping through. I've been using Kimmaytube's leave in and my hair loves it, but the first few days after application, my hair is oily.

I have also applied the satin cap over my hair first and then put on the baggy, but sometimes I want more air to my scalp so I prefer not to wear the baggy.

Any suggestions?

lamaria211

yaya24 said:
iWANT in!!!!
I am planning on wigging until June 2014.

2 whole years.

Thats a long time:) ive been wiggin for over a year and I plan on wiggin for atleast another year or til im mbl which ever comes first

yodie

tallnomad, hey lady. How r u? My hair is finally back on track, but I have a lot of making up to do.

My hair tends to feel dry after I baggy. Am I doing something wrong?
I don't baggy with any products.