Why'd You Go Natural?? Why Are You Relaxing??

wyldcurlz

Poohbear - your hair looks great curly! its beautiful and it falls nicely. i don't know if you had it cut, you cut it or it just happened like that - but it looks great.

thanks for sharing your story...its good to hear.

Poohbear said:
I went natural because I hated getting relaxer touch-ups. I hated the burning feeling and the smell. Once I discovered online in 2004 that other women who wore their hair in its natural state, I didn't see a reason to relax anymore. See, before discovering LHCF, I was someone who thought all black women relaxed their hair and that was something we were suppose to do. My mom was the one who would relax my hair ever since I was 10 or 11 years old, so it was done out of habit. I didn't know there was such a thing of wearing your hair without relaxers. First, I started transitioning to natural out of curiosity to see what my natural hair was like. Then I started seeing a deeping meaning...appreciating the hair texture that God gave me. I transitioned for a while because of the length issue, I was afraid of having short hair. But then, I chopped it off because it wasn't worth it to me anymore to hang on to thin, breaking, relaxed ends. Now, I've been free from relaxers since October 2004 and will never go back!