why people keep making products contain mineral oil, petrolatum, and Lincoln??!!!

I am SICK and TIRED everytime I get in hair beauty stores and see those products always have bad ingredients?????!!!!! I've noticed alot of ppl refused to buy them because of it and I dont understand why so many hair companies still put bad ingredients in products, why cant they just simple remove bad ingredients then we would buy them and wont have problem with our hair growth GOSH! :wallbash::wallbash: When i look in jar that has hard touch i always knew it has petrolatum in it then look at ingredient i was right. :nono:
And WHERE the COCONUT OIL???!!!!!! :wallbash: where the damn hair scalp cremes that give u cool sensation?! I only see ONE product that doesnt have petrolatum, mineral oil, or Lincoln is ORGANIC CARROT OIL. I want something else, I m just sick of that OCO. :nono: dont u feel same way?

But I like Groganics DHT blocker system Daily Tropical Scalp Gel, it makes my hair tingling :yep: but are there more outta there?:look:

HairBarbie

They use them because they are cheap and they get away with it, but once sales start going down they resort to good oils.

DanaDane

Hopefully--as more and more women become educated about what works for their hair, sales will go down. Not because some of the products with those ingredients don't work fine for some--but the "black hair" section of the hair care aisle in most mainstream stores is sorely lacking. As more and more women branch out, hair care manufacturers will have to adjust.

Irresistible

I am SICK and TIRED everytime I get in hair beauty stores and see those products always have bad ingredients?????!!!!! I've noticed alot of ppl refused to buy them because of it and I dont understand why so many hair companies still put bad ingredients in products, why cant they just simple remove bad ingredients then we would buy them and wont have problem with our hair growth GOSH! :wallbash::wallbash: When i look in jar that has hard touch i always knew it has petrolatum in it then look at ingredient i was right. :nono:
And WHERE the COCONUT OIL???!!!!!! :wallbash: where the damn hair scalp cremes that give u cool sensation?! I only see ONE product that doesnt have petrolatum, mineral oil, or Lincoln is ORGANIC CARROT OIL. I want something else, I m just sick of that OCO. :nono: dont u feel same way?

But I like Groganics DHT blocker system Daily Tropical Scalp Gel, it makes my hair tingling :yep: but are there more outta there?:look:

ahh girl you know some people still love their grease and it works for them

you got to go where you need to go to get what you want, as far as natural oils and butters , and they are plentiful online

it will probably be a long long time before you see those on the shelves replacing grease, there will probably always be a market for grease

hey you can always use Olive Oil right? and thats on every grocery store's shelf in plentiful amounts

wheezy807

Mineral oil and petrolatum, when used correctly, work for a lot of people.
ITA, atleast for me. I was gonna say DP i can't even relate. My staple moisturizer is ORS olive in a jar. So the situation doesn't even bother me.:look:

loulou82

I think you meant "lanolin" not "lincoln". None of those products have made my hair fall out, over processed it, or caused breakage, shedding, or splits. But I do chose not to use them since there are so many great alternatives.

hopeful

I think you meant "lanolin" not "lincoln". None of those products have made my hair fall out, over processed it, or caused breakage, shedding, or splits. But I do chose not to use them since there are so many great alternatives.

Whew thank you girl cuz I was just thinking what in the heck is Lincoln lol!

you got to go where you need to go to get what you want, as far as natural oils and butters , and they are plentiful online

it will probably be a long long time before you see those on the shelves replacing grease, there will probably always be a market for grease

hey you can always use Olive Oil right? and thats on every grocery store's shelf in plentiful amounts

I've tried Olive oil but it dries my hair out immediately :ohwell:

Finally Free

US HAIR SHOLE DO LUV SOME GREASE:lick::lick::lick::lick::lachen:

Irresistible

whats bad about Lanolin?

I thought it was good stuff?

Irresistible

I've tried Olive oil but it dries my hair out immediately :ohwell:

ok so your one of those weird ones then :lachen::lachen::lachen:

There are other oils, like Almond and Macadamia that are usually plentiful on the oil aisle in the grocery store....what about them?

but I SAY if your using carrot oil and its working , why not just stick with it?

Coconut oil you asked where it is, do you do any online ordering?

lilsparkle825

I am SICK and TIRED everytime I get in hair beauty stores and see those products always have bad ingredients?????!!!!! I've noticed alot of ppl refused to buy them because of it and I dont understand why so many hair companies still put bad ingredients in products, why cant they just simple remove bad ingredients then we would buy them and wont have problem with our hair growth GOSH! :wallbash::wallbash:
you meant to say a lot of people ON LHCF refuse to buy them.

the general population buys grease by the gallon.

ok so your one of those weird ones then :lachen::lachen::lachen:

There are other oils, like Almond and Macadamia that are usually plentiful on the oil aisle in the grocery store....what about them?

but I SAY if your using carrot oil and its working , why not just stick with it?

Coconut oil you asked where it is, do you do any online ordering?

It s true cuz my hair hates Olive Oil so I use other oils to keep it soft and light. Olive oil really makes my hair too THICK, dry and hard to manage! :nono: U knw most of our hair have different reactions about hair products. Not all are same. My aunt's hair hates olive oil too so I am not the only one.

Shea butter is good but my hair would look like a scarerow if i used it, i just cant have my hair down with that. BUT i would use it to braid my hair before i go bed.

I do ordering online sometimes, but I want to buy coconut somewhere in stores so I dont have to wait for like a week or more for the delivery.

Almond and Macadamia I never tried them before, where that at u knw where is it? are they in supermarket right?

Carrot oil is just fine but I like to try something else and the smell...soooo it hard to explain it makes me wanna switch, I like to buy products that smell good!

Its rly good that ppl like the grease but I hate to feel my hair so greasy u knw? I like to feel my hair more light not too heavy.

Irresistible

It s true cuz my hair hates Olive Oil so I use other oils to keep it soft and light. Olive oil really makes my hair too THICK, dry and hard to manage! :nono: U knw most of our hair have different reactions about hair products. Not all are same. My aunt's hair hates olive oil too so I am not the only one.

Shea butter is good but my hair would look like a scarerow if i used it, i just cant have my hair down with that. BUT i would use it to braid my hair before i go bed.

I do ordering online sometimes, but I want to buy coconut somewhere in stores so I dont have to wait for like a week or more for the delivery.

Almond and Macadamia I never tried them before, where that at u knw where is it? are they in supermarket right?

Carrot oil is just fine but I like to try something else and the smell...soooo it hard to explain it makes me wanna switch, I like to buy products that smell good!

Its rly good that ppl like the grease but I hate to feel my hair so greasy u knw? I like to feel my hair more light not too heavy.
oh dont mind me, its just my love affair with oils, makes anyone's hair that doesnt love them odd to me, not litterally, more in jest

yeah I have been able to find those oils in a grocery store before, walnut oil too, because they are also used for cooking

if you dont want to order your coconut oil online , health food/Vitamin Stores will usually have the extra virgin kind, or Indian stores

Solitude

I dont understand why so many hair companies still put bad ingredients in products, why cant they just simple remove bad ingredients then we would buy them and wont have problem with our hair growth GOSH!

I have been thinking about this since I joined the board, but then I realized that it is up to individuals to educate themselves about these products and figure out what works for them and what doesn't. The BSS market and most of the products are manufactured by Koreans who may not even know what does and does not work- they can only judge that by what we buy. However, the Black manufacturers aren't doing any innovative research, IMO, to try to improve the situation, either.

Documentary on the Korean takeover of the black hair care industry:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msY2S3wdFVY

Here is an article about the Black Owned Beauty Supply Association (BOBSA) - Black Owners & Manufacturers:
http://www.blackaffiliates.com/community/DisplayAd.asp?id=341

The organization (BOBSA)'s own website is down. :ohwell: (www.bobsaone.org)

BTW, I am in no way blaming Koreans- No one is stopping us from creating and purchasing products that are better for our hair, which we are doing. Right now, I think only 1 or 2 of my products are even targeted to AAs.

locoabouthair

I do wonder sometimes myself whyt hey continue to have these ingredients. I will say that I don't get all NAZI when it comes to looking at ingredients. As a child my mother ,I'm sure used products that contain all of the above. My hair was probably in the best health ever. So I kind of chuckle when people get nuts about the ingredients.

However, where I can avoid them, I do. Especially when it's the 1st and 2nd ingredients.

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
Mineral oil and petrolatum, when used correctly, work for a lot of people.
I love those products because they work for me. I don't over use the product. That's where the blockage of the scalp comes from. Almost all my products contain it. When I stopped using those products, my hair suffered. I chock it up to what doesn't work for some, may not work for others.:rolleyes:

**SaSSy**

3rd Big Chop on 7/18/2016
Well I just did some research on lanolin oil and it's "wool grease especially when refined for use in ointments and cosmetics"

That don't even sound like something that should be put into hair!

ravenmerlita

Mineral oil causes bumps on my scalp but surprisingly petrolatum doesn't bother me and works pretty well for my hair. My niece is allergic to any products with nut oils (almond, macadamia, etc). Different strokes for different folks, I guess.

I'm glad that some companies have started to offer better options but I still believe that the consumer has to choose what is best for them and leave the rest in the store.

bellebebe

Yeah. That's why I always read the ingredients before I buy the product. I experience headache when it touches my scalp.

GOD

because there aint no scientific data proving that those chemicals are necessarily bad...just a couple of health freaks on the internet over-hyping the "dangers" of chemicals as if theres some big bad conspiracy to kill everyone through mineral oil, petrolatum, etc :lachen:

Irresistible

Well I just did some research on lanolin oil and it's "wool grease especially when refined for use in ointments and cosmetics"

That don't even sound like something that should be put into hair!

Yeah girl its in alot of our hair products

its able to fill in lost lipids in the hair

and its an emolliant and it absorbs