Why is my hair sooo dry after it airdrying???

honieb1

okay... so Sunday I was so anxious to try my new concoction blended with a mixture of shea butter, avacodo butter, coconut milk, honey, silk amino acid, blk castor oil and evoo, i named this experiment butter cream:lick: anywhooo... after i let it marinate overnight, i rinsed it out in the shower, co washed with my HE hello hydration coconut conditioner. It felt sooo detangly soft and silky. Next, i rinsed out the con, applied infusium 23 leave in and a HE leave in cream conditioner, sealed w/coconut oil, and hey whatayano.... My hair is dry and dull :wallbash: What did i do wrong???

bellebebe

I go through that too.. .I find it harder to comb after air drying. It's sooo much softer and more manageable when blow dried using a round brush. I guess the heat closes the hair follicles while regular oxygen doesn't thus appearing rough and less manageable.

LongHairDreams

I don't have that problem. After wash/co-wash, I apply Hollywood Beauty Olive Creme, and Care Free Curl Gold and my hair dries soft. When I used the liquid leave-in's my hair came out dry and crispy.

gymfreak336

The heat from a dryer helps makes lay the hair cuticle flat. When you airdry, your cuticle isn't going to be as uniform. The raised cuticle can make your hair look and feel dry as well as make it feel differently

Ladyhenri

One word 'infusium 23'.
My self and many other ladies on here have found it to be very drying to the hair. Its very good but it is also a protein leave-in. I think if you try your whole wash routine without it, you might be very surprised.
If you still want to use it, try mixing it with something else. I use a sprayed mix of S curl and my infusium for daily moisture:yep:.

Honi

There is no board.
Infusium. That stuff is the debil to me. Try it again without it or next time you can dilute it?

HighlyFavored1

My hair always comes out dry when I airdry loose. if I airdry with my hair in a braid, or to, it comes out soft and moisturized. Im really not sure why...

cmesweet

Maybe using few problems could help it feel less dry. Some oils can make your hair crunchy or hard.

When I was relaxed, I airdried my hair by putting in body/hair lotion and wrapping it into a bun or just scrunching it.That way my hair dried soft and not crunchy.

BlondeByDesire

I have this problem too .. are you all using a leave-in and a moisturizer and oil? The leave-in is applied to wet hair - are you letting it dry a little before using the moisturizer or applying it at the same time ... I find my hair hard to braid and is very fragile when wet ...

LABETT

I noticed my airdry hair is dry when I use any liquid leave-in, so I only use creamy leave-ins when airdrying and my hair is softer and more moisturized.

lovelychar

Mines dry crispy breakable hard to. I end up having to rerinse and apply my NTM as I did before IC serum and just blow it out. I don't use liquid leave ins. And no tsure if a moisturizer instead of the NTM will work to have body after flat ironing. So suggest away. FYI I like weightless hair so my hair will have body after I flat iron.

PassionFruit

I hope those suffering find other options... I air dry after my co-washes ( 3-4 times a week) I never have a problem with drynesss afterwards...

I towel dry first, part my hair with fingers and apply Sulfur Solutions
( http://www.chathambeauty.com/sulfur.html) to my scalp.... spray a lil Surge Plus 14 or Aloe/Glycerin mix... then seal with a mix of coconut & castor oil... I tie my hair down with a scarf and go to sleep ( unless I twist for twistout)...