Help, my hair feels rough and dry after airdrying

levette

My hair doesn't feel soft after airdrying. In fact, after my last relaxer on June 29th it feels dry and rough. I have been wearing it in a bun since then. Today I washed with hair one olive oil shampoo, deep-conditioner with revlon creme of nature conditioner. My leave in choice today was chi keratin mist. My hair is almost dry and I have been using carol daughter's hair balm to help it dry straighter. I welcome any suggestions!

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
Using a creamy, moisturizing leave-in should help tremendously. :yep:

Also, Carol's Daughter sucks, so you should probably choose a different (better) daily moisturizer. :)

Myjourney2009

Ready to be APL
My hair doesn't feel soft after airdrying. In fact, after my last relaxer on June 29th it feels dry and rough. I have been wearing it in a bun since then. Today I washed with hair one olive oil shampoo, deep-conditioner with revlon creme of nature conditioner. My leave in choice today was chi keratin mist. My hair is almost dry and I have been using carol daughter's hair balm to help it dry straighter. I welcome any suggestions!

did you change relaxers?
did you stylist run the relaxer through all your hair?

you may need to clarify all those things you used can build up on the hair

Esthi777

Could it possibly be the Chi Keratin? My hair always feels dry and crunchy after using Keratin.

Myjourney2009

Ready to be APL
Could it possibly be the Chi Keratin? My hair always feels dry and crunchy after using Keratin.

That chi keratin does not have a drop of keratin in it. I really wish they would change the name
ingredients:
Rosewater, Dicetyldimonium Chloride, Cocodimonium Hydroxypropyl Silk Amino Acids, Acetamide MEA and Lactamide MEA, Lauryl Pyrrolidone, Panthenol, Propylene Glycol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Methylchloroisothiazoline and Methylisothiazolinone, Nettle, Chamomile Extract, Algae, Aloe Vera, Lavender Extract, Rosemary Extract, Parfum, FD&C Yellow 5, D&C Red 33, Zinc Oxide, Titanium Dioxide, Mica, Boron Nitride Powder.

Curlykale

also: did you seal with an oil? I find that I need to seal with an oil in order to have smooth hair when air drying. regular, very good moisturizing conditioner as a leave in + oil is what works for me.

havilland

Magical Mythical Princess
I would agree with others...

1. Clarify with a gentle cleansing shampoo

2. Choose a creamy leave in

3. Lose the chi until you get your other products down. Chi is a hair strengthener. It typically makes hair a little crunchy.

Sent from my iPhone while out living my best life!

mzsophisticated26

Yeah everytime I see the product I think why is this called keratin mist.

I use a creamy leave in and also occasionally run my hands throughout my hair to smooth it down during the drying process

I just brought a new bottle from JCpenney and the ingredients are quite different. I will post them later when I get home, now it has hydrolyzed keratin in it.

Last edited:

Jazala

My hair always airdries crunchy unless I lay it flat and smooth using scarf method or rollerset.