Why is my hair growing in a V shape?

AngelaP

I just got a touchup this past Tuesday and I had my fiance take my pics tonight. My hair has gotten longer, but it ends in a v shape. I think I've seen that in other member's pics as well. What causes that?

It is the natural growth pattern of hair. Either your hair grows in a U, V or an inversion of one either one.

My hair looks like an inverted U in the back. I never thought to describe it this way until karezone mentioned it. I always thought that it was damaged and therefore growing slower back there or something...now I know...

[ QUOTE ]
hairlove said:
My hair tends to grow in whatever shape it's cut in.

[/ QUOTE ]
Same with me.

My hair has always grown in the V shape and i have grown to love it. What i hate is when i get a trim and the damn stylist will even it up
mad.gif

Mine too! No matter which way I cut it, it always grows out into a V shape. I had to have several conversations with my stylist and finally cut her loose because she ALWAYS wanted to even it up. I lost alot of length that way. Now I trim my own ends and let the V shape continue to grow.

Mine also grows in a v shape, I use to hate it because when I went to stylist they would cut my hair in a straight line in the back. I think that's another reason why it was so hard for me to see any real growth.

[ QUOTE ]
CaramelHonee said:
My hair has always grown in the V shape and i have grown to love it. What i hate is when i get a trim and the damn stylist will even it up
mad.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
yesss.......

[ QUOTE ]
karezone said:
It is the natural growth pattern of hair. Either your hair grows in a U, V or an inversion of one either one.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks! I never knew that. Usually it just grows the way my hairdresser cuts it.

It may be the way you sleep, do you sleep on your sides? I know that I tend to sleep on one particular side and it is a little shorter than the other side of my hair.

[ QUOTE ]
queenofmean68 said:
It may be the way you sleep, do you sleep on your sides? I know that I tend to sleep on one particular side and it is a little shorter than the other side of my hair.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought that was normal like one hand being slightly larger than the other.

My hair grows in a "backslash" shape, like this /
rofl.gif
My left side grows faster than the right. I've tried everything to see if it was really just the result of unequal handling, sleeping on one side more, etc. But at this point I'm really convinced that my left side just grows faster. No matter how many times I even it up, the left side starts to creep ahead of the right. oh well
ohwell.gif

mines is in a v and its already starting to grow in like that. I have a twa, but the middle kitchen is longer than the sides

Yuk!! I have seen the inversion of a V shape and it's not attractive at all. Isnt it like when the very center of the back will not grow as long as the sides? I tend to see it on ladies with very damaged hair who insist on wearing it out in the back. It often looks brillo like with plenty of split ends so I learned to associate upside down V's with slow growth due to damage...No offense to health inverted V heads.

[ QUOTE ]
BlackCardinal said:
My hair grows in a "backslash" shape, like this /
rofl.gif
My left side grows faster than the right. I've tried everything to see if it was really just the result of unequal handling, sleeping on one side more, etc. But at this point I'm really convinced that my left side just grows faster. No matter how many times I even it up, the left side starts to creep ahead of the right. oh well
ohwell.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Mine too. Maybe we're just left-headed!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]
HoneyLemonDrop said:
Yuk!! I have seen the inversion of a V shape and it's not attractive at all. Isnt it like when the very center of the back will not grow as long as the sides? I tend to see it on ladies with very damaged hair who insist on wearing it out in the back. It often looks brillo like with plenty of split ends so I learned to associate upside down V's with slow growth due to damage...No offense to health inverted V heads.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have too. It looks bad.

[ QUOTE ]
AngelaP said:
[ QUOTE ]
karezone said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks! I never knew that. Usually it just grows the way my hairdresser cuts it.

[/ QUOTE ]

same here

Back