Why did you cut my babys %#$%# hair! (vent)

You have every right to be upset. Grandmother - in - law had no right to cut your baby's hair. She is beautiful btw. It will grow back in no time!!

Isis

MizAvalon said:
I'm so sorry to hear this. No one should be doing anything to a child's hair or body(haircuts, piercings, tattoos) without getting the parents' permission first. Grandmothers think they have some kind of special privileges and honestly I think they pull a lot of crap that they know is wrong because they're old and figure no one will give them a hard time about it.

I wouldn't be breathing a sigh of relief just yet though if I were you. I would NOT put it past this grandma to do something like this again eventually. You're probably locked in for this summer, but next time you need long term childcare get someone else to do it. Also, tell whoever it is THIS story about the haircut and that they are not to be making ANY changes to your child's hair or body without your consent.

I have heard of stories of grandmothers getting little girls ears pierced after Mom and Dad have specifically said no. People can be brought up on ASSAULT charges for doing things like this.
I totally agree with what you said here, including the assault charges in the piercing example. Mutilating and altering someone else's body (even using scissors, IMO) without consent is assault.

Your daughter is so cute and precious, Vaqtea. I'm sorry to hear this happened. I've learned that hair also represents power and what she did was try to diminish your daughter's power (symbolically speaking). Now you have important knowledge about this woman under your belt and I'm sure you'll make sure something like this will never, ever happen again.

MissJ

Wow, your daughter is adorable, with or without the hair, I'm sure. But grandma was wrong. I'd be mad, too. At least you told her how you felt.

Candiss

Isis said:
I totally agree with what you said here, including the assault charges in the piercing example. Mutilating and altering someone else's body (even using scissors, IMO) without consent is assault.

Your daughter is so cute and precious, Vaqtea. I'm sorry to hear this happened. I've learned that hair also represents power and what she did was try to diminish your daughter's power (symbolically speaking). Now you have important knowledge about this woman under your belt and I'm sure you'll make sure something like this will never, ever happen again.

Isis, you're post is RIGHT on point. The first thing I thought when I read the OP was "What was the REAL purpose of her cutting this little girl's hair?" I think it does have to do with power and control. She cuts the girls's hair as if to say "I am in charge, I know more than YOU as far as being a mother goes, what you may feel, think means nothing and ALSO "you're little girl ain't all that, I'm going to cut her hair and bring her down a peg or two" I know this is lot to swallow but unfortunately, some people are very hateful and like to show that hate in supposedly "innocent" ways so they can feign innocence when they are confronted. You need to start keeping a close eye on this woman.

Armyqt

(((Vaqtea))) OMG I can imagine how you feel right now. My ex's mother is a trip also. I cringe everytime I have to send my daughter there. IALWAYS braid her hair up or put it in a style that is not to be touched. That ole ***** is the jealous type and I wouldn't put it past her to try and perm my daughter's hair. One when my son was about 8 he went to visit her for a few days. I had the top of his hair in braids like Kriss-Kross. Do you know she had his uncle cut his braids off without consulting me. :mad: :mad: I was livid. I am sooooo glad to be outta that family. That crazy b#%$

Your daughters are bsolutely adorable and lil ma's hair will be back in no time. :)

MizAvalon

Candiss said:
Isis, you're post is RIGHT on point. The first thing I thought when I read the OP was "What was the REAL purpose of her cutting this little girl's hair?" I think it does have to do with power and control. She cuts the girls's hair as if to say "I am in charge, I know more than YOU as far as being a mother goes, what you may feel, think means nothing and ALSO "you're little girl ain't all that, I'm going to cut her hair and bring her down a peg or two" I know this is lot to swallow but unfortunately, some people are very hateful and like to show that hate in supposedly "innocent" ways so they can feign innocence when they are confronted. You need to start keeping a close eye on this woman.

And here we have it folks. Vaqtea, please don't use grandma for childcare again once this current arrangement is over.

joyous

I know how you feel. My niece went to stay with her dad and stepmom for a few weeks. The stepmom called my sister and asked could she have her hair trimmed, my sister consented. That trim took my niece's hair from waistlength to above shoulder length. Needless to say we were furious. It wasn't my child but most of the time I took care of her hair. I wanted to drive to her stepmom's house and whip her ***. She had three daughter's of her own with jacked up hair, so it really made me wonder why she would do something like that.

Last edited: