why arent my cornrows neat?

ANaturalBrotha

I have the type of texture where no matter what product I use my cornrows dont look like cornrows they arent dry they just arent neat. I have a extremely thick 4B type hair my strands stick straight up with a zig zag shape. I literally hate my hair. i cant really describe how it looks but the cornrows look like dreads or something. The product i recently used was cornrow magic because my friend used it on his hair and his braids was really neat. So i know it has something to do with my texture.

kytrona

Could it be due to the length of your hair? If it is very short, the ends will stick up through the cornrows...Also, maybe the cornrows are not tight enough - who does them? You could try letting a different person braid your hair to see if there is an improvement, and then get pointers from him/her...Hope this helps...

soulchild

I agree on letting someone else try. Mine don't look good when I try to do it myself. When my mom dies it for me, they come out a lot neater.

Selene

At my old salon, the beautician would wash the hair and blow dry it out before cornrowing if the guy wanted that really neat texture. My cousin didn't do that, but his hair is more curly in texture. How did the cornrow magic work for you? Isn't that a texturizing kit?

But as kytrona said, you may want to try letting someone else do them, if they do them really tight, part neatly the texture should look really nice.

L

ladybug

try washing and blowdrying ( a lil bit) b4 doing the cornrows and adding a little dudleys pca moisture retainer..my brother had the same problem and it worked well

ANaturalBrotha

I had the cornrow magic cream they do have a texturizer im trying to stay away from chemicals for a while they thinned out my sides almost 4 years ago and never really recovered completely. I havent used a chemical since. Yes its me Crysdon. What is dudley's pca moisture retainer. Do you have a photo of it?