Who still swears by Silicon Mix and other Dominican Products??

Silicon Mix seems to work best for me with water and heat/under a conditioning cap.

I will say I think I overprotein/undermoisturized my hair recently---it's crazy cold/windy and I have washed my hair ALOT without any kind of ACTUAL moisturizing conditioner like ORS or something, so my hair is a little stiff right now.

I need to find a happy medium.

Eisani

Silicon Mix is wonderful but not as wonderful to me anymore.
I have stopped using it because of the massive amount of buildup I get after using it. I mean 2 washes later I still smell it in my hair while I am in the shower.

And also the fantastic results/slip I used to get from it during prepping to straighten to my hair have dwindled. I want to explore other products that can give me the right slip without all the cones.
Have you tried D'Fina 11 en 1? This DC and rinse made me put my Silicon Mix to the side. When I first became a PJ, I was a Dominican PJ so I have or have tried darn near everything. 11 en 1 is by far my favorite!

OT: Miss_Cherokee, your blackhawk is TOO cute :grin:!!

silkii_locks

Thanks for all the feed back ladies, I'm def going to have to try some of these products.

And yes, that blackhawk is fierce! :yep:

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
I've hated every single Dom conditioner and rinse that has touched my hair (at least 7 of them) They suck majorly

But I do love Lacio Lacio, Silicon Mix and Salerm 21 b5 leave ins for rollersets :yep: