Who still swears by Silicon Mix and other Dominican Products??

silkii_locks

Hey Ladies,

I was just browsing thru youtube today and found a video where the girl used silicon mix shampoo and condtioner, salerm 21 leave in and a growth product called Kuz. Well she only uses dominican/international products and her hair is just gorgeous and so thick and healthy.

I remember when I first joined the site, silicon mix was a super hot item. Now I hardly hear it mentioned. Just curious to know if anyone is still getting results from it or what.

Thanx!

MizAvalon

I don't use my Dominican products as often as I once did but I still have them and still love them!:yep:

Xavier

Still using Silicon Mix after discovering it over a year ago on this site.

Also a couple of folks mentioned Silicon Mix as a great detangler, in the "most detangling conditioner", thread that was started a couple of months ago.

jayjamlov

Yes, I still use and love Silicon Mix. Along with my Lacio Lacio, Kuz, Salerm 21, Alter Ego Energizing and Rebalancing Cream, Emergencia, 10 en 1, 11 en 1 and a few oils I get. I loves them all.

silkii_locks

Thanks for the responses ladies, do any of you find that the silicon mix is very moisturizing or is it just good for slip?

Last edited:

sydwrites

I didnt have alot of products but my Silicone Mix is still going strong, I'm a pj so I dont really use much religously but its definately in the rotation

sydwrites

It seems pretty moisturizing when used with heat, but keep in mind its a protein conditioner as well. My hair is funny with protein so I always have to calculate when and where it comes in.

beans4reezy

I use the alter ego garlic. It leaves my hair soft and shiny. I DC'd with it once and rollerset my hair. I had to go to church later that day to rehearse for a dance. Well, one of my rollers went flying off my head and my cousin commented on how nice that curl looked. I also have the silicon mix and I will be using this once these braids come off

naijamade79

It seems pretty moisturizing when used with heat, but keep in mind its a protein conditioner as well. My hair is funny with protein so I always have to calculate when and where it comes in.
Silicon mix has Ceramide in it which acts as a protein in that it gives your hair added strength but will not make your hair hard if mixed with or used along with a real protein CON. It's my staple deep CON!!!!!!!!!:lick:

TheNewFine

I don't use Silicon Mix anymore but I'm still loving and using Lacio Lacio...straight as a leave-in and with water in a spray bottle to rollerset, remoisturize or detangle.

I also love Alter Ego Garlic as a deep conditioner to stop breakage dead in it tracks! :lick::lick::lick:

*Frisky*

Silicon Mix is still one of my staples. I don't use it as often as I use to but when I do, I still get amazing results.

danysedai

sitting under the dryer right now...just conditioned with Silicon Mix and Alter Ego Nequal. Still love it.

frizzy

Silicon Mix is the biz. I don't use it all the time, I save it for when I need it, when I need serious help. I also keep Lacio Lacio on hand. I liked the Salerm B5, but have not reordered because of the price.

LABETT

Silicon Mix and Sole and Cinnamon conditioner I buy in the 56 oz size because I love them so much and they work great on my hair.
I will always keep Lacio Lacio and Salerm 21 leave in conditioner in my stash.
Lacio Lacio for rollersets,wraps and Salerm 21 for airdrying.
I buy the gallon size of Praital Silk worm and Aloe-vera rinse because they make detangling a breeze and leave my hair feeling like butter.

janeemat

Still use it here. It helps me when I'm stretching, so I tend to use it around the 10 wk mark. Definitely one of my staples.

Mrs.Green

*raising my hand* I still/will always use it :yep: I absolutely love Silicon Mix and deep condition every week with it and i use Lacio Lacio as my leave in.

MizzCoco

I still love my Lacio too. But i recently tried Silicon mix, and it did nothing for me, it actually made my hair hard. I dont know why.

Silicon Mix is wonderful but not as wonderful to me anymore.
I have stopped using it because of the massive amount of buildup I get after using it. I mean 2 washes later I still smell it in my hair while I am in the shower.

And also the fantastic results/slip I used to get from it during prepping to straighten to my hair have dwindled. I want to explore other products that can give me the right slip without all the cones.

cutiebe2

I have silicon mix but I think it would like it better if I would straighten my hair..I keep it natural o it feels weird with the -cones in it.

chebaby

i still love my salerm 21 leave in. i use it often but not EVER wash.
i also have a whale sperm conditioner but i've never used it before.

SelfStyled

I love Silicon Mix- it is one of my staple DC's. It gives me shine, moisture and I love the smell. I also get good slip, it has never made my hair hard.

Jetblackhair

Although I haven't used it in a couple of months, Silicon Mix works best for me as an instant conditioner versus a deep conditioner.