Who else is jealous?

Miss*Tress

I am envious of ladies who have steady, continuous growth. I seem to be stuck in some sort of holding pattern. :wallbash:

However, they do inspire me to not give up and at least maintain, so I've never had any setbacks since joining LHCF. That's positive too, right?

Last edited:

EleganceUnleashed

I'm Jealous of those who have their hair routine down pat. They know EXACTLY what works on their hair, and nobody's rant on a new product sways them. Because I could personally open up my own Sally's haircare store with all the S$it thats in my house right now. LOL

And I'm Jealous of those who are seeing serious, continuous Growth. I feel like I'm stuck in a deep dark pit right now cuz I'm in between that SL and APL.....Aaaargghh Help!

*Clearing Throat* OK I think thats it. :look:

bravenewgirl87

I only look at the naturals. Its so awe-inspiring. I'm going to get a touch-up today. I guess I'm nervous to see if I made my goal or not. Its hard being this close and I'm afraid if I don't make it that I might go back to my old habits of wearing micros.

SandySea

I'm really inspired by the beautiful heads of hair I see hear--at various lengths. I've also been here since 2003, and I've had so many set backs that it's not funny. Now that I have finally realized what's been holding me back, I'm making serious progress. My mistake would be getting braids ever 6mos. or so and ending up with breakage that I've had to cut. Now that I've eliminated braids, I'm accumulating some length.

Whimsy

I'm not jealous, i love seeing everyone's great progress and seeing how happy they are with it. But when I see my hair growing at a slow rate I'm like....c'mon already dammit!!! But I'm happy with my hair so no jealousy here.

Oh wait u know what, I'm envious of all the people who know how to do rollersets on their own heads....cuz i just cannot freak that no matter how hard i try!

tdwillis

I sometimes envy the fact that some women can use crazy heat or wear their hair down everyday or only wash every 4 weeks and still have amazing growth but I have to be SO CAREFUL and practically treat my hair like fine china just to get a couple of inches. But as I slowly learn what works for MY hair and I see definite progress I'm too excited to be envious for long. Plus all these women are my hair inspirations!! HHG to everyone!!

I feel the same way too. I have to do so much to protect my hair and for only a little growth. But 2008 is going to be a great year for my hair. I am claiming it now!

GodsPromises

The Credit Countess
Yes sometimes I am envy of some people but more than that I am mad at myself. I have been hear since 2004 and even though I have gotten some progress I am still sitting at the shoulder and I should truly be at Bra Stap or longer so this year in my year. Next wash ( Next Saturday) I am going to post my starting picture and I am going to track the entire year and hope for no more set backs. If I don't have any setbacks I should be at APL this year.

Glib Gurl

Blosssom - I am thinking that that is my problem. Right now my hair is at the length that it typically stops growing at (or rather, the length when I start messing it up and it can't get past). So, yeah, I do think my hair's "memory" is telling it that it only goes to this length . . . gotta keep postive . . . and look at more fotki's for inspiration!
You have to get past that "I think you want me to grow but I'm not sure because you have been cutting/trimming and that's all I know" phase.

Everyone gets to a particular point where it seems the hair won't grow past it, because it has been trained not to.

Once you get past that "phase", you'll see faster growth.

My hair took FOREVER to get past the "just below the shoulders" because that is all it knew.

Stay away from scissors. That's my advice... and SCRITCH! :)

*Muffin*

I wish I didn't have to be so careful about what products I use. Some people can use just about any conditioner or styling product in their hair, and their hair reacts normally. My hair is very tempermental. It's sensitive to when I make a product change and will react either by feeling really dry or feeling really clumpy or something. I tried to switch to a cheaper leave-in conditioner, and my hair HATED it. It felt really dry afterward.

shynessqueen

You have to get past that "I think you want me to grow but I'm not sure because you have been cutting/trimming and that's all I know" phase.

Everyone gets to a particular point where it seems the hair won't grow past it, because it has been trained not to.

Once you get past that "phase", you'll see faster growth.

My hair took FOREVER to get past the "just below the shoulders" because that is all it knew.

Stay away from scissors. That's my advice... and SCRITCH! :)

This is so true.when I post my updated thread I realize my grew more this year then it did last year.

phyl73

I'm jealous of the folk who found this board in 2002. I'd have seriously droolworthy hair by now if I'd found this place that long ago.

I know, right? But I'm glad I'm a member know and above all, my hair is the most thankful. Every strands loves LHCF:yep:.

Lavendar

I wish I didn't have to be so careful about what products I use. Some people can use just about any conditioner or styling product in their hair, and their hair reacts normally. My hair is very tempermental. It's sensitive to when I make a product change and will react either by feeling really dry or feeling really clumpy or something. I tried to switch to a cheaper leave-in conditioner, and my hair HATED it. It felt really dry afterward.

Oh man.....you described my hair to a T! I had to do an abrupt switch to natural products this year cause I thought I was about to lose it all to breakage and shedding. The good thing is that I began to get results immediately. I do envy those that can use all those cones and serums and get glossy, shiny, swangy hair....:perplexed

♦K.O♦

Not jealous, but disappointed. I've been at the same spot FOREVER. :nono:

I have a tendency to get scissor-happy on myself and any damage that I've experienced was self inflicted (jumping on PJ band wagons)

*Muffin*

Oh man.....you described my hair to a T! I had to do an abrupt switch to natural products this year cause I thought I was about to lose it all to breakage and shedding. The good thing is that I began to get results immediately. I do envy those that can use all those cones and serums and get glossy, shiny, swangy hair....:perplexed

It seems like we're hair twins, lol. My hair hates cones. I was using this DC that I thought was the bomb, but after a while I noticed my ends were looking like the end of a bottle brush :sad:. I went back to concocting my own, natural deep conditioners and buying my hair-care products from health food stores, and my hair feels much better.

Barbara

Princess
I'm jealous of the folk who found this board in 2002. I'd have seriously droolworthy hair by now if I'd found this place that long ago.

Hair care books were around.:superbanana: Those are just as good. When I stumbled on this board, I already had bra-clasp length hair . . . but I learned about other new things that are very helpful, but not needed, because I already had a regimen that gave me fabulous results.

Last edited:

Islandspyce

I'm jealous of those who have a good regimen as far as products are concerned and wish I could do roller sets with ease.

Wishin4BSL

Well, I've been taking care of my hair for almost 2 years now and I haven't gained any length because when I started, I had a whole head of over-processed hair. Now that I've grown all of that out, I'm trying to go for length. I honestly do get discouraged a lot and I'm a bit jealous of the others. Fortunately my SO has super confidence in me and my hair journey. He always tells me that my hair is definitely going to start getting longer now that it's not overprocessed. He says that I just have to have patience, so that's what I'm trying to do!:yep: If you are looking for a confidence boost about growing longer hair, try Jeniffermd's album. She has come a long way since the start of her hair journey.:yep: