Who doesn't want hair longer than bra strap length?

lollyoo

For me it depends whether I am relaxed or natural at my goal length.

With my 70% shrinkage - I will like waistlength stretched probably shoulder unstretched - natural hair

If relaxed however BSL- MBL will be my goal, I am only 5ft 2in so BSL and MBL are only 2 inches apart I think.

Aggie

At first I thought I wanted MBL hair but since making the decision to transition to texlaxed hair this month, I feel like BSL is the longest I can truly deal with. Besides, this decision has set me back in my length goals because I have to do some major trimming until my texlaxed hair reaches BSL:yep:. I am excited about the change in plans of my hair goals:grin:.

Leesh

ME! I do not want hair longer then Bra-Strap, I will probably trim often, so it won't exceed that legnth, In My personal opinion, It sorta gets a little boring, not much You can do for style, once its that long.
Its very pretty on others,
and maybe I will in the future!but for now just BS.

Last edited:

asiaticdiva

ME! I do not want hair longer then Bra-Strap, I will probably trim often, so it won't exceed that legnth, In My personal opinion, It sorta gets a little boring, not much You can do for style, once its that long.
Its very pretty on others,
and maybe I will in the future!but for now just BS.

I totally agree. I don't hair longer than BSL. Even when I get my weaves and leave it at BSL I end up trimming it and putting it in layers after a couple of days because I get bored.

CurlyMoo

If I'm at BSL in the back, APL at the shortest layers. I think I would curl up in a ball and cry my eyes out if my hair didn't get longer than this. My goal is classic length.

I think I have a touch of hair anorexia, bc I feel like my hair is just so short. I want it to grow already!

:lachen:

I feel the exact same way. I am BSL in the back and just past APL on the sides and front and my hair feels so short. I think it's because our goals are so high or should I say long that we won't be satisfied until we actually surpass our goal.

:look: For some reason I thought if my hair reached BSL my head would at least feel like I had more hair on it. Will this obssession ever end? :nono:

CurlyMoo

I don't think I'd care for hair that long, I think it would limit styling options for me personally PLUS...:shhh:...a couple of threads from here someone said they spent 10-12 hours on their hair a week...:nono: I still can't get over that.

I think that's why we are blessed with shrinkage! Doesn't feel like I am working with much at all. If I had it permanently straightened I might get a little overwelmed. If I can keep from dilly dallying during my deep conditioning, I would spend considerably less time on my hair. It doesn't feel like much work at all. I'm guessing it would be the same when I reach my hair goal. With shrinkage I may be full BSL/MBL.

CurlyMoo

I'm kinda torn I guess. My ultimate goal is BSL but now that I'm into this hair growing game I'd have to say my final stop in my journey would be MBL....no longer than that. I think my hair would be too much to maintain.

:lachen:

Ok now, in 2 years I will look at your siggy and find you with hip length hair. :spinning:

CurlyMoo

When I joined, my only goal was full SL! I guess I've gotten greedy because I want WL, now. I think I was inspired the most by Traycee.

-Waist Length in 2011!

Congratulation, you grow gir!

I think as we embark on this haircare journey we see the ladies here reach their goals and longer; we realize that we can do it too. I think many Black women even some on this hairboard just don't think they can grow hair to very long lengths (waist length and beyond). I say go for it or at least see how far you can go without serious hardship to your budget and sanity. :lachen:

nomoweavesfome

At first I thought I wanted MBL hair but since making the decision to transition to texlaxed hair this month, I feel like BSL is the longest I can truly deal with. Besides, this decision has set me back in my length goals because I have to do some major trimming until my texlaxed hair reaches BSL:yep:. I am excited about the change in plans of my hair goals:grin:.

this is a good point - because if I were natural, I would go for the waist length probably, but as a relaxed wearer, my hair is soo fine, I don't even think I can get past bra strap. bra strap is a good look and goal for me.

kedda0720pooh

Well my ultimate goal is BSL stretched. Im transitioning and I just cut half of my hair off a few months ago so Im NL at the moment. I think I will be satisfied with BSL.