Who Doesn't Deep Condition Regularly?

equestrian

I'm guessing that many of the people of the people who are able to skip regular DC's, co-wash regularly? I never co-wash so weekly DCs are a must for me.
I co-wash several days a week and I always use leave-in so I just don't see a need.

Last edited:

malibu4590

I DC every time I wash my hair which is once a week. When I first started my journey up until 6 months ago, I DC'd with heat for 30 mins minimum. Now I just DC with a shower cap on and let the shower steam work it's magic for about 10 min. I have never co-washed-- seems like too much manipulation for a long-term transitioner like myself.

lowridin76

I haven't DC'ed regularly since I've been pregnant. I probably won't be doing it as often for a while too with the baby coming and all. I have been cowashing, though and that seems to be doing me pretty okay for now.

gissellr78

I DC every time I wash my hair which is once a week. When I first started my journey up until 6 months ago, I DC'd with heat for 30 mins minimum. Now I just DC with a shower cap on and let the shower steam work it's magic for about 10 min. I have never co-washed-- seems like too much manipulation for a long-term transitioner like myself.

This is what i do. I got tired of the long process. But i recommend DC with heat at least once a month. But for my weekly washes..10 mins with a cap on will do (with a treatment specific for DC)

charmtreese

I am on the fence about this too...I've been using Joico's line exclusively for a month or so, and their conditioners seem to penetrate the hair very good without having to sit under the dryer for 30+ minutes. I just apply and finish showering, then do a final rinse. I feel weird about not DC'ing on a regular basis, but it seems to be working so far.

Yeah, Joico has really shortened the time I spend on my hair on wash days. :yep:

myronnie

I don't think DC'ing is mandatory if you're not using heat appliances and using proper moisturizing and sealing techniques.
However, if you're short on time, wear a wig and DC under that! It's really convenient!

twists

:lol:

Good question though. Maybe it's a chicken and the egg sort of a thing? Like, what if the hair grows (retains length) because it's already healthy, so there's no real need? Maybe just minor maintenance (regular washing/conditioning) is all that it needs once it hits that equilibrium of "health"?

Also, long haired people are probably doing less manipulation, so less breakage. They've had time to perfect their bunning and protective styles, and have reached a level of already knowing how to prevent damage, so a DC isn't all that necessary? When my hair was short, I was doing all sorts of stuff to keep it presentable looking.

Then again, I'm just talking out of my @ss :lol:

That is a good point though...If you hair is already "healthy" what's the need for all the DCing?
I'm still perfecting my regimen so I will probably try the DCing twice a month instead of once a week and see how that works. I mean, if i'm keeping my hair well moisturized I don't see what damage could come from it...:look:

oh and btw, your hair is beautiful :yep:

30something

Okay so basically all the long-haired girls don't even DC that often?...then what the H E double hockeysticks am I DCing 4 times a month for? :wallbash:

My thoughts exactly.
Now that I think of it deep conditioning and co washing always give me same results.