Who Are You?

ClassicBeauty

On Lift Every Voice Sunday I heard this song called "Who Am I" by a guy called Da TRUTH featuring Tye Tribbett. Now I have to tell you that it's a Hip Hop Christian song, and usually I am not a fan of Hip Hop anything, BUT I love this song. One of the lines in the song really got me to thinking
"If the Bible was rewritten and the writers put me in it, who would they say that I resembled the most?"

I was wondering ladies, who in the bible do you think your life resembles the most?

Here's the link to his myspace so that you can hear the whole song if you want. If you have kids or work with a youth ministry, this is a great song for them to listen to. It'll spark a bible lesson because they have to know who these people are before they can compare their lives.;) Also, it's one of the few Gospel rap songs that sound a lot like real Hip Hop. He sounds a lot like JayZ to me (but of course I'm not into Hip Hop so maybe not?) and they have to like Tye Tribbett!
http://www.myspace.com/truthonduty

Last edited:

GodsPromises

The Credit Countess
That is a great question and I really had to think about that for a while. The first thought that came to mind was Moses because like Moses God has called me to do a work for him and I have said " Lord I'm not worthly, Lord I can't do that" just as Moses did when he was called to Lead God's people out of Egypt. However, after thinking some more I would say David because like David I love the Lord with all of my heart. No matter what I do I know that the Lord loves me. Like David I can fall down on my knees and ask God for forgiveness when I fall short and know that I am forgiven. David truly was a man after God heart for even when he sinned he repented and the bible doesn't show where he did the same thing again. Also like David I love to praise the Lord. The bible records that David danced for the Lord so hard that he danced righ out of his clothes. Yep that's me. I have been know to lose a piece or two or come out of a piece and after praising having to go to the ladies room and correct :D some things.

live2bgr8

Yeah, he's (Da TRUTH) is a part of the Cross Movement. Their music is HOT. On a whole different plane... I like Tye Tribbett too so I know this song is good... I'll have to go and listen to it...

As for the question: who in the Bible would I want my life to look like the most? It would be Jesus. That's why we wear his name, right? After that, Mary, Ruth, Paul... As for who I deeply reflect, I'd have to think about it... Hmmm...

I love that you started this thread. I haven't been around much lately, but I thought this was a refreshing topic. Thanks for sharing. :)

Last edited:

ClassicBeauty

I've been thinking about who my life resembles for a while now, and I'm still not really sure, but I'll try.
I think my life has been a lot like Joseph's life. I've never been sold into slavery by my brothers (or any of the other crazy things he had to go through), but I have had to overcome a lot of things and a lot of people. I was the favored child throughout my family (and my community), and that lead to a lot of haters. People did a lot to try to hold me down, but I made it every time. The good thing is that throughout all of the many highs and lows of my life, God always shows me favor.:) I could be the poster child for making the best of a bad situation, and I don't hold any negative feelings towards those who have harmed me (but I have to admit that it took me a while to get to that point).

As for who I want to be like- Jesus is an automatic but there are others as well. (I'll try to keep it short)
I really want to be more like Caleb. That's something I've been working on for a few years. Caleb was the only one to return with a positive report. I'm trying to be much more optistic about things in my life.

I want to be more like Mary than Martha in Luke 10. I find myself so caught up in life (even if it's things that serve the Lord) that I have to remind myself to just sit at His feet to worship and hear from the Lord.

I also want to be like Ruth. I want a Boaz!:grin:
I'll add more later.

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
I would definitely say, Nehemiah. For nothing and no one, can threaten me from the things of God. Trust, I have been threatened. But yet I still, refuse to come down from off of the wall that God has placed me upon to will and to do His will.

I fought for my children and other family members. I fought for them with love, and the power of God's word. My son was delivered from death itsself and from drugs because I was not letting go...