Reviews of Tye Tribbett's Latest CD...I ask again: are these people judging Tye?

PaperClip

...or since the reviews seem favorable, they're not judging?

EUR GOSPEL CD REVIEW: Tye Tribbett & GA 'Stand Out'
http://www.eurweb.com/story/eur45377.cfm

From the hypnotic beats of "No Way," their debut single to their dizzying rhythm on "Victory" their second, Camden, NJ's Tye Tribbett & GA have stood out among artists who exceed them in years.

Their eclectic style has kept them high on the Billboard charts with each curtain call.

"Stand Out" is no exception to the rule. As one of the most conspicuous aggregates in gospel, the title of their third album could be an adjective describing them, but for Tye Tribbett and GA, it is used in noun form, "to stand out," i.e., to be set apart from the world, as in the words of his opening to "choose whose side you're going to be on."

Musically, unpredictability has not back-fired on Tye & GA. The group stretched its imagination and pulled off infusions of gospel, Celtic and Broadway music on the last recording. Just as creatively daring, on this live recording they go in the direction of corporate praise and worship on many of the listings.

Christian Rock peppers "Prodigal Son" and "Chasing After You," but they maintain their signature chant-driven singing and Afro-urban-textured beats on the title cut and "All Hail the King of Glory" (the horn section is relentless on this one).

"Stand Out" also offers a few gospel landmarks for die hard traditionalists such as "Hallelujah," "I Made It Through" and "He Has Made Me Glad" featuring Kim Burrell.

"When your kids need money just to bust a grub/... and you feel like throwing in the towel goes "Hold On," a techno funk blend representing another musical mood.

This mixed-bag generally works and while there is still the sense the group overdoes versatility they are impervious to this criticism. The bonus song, rounding out the 15-track offering, "Good In the Hood," is a bangin' hip-hop stoked celebration of everyday people who choose to "stand out" by doing the right things in their lives.

Tye Tribbett and GA succeed in being set apart in a world of musical monotony.

Hear cuts from "Stand Out" at Tye Tribbett And GA's MySpace site: http://www.myspace.com/tyetribbettandga

---------------------------------------------------------------------
From Gospelcity.com
http://www.gospelcity.com/music/reviews/525

Tye Tribbett - Stand Out

Tye Tribbett – his name alone ignites excitement. The brand new album release titled, Stand Out, contains a compilation of songs that talk about standing up for God. Tribbett, long known for his revolutionary musical style, takes his ministry to an unprecedented level. Stand Out is not another blend of musical styles attempting to outdo the who’s who of the gospel world; the thematic release truly exemplifies the meaning of Christianity.

“It’s just a challenge not to be conformed to the world and not to go along with what the world says is standard,” says Tribbett, when he talked with Gospelcity.com about his new album. “That’s the message of the album: [stand up and stand out] that’s the vibe of it, that’s the title track…the album is very upbeat.”

Tribbett burst onto the gospel music scene; forming Greater Anointing in the late 90s. Tribbett and GA performed their first live recording in 2004 and have not looked back since. Stand Out was recorded live in Virginia. The high-energy album has Stellar Award stamped across each track. From the intricate and original musical arrangements to prayerful lyrics, Tribbett and GA have accomplished a sensational endeavor that is undisputedly unique.

The 15-track album includes tracks such as the eclectic soulful sound of Bless The Lord. The original musical arrangement creates a remarkable worship experience. The lyrics speak of God setting us free from the bonds of sin. The chorus, a psalm, explores the worship in the repetition of a single sentence: Bless the Lord O my Soul/Bless the Lord O my soul/Bless the Lord O my soul/Bless the Lord O my soul/Bless the Lord O my soul!
The contemporary-flavored Prodigal Son is a plea to be a part of God’s kingdom. The words admonish listeners to look to something greater and better as in being with God and basking in His presence. The song also speaks of Christ’s second coming – Gotta get outta here!/I gotta get outta here!/I want to be with You!

The theme of entering into God’s presence and being lifted up in a heavenly atmosphere is serenaded through several tracks. Tribbett says he intended to raise the level of spiritual anticipation by incorporating a rejuvenating style of worship. “My intention is to introduce urban youth to praise and worship ’cause we only have holy hip hop and…there’s no praise and worship with urban youth,” he says.

Shutting yourself off with God is felt through the lyrics and melody of Chasing After (The Morning Star). The ballad speaks of seeking God by day and night. Similarly, the mid-tempo, church-friendly Hallelujah accentuates praising God regardless of trials you may be experiencing. Let Us Worship also offers the message of hailing God as the only King of kings and Lord of lords. The irresistible track provokes listeners to dance in the Spirit and worship God in song and dance. Tribbett can be heard asking for hands to be raised in the air in reverence to the Almighty.

Those who need encouragement in life can find it in the jazz and R&B fused, Look Up. The song speaks of how things can go so wrong all of a sudden, yet there’s a steadfast answer in seeking God through His word. The compassionate lyrics are soothing and spur hope for those struggling in life.

Tribbett and GA deliver a powerful, spiritually-stimulating album, encouraging listeners to truly take a firm stand with their Christian life. This uplifting album promotes the value of standing firm in Christ, regardless of the circumstances.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
From gospelflava.com
http://www.gospelflava.com/reviews/tyetribbettstand.html

Few would argue that the fastest rising star in Gospel over the past while has been Tye Tribbett. Along with his equally energetic choir Greater Anointing (G.A.), Tribbett has boldly blazed a path where few Gospel artists have dared to go (but many have chosen to follow). The multi-time Stellar-award winner has garnered cross-generational and cross-cultural appeal through intricate music, relevant lyrical content, youthful exuberance, and a bold message of righteous living.

After two wildly successful releases, Tribbett & G.A. release their boldest project to date, appositely titled StandOUT.

Recorded live in August 2007 at The Rock Church International in Virginia Beach (check out our image gallery of the recording), StandOUT is a fifteen-track album that already breaks new ground in being one of the first single-disk projects to feature 80 minutes of material (the maximum amount of data for a CD is usually pegged at 78 minutes!)

In addition, this serves as the first album in Tribbett's catalogue that is fully produced by Tribbett and his G.A. camp. Tribbett, along with his brother, famed bassist and SoundCheck music director Thaddaeus Tribbett, and Dana Sorey handle the entire production responsibilities on this effort.

Of course, all of the elements of Tribbett's stellar band SoundCheck are in place, featuring special guest, the incomparable Melvin Crispell, who sits in on organ for the lion's share of the effort.

From lyrical substance to musical creativity, boldness has always been the trademark of Tribbett and G.A., and perhaps no musical offering to date has had boldness stamped on it quite like this one, as Tribbett continues to reach into his musical bag of tricks to pull out absolute gems.

From the in-your-face pulsating rhythms of the 80's pop-infused title cut to the unmistakable classic rock of "Prodigal", Tribbett takes calculated musical risks that produce great payoffs.

Those risks include partnering with newcomer Jon Owens for the passion-filled worship anthem "Bless the Lord (Son of Man)", which is bound to become a favorite for all worshippers.

Tribbett revisits the Victory album by expanding the interlude "Look Up" into a full-length groove with Angela White and Kierra "Kiki" Sheard joining him on lead vocals.

Returning for her third appearance on a Tribbett effort is the unrivaled Kim Burrell who ignites a vocal fire on "He Has Made Me Glad". The incredible moments continue with the memorable worship medley that flows from the mid-tempo "Hallelujah" to the rock-tinged "Let Us Worship" to the full-blown 60's hard rock vibe of "So Amazing".

Tribbett takes traditional Sunday morning church through the colander of musical animation with "I Made It Through", effortlessly visiting numerous musical keys sans modulation. Couple all of this with the bonus hidden track "Good in the Hood", the album's lone studio cut filled with more funk and crunk than many may be able to handle.

With the design of promoting Kingdom living and admonishing believers to make a difference, this latest release from Tribbett and G.A. fully lives up to its album title and much deserved hype. This album is guaranteed to StandOUT from the rest, making an eternal impression on all who listen.

song_of_serenity

According to a high majority of people, you are only "judging" if you give a response that is seen as negative and not what they want to hear.:nono:
Not necessarily referring to this situation, but even if it is by God's word which I see a lot of, also, people still don't want to hear it. Ah well. So it is written, so shall it be.

They're "judging" in his favor. :spinning:
~*Janelle~*

momi

Thank you.

Good grief... it is only judging if you do not agree with their point of view, and it is only seperation of church and state if you are a Christian.

According to a high majority of people, you are only "judging" if you give a response that is seen as negative and not what they want to hear.:nono:
Not necessarily referring to this situation, but even if it is by God's word which I see a lot of, also, people still don't want to hear it. Ah well. So it is written, so shall it be.

They're "judging" in his favor. :spinning:
~*Janelle~*