White Men

Ivytresses

How many of us LHCF ladies have noticed White Men taking obvious notice with our hair being long (ANY TEXTURE). I found one who had tried numerous times to get next to me. This isn't a white guy who gives off the air that he normally likes black women. This is a guy that I would NEVER in a million years picture with a black woman on his arm. His celebrity twin would be Jared from the Subway commercials:lachen:. I don't know why, but I feel like I am one of the first black women he has taken notice of and all of us can clearly tell when a man is seriously interested. Even with all that said, I love my golden brown hubby at home.

KIm

JenBenCal

Haha, it wouldn't surprise me! I'm a college student and there are a few girls at my school who have long hair and those white boys at the frat parties are ALL over them! :lachen: I kind of want to walk over and give those girls a high five, LOL! And it's almost like they can spot the ones with a weave. They'll go straight to the girls with the real hair and I'm always left wondering "how did they know"? But our hair is beautiful in all lengths and textures--I'm glad they're noticing it! :yep:

Closeout

this is is a funny thread! i totally agree!
I have noticed whenever i wear my hair down the guys at the office give me a double take... hahahaha!!

CurlyMoo

Hispanic men love my hair when it's down. There was this White guy that I was working with, I had a crush on him. He didn't seem to notice me until one day I came to work with my hair down. He did a double take and just kept staring at me. At that time my hair was relaxed and was just past the shoulders and in a big loose wavy texture.

Last edited:

Neith

Most men period (excluding black men) don't know it's a weave unless it's blatantly fake.

From my experience.

Taina

I won't going to use the "white man" as i naver lived in the States, but i can tell about the mexican ones i've met here. Ever since i have my natural hair, i can feel all the looks over me, boys and girls wanma touch it ahahaha is sooo funny.

brucebettye

I noticed that ever since I started wearing my real hair I get more looks for the white men at my job. Also I get alot more attention from black men too!!!!!!

Casarela

Not up here, When I BC'ed back in dec 07 I remember heading to work and when I got in all the traders that I worked with and other men that Ive never spoke to were literrally yelling across the trading floor...hey halle ...or they would come to my corner and tell me mmmm love it your hair is beautiful.

Also I noticed a lot of white men around my father's age bracket approaching me when I would be shopping... I was like :( in disgust because I was not looking for a second father.

Anyhow, I dont want to generalize but I find that certain styles are very popular and seems like a preference among other ethnicities (africans, french canadians YT, asians, latinos, etc ) and throughout the process of growing my hair Ive seen different type of men approaching me.

caramelma

I have always noticed this especially one time when I had a sew-in weave with that remy hair it was so beautiful and it looked like my real hair. white men were blowing kisses all at the red lights and so many men told me that they love my hair.

discodumpling

Nope can't say that i've noticed. Men of all races approach me no matter the length of my nappy hair, my wedding ring nor hugely pregnant stomach seems to be a deterrent.

Hot40

This is soooo funny just had this conversation last week.

I have been bunning a lot since May.
I had my hair flat ironed just befor July 4th a white guy I work with asked another white guy who is the new girl???? we all had a good laugh.

Just thinking about it I find white men do approach often or will make comments about my hair.
Never thought about it much.
I know white women I work with have a lot of hair questions for me LOL.

oh yeah I am the only black person in a 30 person department so I try not to but I kind of stand out LOL

Who Knew??????

Last edited:

Neith

Nope can't say that i've noticed. Men of all races approach me no matter the length of my nappy hair, my wedding ring nor hugely pregnant stomach seems to be a deterrent.

Yep. I don't know where you all are, but a man is a man to me. :yep:

Nappy, straight or inbetween... they don't really care all that much. :lol:

Men of all races approach me but I always find it interesting when white men and black men who only date white women approach. Whenever I am in the store I will frequently see a black man with his wife and chidlren just staring me down in a very uncomfortable way. I never really understand it since usually I have absolutely nothing in common with their wife physically. I think some men like a certain length hair and feel like they can't get that with a black woman and when they see a black woman with that length hair for the first time they don't know what to do with themselves. Maybe that's exotic for them! Who knows! Some men do have hair fetishes such as having a thing for blondes etc.

Last edited:

MonPetite

I've gotten a lot of unexpected attention from a variety of ethnic groups having gone natural, mainly Caucasian males however.

Black men my age (I'm 22), when I had scab hair were not "checking me".

Scab hair gone, my hair is now 3c/4a and I get stared down, by this demographic as well. I'm not sure how I feel about that. We have a lot of issues as a people, unfortunately.

Aspire

Haha, it wouldn't surprise me! I'm a college student and there are a few girls at my school who have long hair and those white boys at the frat parties are ALL over them! :lachen: I kind of want to walk over and give those girls a high five, LOL! And it's almost like they can spot the ones with a weave. They'll go straight to the girls with the real hair and I'm always left wondering "how did they know"? But our hair is beautiful in all lengths and textures--I'm glad they're noticing it! :yep:

ITA @ bolded. I think all men - in spite of race - notice when a woman has her down. It is just a part of who they are. I (and most of the women I know for that matter) have had white guys show interest no matter what our hair length, texture, or style was/is. IMO they just like well kept genuine hair - just like every brother I know. :grin:

BostonMaria

Now why is there an Afroromance.com banner above this thread. :lachen:

Oh no! Not the afroromance.com banner! :lachen::lachen::lachen: : lachen:

White men have always taken an interest in me. Once upon a time I used to date them, but now I'm married to my brown Puerto Rican :grin:

I don't know about other states, but here in Boston I will get approached by a white man if I'm a certain weight. Any time I gained a little here and there they would go bye bye LOL Hair can be short, long, natural, relaxed... didn't matter but the weight did.

Neith

Oh no! Not the afroromance.com banner! :lachen::lachen::lachen: : lachen:

White men have always taken an interest in me. Once upon a time I used to date them, but now I'm married to my brown Puerto Rican :grin:

I don't know about other states, but here in Boston I will get approached by a white man if I'm a certain weight. Any time I gained a little here and there they would go bye bye LOL Hair can be short, long, natural, relaxed... didn't matter but the weight did.

It's interesting how we all have such different experiences. :yep: I'm a big girl and get approached by all different races.

There's plenty of love for the meatier girls too, lol :)

unalteredone

Most men period (excluding black men) don't know it's a weave unless it's blatantly fake.

From my experience.

Yes.

My last bf (white) was like, consistently surprised when i'd point out ppls braid extensions and weaves. Even kinda bad ones. Some white guys dont even know what weaves are. I've had to explain t to more than one.

Luscious Locks

Yes. I do notice that whenever I wear my hair down I get a lot more stairs. Even if I'm out running errands air dry it. It's insane actually because i'm normally just rocking a bun while enjoying my anonimity, then all of a sudden on a hectic wash day-- BAM. My air drying hair is attract every color of the rainbow, even Indian men.

Lucie

Dancin' on sunshine!
I think many men just like long hair. Ever since I got my tan, Indian/Middle Eastern men have been approaching me like crazy!!!

poookie

when i wear my hair down i get stares of hatred from short haired white women with red hair :lol:

& the older white men take notice. i think they find it alarming seeing a black woman with carrot orange hair :lol:

but the overwhelming majority of man traffic i get still consists of black males :yep:

Neith

I think many men just like long hair. Ever since I got my tan, Indian/Middle Eastern men have been approaching me like crazy!!!

Tell me why some fool with the full turban and everything came behind me trying to talk me up the other day? :lol:

Sometimes I think they wouldn't care if you were bald if they like certain other parts well enough. :look:

Zsugar

In my experience most men, black and white or other totally agree on what they feel is hot,banging,dime piece,vixen,sexy,etc. This is in regards to hair and bodies.We have all seen that fine *** man with a hot mess and wonder.

Their are few exceptions and it doesn't take a whole lot for any man to be attracted ( as in a certain reaction :blush: ) Ask your best guy friends... What happens beyond initial attraction is another story.

Zsugar

zzirvingj

Men of all races approach me but I always find it interesting when white men and black men who only date white women approach. Whenever I am in the store I will frequently see a black man with his wife and chidlren just staring me down in a very uncomfortable way. I never really understand it since usually I have absolutely nothing in common with their wife physically. I think some men like a certain length hair and feel like they can't get that with a black woman and when they see a black woman with that length hair for the first time they don't know what to do with themselves. Maybe that's exotic for them! Who knows! Some men do have hair fetishes such as having a thing for blondes etc.

I'd probably stare at you too if I saw you out somewhere...your hair is GORGEOUS :yep:

TrueBeliever

when i wear my hair down i get stares of hatred from short haired white women with red hair :lol:

& the older white men take notice. i think they find it alarming seeing a black woman with carrot orange hair :lol:

but the overwhelming majority of man traffic i get still consists of black males :yep:

You did a beautiful job with you hair color.
As soon as I started wearing my hear up all the time the attention from men dropped to almost '0'. :perplexed