Which is better MTG or OCT/MT for growth

snugglez41685

I've always wanted to try MTG and now there is OCT and MT. I only inquire about this now because i had a traumatic experience this morning where after i took my weave down, first one i ever had, I washed and dc'ed overnight, When I woke up my hair was in knots! Mind you I combed my hair out after I took out the braids.I cried hysterically as i tried to get all the knots out. I guess since i hadn't relaxed since Sept/Oct '07 the ends and roots tangled. So now I lost nearly a 1/4 of my hair, maybe more! So my ultimate question is what is the difference between theses products and why did a lot of people jump off the MTG bandwagon onto the OCT/MT one. TIA. P.S. I tried searching for topics on MTG and came up with nothing so this is why I ask here.

Platinum

I'm sorry to hear about your experience. ((Sending a big hug)). I've never tried OTC/MT but I think MTG is pretty good. I think some people jumped off the bandwagon because of the smell. If you decide to try MTG, you may want to mix it with some EO's. I wish I could offer more advice. Hopefully, some of the hair gurus can chime in with more advice.

phyl73

I had a similiar experience a couple of weeks ago. I took my weave down after having had it for 1 month. When I went to detangle, I had HUGE knots and tangles. I pulled out so much hair. It was so depressing. I then started the OCT and my hair started shedding. I started to quit, but people said it would stop after a couple of weeks. I'm happy to say it has. I now give myself a deep condition twice a week and soak my hair in coconut oil before I use the Ovation line. My hair turned out much better yesterday. I then slick it back and let it air dry, stick on my phony puff and keep it moving.

Monigirl

Hello Snugglez41685

I am so sorry this has happened to you. This happened to me once back in 2004 when I lived in Germany and took out some microbraids. I had to cut off allot of hair too and missed one day of work b/c I was so upset. This was before I knew about LHCF.

I am an MTG user. I have not tried OCT or MN but I have heard lots of great stuff abouth them both and some bad. I heard OCT has cause some member excessive itchyness and MN has caused headaches if used un-diluted. MTG has a very very stinky smell and has caused some people skin irriation, breakouts and scalp alpociea.

I have been a lucky MTG user. And I found to great ways to apply without dealing with the stank. I mix my growth aide fresh every time I apply with Amla Lite oil. I also use Virgin Coconut Oil on occassion. Both oils have a sweet smells that hides the stank right away. You don't even need EO's to help hide the smell but EO's are great for the hair. I use this nightly or every skip a night after I co-wash.

I started using MTG again on 26 Mar 08.....measured .4 centinmeters of hair growth on 3 April 08. I forgot to do a 1 Month Comparison
26 Apr 08 - b/c my hair was still in braids. But on 8 May 08 I removed my braids and ( 1 month and 2 weeks Later) - 1 Full Inch of Newgrowth :0)

JustKiya

I prefer OCT/MT. I couldn't handle the smell (or the oiliness) of the MTG - I think I used it all of once and gave it up. MT smells better, stays better, doesn't discolor your jewelry, and did I mention it smells SO much better? :grin:

iasade

I am so sorry to hear about your hair loss:sad:

I ordered the MT but it hasn't arrived yet. I tried MTG and it seemed to work, but the smell was a bit undesirable so I gave it up. I purchased the OCT and it smells wonderful. I have been using it for a week now but my hair is in braids, so I really won't know how much it has grown until I take my hair down. However, my hair has been in braids for 3 days now and if I am not mistaken, it seems like I have an 1/8 of an inch of new growth, which is unheard of at this point from 3 days, but we shall see. I did notice some itching with the OCT, but I made a daily spritz with water, garnier leave-in conditioner and peppermint EO and that has eliminated the itching COMPLETELY.

HTH

Take care:look:

snugglez41685

Hello Snugglez41685

I am so sorry this has happened to you. This happened to me once back in 2004 when I lived in Germany and took out some microbraids. I had to cut off allot of hair too and missed one day of work b/c I was so upset. This was before I knew about LHCF.

I am an MTG user. I have not tried OCT or MN but I have heard lots of great stuff abouth them both and some bad. I heard OCT has cause some member excessive itchyness and MN has caused headaches if used un-diluted. MTG has a very very stinky smell and has caused some people skin irriation, breakouts and scalp alpociea.

I have been a lucky MTG user. And I found to great ways to apply without dealing with the stank. I mix my growth aide fresh every time I apply with Amla Lite oil. I also use Virgin Coconut Oil on occassion. Both oils have a sweet smells that hides the stank right away. You don't even need EO's to help hide the smell but EO's are great for the hair. I use this nightly or every skip a night after I co-wash.

I started using MTG again on 26 Mar 08.....measured .4 centinmeters of hair growth on 3 April 08. I forgot to do a 1 Month Comparison
26 Apr 08 - b/c my hair was still in braids. But on 8 May 08 I removed my braids and ( 1 month and 2 weeks Later) - 1 Full Inch of Newgrowth :0)

Thank you ladies for the suggestions! and Monigirl thanks for help I think i will trying mixing theses with the MTG. And where can i find alma lite oil? and another question I just thought of . If my is not to fond of protein do you ladies think I should stick with MTG as my choice or does that also have alot of protein in it?

JLove74

I've never used MTG mainly because I hear of the side affects - the smell, scaley necks, breakouts. I love OCT - it's light, smells great, a little goes a long way.

Monigirl

Hey Snugglez41685,
You can order Amla Lite Oil on Amazon.com

MTG is not for everyone. If you try MTG first I wish you the best but like anything else it may or may not be for you. I have been lucky and found a way to hide the smell, plus I don't experince any skin problems from it. So be careful and observant while you use it.

I don't think MTG has protein in it. It has sulpher in it more than anything else.

Good luck to you on anything you try and God bless :grin:

Monigirl, that's some good growth! Keep up the good work.

Thanks Platinum!!! I can't wait to post pics!! I made SL.

Last edited:

Monigirl

I looked on amazon.com I found alma oil but not alma lite oil. Which brand did u buy? and thank you for the support I hope the MTG works for me!

Hello Snugglez41685,
You are so welcomed and I hope MTG works for you too.
Below I have attached some website links to find the Amla Lite Oil listed on Amazon. Hope this helps.

The seller that sells it on Amazon is The Indian Food Store
Website address: http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/seller/at-a-glance.html?ie=UTF8&seller=A10LZNXDPIZCNZ

Amla Lite Oil on Sale: http://www.amazon.com/Dabur-Amla-Li...ef=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=hpc&qid=1211003603&sr=8-2