Which is a stronger protein reconstructor?

WaistLengthDreams

I am about to relax my hair soon, and I am trying to figure out what reconstructor to use after I relax. FYI: I'll be using Affirm Fiberguard Sensitive Scalp (no-lye) relaxer and I have fine hair.

Which is a stronger protein reconstructor (if you could rank them from strongest to weakest that would be even better)?

Affirm 5 in 1 Reconstructor
Affirm Sustenance
Aphogee 2 minute Keratin Reconstructor

If you think a different/unlisted reconstructor should be used after my relaxer, I welcome your advice! TIA.

Esq.2B

I've never used the other two but the Aphogee is good after a relaxer. That's what I use.

WaistLengthDreams

Anyone?? I mean, even if you can tell me of a reconstructor that is stronger than the Aphogee 2 minute but not as strong as the Aphogee 2 step or Nexxus Emergencee,

OR

even if you've tried one of the 3 and how you liked it or hated it! I would very much appreciate it!!! :prettyplease:

:bump::bump:

Computer Blue

It's only mountains and the sea
I am about to relax my hair soon, and I am trying to figure out what reconstructor to use after I relax. FYI: I'll be using Affirm Fiberguard Sensitive Scalp (no-lye) relaxer and I have fine hair.

Which is a stronger protein reconstructor (if you could rank them from strongest to weakest that would be even better)?

Affirm 5 in 1 Reconstructor
Affirm Sustenance

Aphogee 2 minute Keratin Reconstructor

If you think a different/unlisted reconstructor should be used after my relaxer, I welcome your advice! TIA.

JMO, but I think the affirm sustenance( made to go with the fiberguard) is the best choice for the mid protein step. It is part of the fiberguard system, and intended to be used with the fiberguard formulation.I believe you can't go wrong using the corresponding affirm reconstructor to your relaxer. hth.

sqzbly1908

I have used all three but it would be hard to determine which one would be the "stronger" of the three....

Since u are using the Fiberguard system I would use the Sustenance (staying in the product line)...however if I did not have Sustenance at home I would definitely use Aphogee...

WaistLengthDreams

I have used all three but it would be hard to determine which one would be the "stronger" of the three....

Since u are using the Fiberguard system I would use the Sustenance (staying in the product line)...however if I did not have Sustenance at home I would definitely use Aphogee...

Thank you, Sqzbly1908! I would be all over the Affirm Sustenance because I know that it's a part of the fiberguard system. However, the only way to get the Affirm Sustenance seems to be through the internet. The 5 in 1 and Aphogee 2 minute, I can get in stores. So, I'm trying to figure our if one of those will give me a good amount of protein after my relaxer.

Does anyone have the skinny on protein strength?

Esq.2B

^^^ Not necessarily, because not all proteins are created equally. For instance keratin is stronger than wheat protein.

WaistLengthDreams

^^^ Not necessarily, because not all proteins are created equally. For instance keratin is stronger than wheat protein.

good point, I guess the position of the protein on the ingredients list won't necessarily be definitive of the strength. ...it seems I'm back at square one. I'll still go take a look at the ingredients maybe they all use the same type of protein...

WaistLengthDreams

Ok, here are the ingredients. I bolded the ingredients that looked like protein to me. Please correct me if I am incorrect.

Aphogee 2 minute:
Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Polysorbate 60, Behenamidopropylamine Behenatem Stearolkonium Chloride, Cetrimonium Chloride, Cocodimonium Hydrolyzed Hair Keratin, Hydrolzed Mucopolysac Charides, Sodium Coco Collagen Amino Acids, Wheat Germ Fatty Acids, Linoleic Acid, Linolenic Acid, Arachidonic Acid, Squalane, Avocado Oil, Acetimide MEA, Panthenol, Wheat Germ Oil, Jojoba Oil, Tocopherol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sulfur, Amodimethicone, Polyquaternium 10, Linoleamidopropyl PG Dimonium, Chloride Phosphate, Tallowtrimonium Chloride, Nonoxynol 10, Cocoyl Sarcosine, Sorbitol, Fragrance, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben.

Affirm Fiberguard Sustenance Fortifying Treatment:
Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Polyquaternium-32, Glycerine, Stearalkonium Chloride, Stearamine, PEG-40 Castor Oil, Perfume, Sodium PCA, Poysorbate 20, Panthenol, Polyquaternium-10, Polyacrylamide, Citric Acid, Magnesium Citrate, Diazolidinyl Urea (And) Iodopropyl Butyl Carbamate, Simethicone, Tocojerol Acetate, FD&C Blue 1.
**Unable to identify the proteins in this one, but the website describes it as "Micro-Molecular proteins and humectants penetrate deep within the hair shaft to help repair fiber damage while moisturizing and fortifying hair fiber. • Works to repair and strengthen damaged hair fibers. "

Affirm 5 in 1 Reconstructor:
couldn't find it... but I remember "Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein" being listed as the 4th or 5th ingredient when I went to the BSS.

Prudent1

I've used the Nexxus Emergence and Aphogee 2 step. As a matter of fact I used the Aphogee last night. I got good results with both of them. :yep: I have not used the Affirm Fiberguard or Roux mendex but really like/ trust many of their other products. I don't think you can really go wrong here. That is assuming you have gotten good results from protein treatments before and know what your hair likes...

Kellum

I use the whole Fiberguard Sensitive Scalp No Lye system including the Affirm Sustenance. I've never had a problem with it. It works well with the relaxer. I would definitely recommend getting the Preservo if you haven't already purchased it. It is the protectant for the previously relaxed hair.

WaistLengthDreams

I've used the Nexxus Emergence and Aphogee 2 step. As a matter of fact I used the Aphogee last night. I got good results with both of them. :yep: I have not used the Affirm Fiberguard or Roux mendex but really like/ trust many of their other products. I don't think you can really go wrong here. That is assuming you have gotten good results from protein treatments before and know what your hair likes...

Yeah my hair does best when I use protein, so I'm not worried about getting unfavorable results. I guess I was hoping that there was some sort of hierarchy of the protein reconstructors. But I'm starting to think it's just a matter of personal preferences.

I use the whole Fiberguard Sensitive Scalp No Lye system including the Affirm Sustenance. I've never had a problem with it. It works well with the relaxer. I would definitely recommend getting the Preservo if you haven't already purchased it. It is the protectant for the previously relaxed hair.

I didn't get the Perservo because I figured I could just place a light oil on my already relaxed hair to protect it during the relaxer application.

Thank you ladies for all your input!