Recommendations for a Reconstructor.

shortee

I have been trying to decide which reconstructor to use and I have narrowed my choices down to Nexxus Keraphix Restorative Protein Crème Reconstructor or Aphogee Intensive Two-Minute Keratin Reconstructor. I have been reading on the forum that you need to counter balance the effects of a touchup with a protein treatment either right after your touchup, or a week later. (correct me if I’m wrong) So I am trying to find a reconstructor that can do this and that is mild enough for me to use every two weeks. So does any one use either of these? Or can any one recommend a good reconstructor?

lexi08

I currently use and like TIGI Dumb Blonde Reconstrutor. I am thinking I will switch to Aveda Damage Remedy in the fall. Vitale Super Reconstructor is also good and is inexpensive.

HoneyDew

I think the Nexxus and the Aphogee are both good choices. There are so many good ones out here, though.

I have used both and would repurchase either. Right now the Aphogee Keratin in is my rotation and I love it. Actually I use it right after rinsing out my relaxer before neutralizing.

Namilani

I also rotate, but choosing between your finalists I pick Keraphix (never used the 2-minute Keratin). Affirm 5-in-1, the "big" Aphogee mixed with ORS Mayo, and Kerafuse are others I use.

Daisimae

I use the ApHogee 2-min. But, I also mix it with a touch of a moisturizing conditioner, usually Proclaim Shea Butter and Aloe. I keep moisture present in almost every treatment because of my no-lye relaxer.

I've used this mixture as a pre-poo, (20 mins, no heat), and as a conditioning treatment, for 5 - 10 minutes, right after a shampoo, then followed up with a moisturizing DC. My hair has stayed strong and moisturized with no problems.