• crown

Votes: 44 30.6%
  • sides

Votes: 22 15.3%
  • bang area

Votes: 10 6.9%

• Total voters

sofash

Does one part of your hair grow fast than the other? I find htat my crown grows twice as fast as my back area. for a long time that was actually te longest layer, im currently working on trying to make the back section the longest section

LivinMyLifeLikeItsGolden

The back of my hair grows way faster than the rest of my hair. I think it grows faster and it's easier for me to retain as well. If the back of my hair was never trimmed, I would probably be BSL while the rest of my hair is Shoulder length. LOL.

SmilingElephant

Does one part of your hair grow fast than the other? I find htat my crown grows twice as fast as my back area. for a long time that was actually te longest layer, im currently working on trying to make the back section the longest section

Same here! My crown area grows like a BEAST!! The front is a close 2nd and then my sides and then my name come in 4th place.

ChocolatePie777

I dont think any.....my nape area is a losser texture and looks longer and also retaines better...but i dont think it grows faster

Jetblackhair

The top area which is about an inch back from my hairline. I didn't vote since I don't consider this area the bang area nor the crown, just the top of my head.

Ogoma

My hair grows pretty evenly. My sides are coiler and my crown/front/back are looser so they look longer, but when I measure them, they are all about the same length.

ronie

if my nape and my eges grew as fast as my crown i would be bsl now. But when my hair is down i am only sl. The attached pictures were just after i trimmed the longest layer once again so everything can look shoulder length when down. The ticker part of my braids is my new growth ( 9 months post relaxer?

Attachments

• IMG_1159.jpg
    IMG_1159.jpg
    405 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_1160.jpg
    IMG_1160.jpg
    501.1 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_1161.jpg
    IMG_1161.jpg
    374.6 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_1163.jpg
    IMG_1163.jpg
    419.9 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_1165.jpg
    IMG_1165.jpg
    355.6 KB · Views: 24

Lucie

Dancin' on sunshine!
The middle, LOL!

ETA: Um, so I am guessing the "middle" is the crown area? DAMN, I am slow. :lol: I only knew what the temple and nape area was. Shame on me. :ohwell:

Last edited:

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
Right side, then bang, then left side, nape.

Crown is dead last. Breaks easily and is always an inch shorter. Grrrrr!

Last edited:

AtlantaJJ

My nape and the hair in the back are a combo of 3c, 4a and retains way better than the rest of my hair which is majority 4b. I have to keep the back cut so that it stays somewhat even with the rest of my hair. I don't know that I will ever have the top of my hair be as long as the back. I would have to cut, cut, cut, grow, grow, grow. :lol:

Just11412

my hair goes through phases. for example, last year my hair was growing fast on the sides. but the rest was just at a standstill. now the nape is doing better this year and the sides are just doing whatever.

i used to think my crown wasn't really growing because its my problem area (it just has this weird texture). but its actually my longest area.

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
I'm surprised to see that most of you are saying that your crown grows the fastest!

My nape area and bangs area grows the fastest, then the sides, and the crown is the slowest for me.

yorkpatties

ChocolatePie777 said:
I dont think any.....my nape area is a losser texture and looks longer and also retaines better...but i dont think it grows faster

Same here. Especially right behind my ears on both sides. The best judge would have been touch up time, and I never noticed any area desperately in need of a touch up compared to the rest of my head, so I think it all grows evenly. Being natural now, I've definitely got sections where the hair is longer, but I don't think it's because it's growing any faster than the rest.