Which Affirm Relaxer?

EmeraldSky

<font color="purple"> I checked to see if this question has been answered already, but I didn't find anything so here goes....
Does anyone know the difference between Affirm's Creme relaxer and Creme Conditioning relaxer and which is the lye formula everyone is raving about? I'm at Avlon.com (Affirm's) website and the Conditioning Creme relaxer is listed under Fiberguard on the right, but both have a lye formula. Any help would be highly appreciated.
</font>

LondonDiva

Either one is fine. They are both lye relaxers although the Fiberguard is supposed to be a better relaxer out of the 2. Don't worry if you can't get it though because the other one is excellent.

The Affirm creme relaxer the tub is the one to use not the one in the box. From looking at the fiberguard it comes in lye only.

Stay away from the one in the box, pictured underneath the tub, that the no-lye version.

Armyqt

My stylist told me today that Fiberguard is a more gentle realxer that is designed for brittle and breaking hair. She says it's very gentle and is ideal for people who only want to loosen their curls a little. hth

EmeraldSky

<font color="purple"> Thanks Armyqt and Londondiva. My last touchup she used Affirm's Conditioning Creme Relaxer. I've asked stylists but they don't seem to know the difference or they aren't familiar with Affirm's lye relaxers at all

I'd like to be on the safe side and use the one that many have had good experiences with, but apparently either one is fine. Thanks again! </font>

mirrormirror

My hair dresser uses Affirm dry Hair &amp; sensitive Scalp relaxer(Guanidine Hydroxide). From looking on the website, she uses the one in the box, So Im guessing like londondiva says, its no-lye. And I have never had any problems. Anyway Ive never really been concerend about the no-lye, lye, relaxer thing.

Kitkat

For any ladies who might want to know, guanidine hydroxide is AKA calcium hydroxide, the active ingredient in no lye relaxers.

G

MirrorMirror, I used that for over 10 years and never had a problem. Exept the last year or so but i know that was due to faulty stylists

I switched to lye and thougt it thinned my hair out to much but it was not a brand name relaxer so I switched back to affirm but the lady gave me the same kind.

So, I'm due for a touchup and DO NOT know what to do...