Where my Bay Area Ladies at???!!

Cheleigh

I think i know who this Kalundra is...did she use to work at Victor Jeromes, and Macys?? If so I was going to her at one point...my dislike was that she took entirely tooo long either than that there were no complaints...well maybe the heat too. I just saw her not too long ago but was unable to ask where she is now.

Ha! I remember Kalundra--I briefly went to Andrea at Victor Jeromes (when relaxed).

There are a couple of places that have been recommended to me:
Head Design in Oakland
MaduSalon in SF
HairPlay in SF
Aveda now has an institute in SF

My BFF does a really good flat iron at her salon in Oakland.

I haven't been to a salon since the BC, so I have no personal experience as a natural.

A856

I just moved to San Francisco with my fiancee two weeks ago. although I usually do my hair myself I would still like to know about a spot I can go to just in case. I am literally downtown San francisco and still not to sure about how to get around. I would love to meet up with some of you though. also I see alot of eritreans around, maybe there is an eritrean salon somewhere that does hair well.

Hey there i got the info on the salon:

Flamingo
5032 Telegraph ave; Oak
510-658-7223
stylist Abby or Almaz

HTH!

PrettyBrownEyes

Hi,

I live in the Bay Area, I'd like to meet up. I don't have a stylists to rave about or recommend right now. The lady I used to go to doesn't put the same care in hair as she used to. I've been going to JC Penney's.

NuMe2004

Good to see that more of you have responded. I'm definitely down to meet, so let's just pick a date and place and do it!

FYI, May is no good for me. So far, June is open ;)

Riverwalk

Awww....where were you ladies when I was living in the Bay? (San Jose, to be exact :))

I had the hardest time finding a stylist in the South Bay, so I eventually just went natural and started taking care of my hair myself. On occasion, when I needed to go to a professional, I went to a salon in San Francisco, but I can't remember the name. Let me call one of my friends...she may remember.

jazzysweet

East Bay checkin in!!! I dont know of any salons that I can recommend . Ive been staying away from salons since 2001 and my hair has never been longer. My freind goes to a black aveda salon in Vallejo (Joannas?) and has had some great results.

On another note, I would love to meet. Saturdays are great for me... I'll keep checking this thread to see what you all agree on.