Where are you?

beyondcute

Is there anybody on this forum that has hair that grows faster than 1/2 an inch per month? I Knkow Den and Ekomba have fast growing hair (and you two are FREE to come in and tell all) but is there anyone else out there who has hair that grows fater than that, consistentely?

My hair grows faster in the summer btu in the winter it slows down so in the end Im still averaging about 1/2 an inch per month. This winter Im gonna try and get 3/4 an inch per month (without the topical aids and vitamins). And I wanna know if there's anyone out there who has done it.

Ms_Twana

I think my hair grows faster than the half inch per month average. But only in some parts; the crown mostly. I am 9 weeks post and I have close to 2 inches of new growth in the crown area. That's why I came to this site in the first place. I couldn't understand how with all of the new growth I had at touch up time (six weeks), my hair was still the same length 4 years later. Now sure I got streaks and my hair broke off, but I don't really remember my hair being past this length.

Je Ne Sais Quoi

I THINK my hair grows faster than 1/2" per month. But, just like the person above it happens only in certain areas. For example, my bangs have only grown I would guess about an inch or two in the last 4 months. But, the back of my hair has grown at least 3 or 4 inches in the last 4 months. I've had to trim the the back on several occasions because I didn't like that it was so grown out back there in comparison to the rest of my hair. I don't take any growth aids or vitamins. I really should be taking vitamins though and start taking my iron as I am anemic. I'll bet the iron will increase the hair growth. I started out in February in a pixie cut and now my hair is almost shoulder length even with some trims here and there.

Candy_C

Hey beyond cute, i manage to get an inch per month with consistent vitamin taking.

i would suggest:

• taking a multi,biotin,b-50complex and Flaxseed (even though u dont take vits you would have to get these from food instead)
  • eat tons of fish and potato (skin)
  • have 2 eggs every day
  • massage your scalp really well
  • use an Indian tonic such as Amla or Vatika once a week (overnight)
  • drink at least 2 litres of water a day
  • do a cold water rinse after every wash
  • comb once every week (or few days)
  • keep your ends close to your scalp to retain length (and to make the ends just as pretty/shoney/oily as the roots)

if you dont get mad growth in winter after doing all this then i'll be damned!

Last edited:

MissFallon

My hair grows pretty fast, on average about 1/2 inch- 3/4" in two weeks and usually between 1-1.5 inches per month. I take vitamins (GNC UltraNourishHair & Biotin). W/o the vits I believe my hair grows about 1 inch per month. When I was using MN I was getting 2 inches per month. I attribute this mostly to protective styles and no manipulation at all. I wear a phonypony everyday. When I take it off at night I put S-Curl in my hair brush it with my hands (w/o ever taking the ponytail holder off or touching my ends which are braided) and then put a scarf on and put the ponytail on in the morning.

AllyMD

I use Viviscal, Nioxin vitamins, and MN on my scalp and I get 1 inch a month. Without these, I get about 1/2 inch a month. I guess you whould call me a 4a :confused: if you want to know my hair type.

HoneyDew

My mom's does. I have been doing her hair all summer and I am SO SO surprised at how fast her hair has been growing.

All she does is have it washed and conditioned weekly, deep conditions once a month and put's Nature's Blessing on her scalp 2-3 times a week.

That's it.

No one can tear her away from that Nature's Blessings!! And yes, although many people say NO GREASE, that stuff is doing wonders for her hair.

She gets about 3/4 of an inch.

But, I don't think she is using it for a topical growth aid. She is just old school and grease is not optional in her book. :)

beyondcute

Thanks ladies I think Im going to start taking a simple multi vitamin. I know Im anemic and probably vitamin deficient. I usde to massage my scalp so I will start diong that agin. I just hate my winter time slumps! Thanks for al lthe great advice :)

HoneyDew

beyondcute said:
Thanks ladies I think Im going to start taking a simple multi vitamin. I know Im anemic and probably vitamin deficient. I usde to massage my scalp so I will start diong that agin. I just hate my winter time slumps! Thanks for al lthe great advice :)

I think I am like you, as well.

I never take vitamins. I bought adaily vitamin and changed up my diet abit. I also started scalp massages, too. I hear good things about that. I have one of those Ting Ting motorized massagers and I have been using it for about aweek now.

Good luck BC.

BTW - your hair has always been so pretty and healthy to me.

KiSseS03

The whole bak half of my head grows faster than average of 1/2 inch per month... no fancy potions or pills, it just does that. The front of my hair is a different texture, and grows about on average (I think the hairline might be a little less than average).

I'm not running out to try any growth aids or anything, I just let my hair do it's thing. What I do know is warm weather increases my growth significantly! I went to the caribbean for 2 weeks, and by the time I got back my hair which before was only able to barely reach into 3 puffs, was able to form just 2! I'm happy!

beyondcute

Bumping for Den 1 and Ekomba!!! And to let yall know I will be takign a multivitamin and will now start the cold rinse after every wash.

Qetesh

Candy_C said:
Hey beyond cute, i manage to get an inch per month with consistent vitamin taking.

i would suggest:
  • taking a multi,biotin,b-50complex and Flaxseed (even though u dont take vits you would have to get these from food instead)
  • have 2 eggs every day
  • keep your ends close to your scalp to retain length (and to make the ends just as pretty/shoney/oily as the roots)

thanks for the tips, i honestly have no idea how fast my hair grows because i never measured it but it grew about 4 inches in 6 months so thats somewhere between 1/2 to 2/3 inch a month.
i would like to get it up to an inch a month or more and i do already do some of the mentioned regularly b4 trying to grow out my hair so mayb starting it and protecive styles will help :)

Starian

With no vitamins, I can average 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch a month. With vitamins I can get 1- 1 1/2 inches, depending on what I'm using topically as well.

pinayprincess

Candy_C said:

i would suggest:
  • have 2 eggs every day

:lachen: Good advice, chica!