When you rollerset, is your hair soaking wet or damp?

Ladylynn

Hey ladies, I was thinking that I would try roller setting damp hair (about 50% dry), instead of soaking wet hair like I am used to doing. This may help to speed up the air drying time. I'll more than likely have to mist the ends with a little water in the process. Does anyone else roller set on damp hair? I'm really interested in some feed back. I don't wanna try this set, then in the morning realize that my hair looks a like a hot mess. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Hmm...
When I do wet sets, my hair isn't soakingwet because I lighty towel dry. But when I spray each section w/ leave-in and some kind of moisturizer, it's pretty damp. I don't think you should have any problems but I think a good rollerset happens when the ends are kinda wet. (am I making any sense??) So you could let it dry 50%, and then spritz each section w/ water so moisten it enough for it to stick to the roller.
( :scratchch *I hope I'm making sense*)

Both... :ohwell:
It starts out wet (not soaking wet) & then it gets a bit damp, depending on how long I take doing it. I try to sprits the drying sections...
;)

ChosenbyGod said:

Hmm...
When I do wet sets, my hair isn't soakingwet because I lighty towel dry. But when I spray each section w/ leave-in and some kind of moisturizer, it's pretty damp. I don't think you should have any problems but I think a good rollerset happens when the ends are kinda wet. (am I making any sense??) So you could let it dry 50%, and then spritz each section w/ water so moisten it enough for it to stick to the roller.
( :scratchch *I hope I'm making sense*)

I do mine on damp hair too(only because it takes my hair a very, very long time to dry). However, I always end up spritzing the hair that is dryer than I want.(not soaking though pretty damp) However, for my ends to smooth onto the roller, I use Healthy Ends.

I agree with Anky though, the drenched wet set results are a lot smoother!.... :yep:

I prefer soaking wet. I hand squeeze the water out after rinsing and then spray on my leave-in conditioner.

I usually rollerset right after rinsing, and using my hand to squeeze out some of the water. So, I guess you can say my hair is pretty wet when I rollerset. I put in leave in and a wrap foam before setting. My hair tends to start to dry while setting so I do spritz the dry parts a little.

I do mine on damp hair and apply a little setting lotion and gel
they always trun out soft and bouncy. :grin:

Ashee said:
Both... :ohwell:
It starts out wet (not soaking wet) & then it gets a bit damp, depending on how long I take doing it. I try to sprits the drying sections...
;)

I do the same thing. :up: By the way, great hair and growth, anky. :yep:

Back